First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is stopping a dealer from selling you order out from under you to someone for a higher price?
A 45 Colt Auto...

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are worried about your dealer screwing with you you should have picked a different dealer. And these days there's nothing that makes it hard for you to use a dealer not in your area.

Sponsored

Deleted member 23105

If you are worried about your dealer screwing with you you should have picked a different dealer. And these days there's nothing that makes it hard for you to use a dealer not in your area.
You can order a vehicle from any dealer in the United States, and have it drop shipped to your local dealer.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What concerns me is people wanting to trade a vehicle in on the bronco. The dealer kinda has you over a barrel. It would be almost impossible to figure a price for your trade months in advance. When people who are trading go to pick up their bronco they might be in for a rude awakening.

Deleted member 23105

I'm afraid of this happening if I nitpick about doc fees, dealer prep etc....
No, dealers are not offended by negotiation. This is how they operate their business. Just be respectful, but firm. "I will not pay for the dealer pack over MSRP on this vehicle." They will many times, retract their insistence on charging for added dealer costs above MSRP.

Deleted member 23105

What concerns me is people wanting to trade a vehicle in on the bronco. The dealer kinda has you over a barrel. It would be almost impossible to figure a price for your trade months in advance. When people who are trading go to pick up their bronco they might be in for a rude awakening.
Never trade in a vehicle to the dealer. They will sell it for about $3,000 more than they pay you. If they offer you a higher than Book Price for you vehicle, they are taking money from the Gross Profit on the vehicle they are selling you, to compensate for this amount.

Sell your vehicle yourself, and take your cash to the dealer. Never trade, it helps the dealers profit margin, hurts your wallet. You can always get more by selling your trade, yourself...

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Never trade in a vehicle to the dealer. They will sell it for about $3,000 more than they pay you. If they offer you a higher than Book Price for you vehicle, they are taking money from the Gross Profit on the vehicle they are selling you, to compensate for this amount.

Sell your vehicle yourself, and take your cash to the dealer. Never trade, it helps the dealers profit margin, hurts your wallet. You can always get more by selling your trade, yourself...
In most cases you’re right but not mine. My last truck I purchased it for $54,500 I traded it for $58,000. Add in the 7% sales tax I saved on $58,000 thats $62060 for my truck on trade when I bought it for $54500.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer won't typically give you more than what Carmax or any of the other places will give you. So it's not hard at all to get an estimate on the trade in value.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Selling it yourself can be a huge hassle for some people. I have done it both ways, trade it in or sold it myself. Sometimes the couple grand difference isn't worth the pain of dealing with the public.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The dealer won't typically give you more than what Carmax or any of the other places will give you. So it's not hard at all to get an estimate on the trade in value.
Its the dealers choice if they want to take your trade or not. They could say they’re not interested in your trade. Or they could lowball the shit out of you knowing you want the bronco.

Deleted member 23105

In most cases you’re right but not mine. My last truck I purchased it for $54,500 I traded it for $58,000. Add in the 7% sales tax I saved on $58,000 thats $62060 for my truck on trade when I bought it for $54500.
Do you think that the dealer did not make more on this deal than you could have by selling your vehicle? You paid more than you needed to. All automobile dealers know that if they can get you to trade your vehicle, they will make substantially more on the profit end. They only make it seem like you got a better deal. As a dealer myself for over 30 years, It is not possible to get a better deal on a new vehicle by trading your own vehicle. This being said, some people don't care about 2-$3,000, and they don't want the work of selling their own car. If you do just a little work in cleaning up and selling your vehicle before your order arrives, it will pay off in many more $$ for you.
Sponsored