Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Then you picked the wrong dealership.

Chapman was doing and prob still doing 4% under invoice. You should consider moving your reservation to their dealership.

I've never purchased a new car. I was given a build sheet which I signed and I assumed was an agreement, but come to find out this was not the case. Upon talking to the dealership I was told they would adjust the price when the bronco arrived based on market value. This is factual, not a scenario.
Sponsored

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then you picked the wrong dealership.

Chapman was doing and prob still doing 4% under invoice. You should consider moving your reservation to their dealership.
Nothing you said was of added value. At this point I already know all of the above.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s what I’m sayin, right now the market is so strong but when the bronco actually arrives there’s a lot of things that can be different mileage, condition of your trade. Your committed to getting your bronco that you ordered. There’s nothing to stop a dealer from offering 5k less than your trades worth in the hopes you walk away. Then sell your bronco at fat ADM. Believe me they’re dealerships that will do this. There’s probably gonna be people in the situation where they have to trade in their vehicle in order to free up the debt to income to purchase the bronco they won’t be able to carry two car loans. It’s going to be very very interesting to see this shit show unfold.
Oh, I agree Steve. I think we all know, or have heard of dealers doing just that. If fact I could probably name the one in my area that would be apt to pull that kind of crap. This is going to be one of the strangest deals I've ever made, because of the fluctuations in prices of pre-owned cars that could happen before it's all over.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, I agree Steve. I think we all know, or have heard of dealers doing just that. If fact I could probably name the one in my area that would be apt to pull that kind of crap. This is going to be one of the strangest deals I've ever made, because of the fluctuations in prices of pre-owned cars that could happen before it's all over.
How do you like your 2019 Wrangler? I might be going that route lol

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I've never purchased a new car. I was given a build sheet which I signed and I assumed was an agreement, but come to find out this was not the case. Upon talking to the dealership I was told they would adjust the price when the bronco arrived based on market value. This is factual, not a scenario.
Did you and your dealer sign a purchase agreement.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nick, what was your reservation date? Reason I ask is there may be a way to get you out of that crap. Maybe......

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Depends. Did you email Ford every 15 minutes like you were supposed to? If you didn’t then you don’t really have an order. And Ford will charge you a 25% restocking fee for that.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Again! I can't answer questions like what happens if the Sun does not rise.

If your dealer told you they have the right to raise the price then most likely they will. If you are not comfortable with this scenario then you need to transfer your order to another dealership (assuming you have not received a VIN yet)

I can't say anything else to make you feel better. And btw the window sticker on all cars is at MRSP (Manufacturers suggested retail price) .. dealers can chose to ignore this and there is nothing Ford will do about it.

My local dealership has a gt500 with a 40K markup and they are well within their right to price it at whatever the market can support.

Ford Bronco What is stopping a dealer from selling you order 1625767778602

Nothing you said was of added value. At this point I already know all of the above.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How do you like your 2019 Wrangler? I might be going that route lol
At 18K miles the only thing it has needed was a battery for the Auto start/stop, and oil changes. It makes my long long wait for the Bronco easier. I suggest, if you haven't already, test drive one before you make the move. The new JL's drive much better than the past Jeeps, but there is still a big difference. A solid axle front end with a pitman arm has a little play in the steering. It doesn't bother me, and it's quite easy to get used too, but others just don't like the way they drive.

Mine has the 3.6L 6 banger with an 8 speed auto, and averages 24-25 mpgs on the highway, and 19-20 in town. To me it has a very good, but different kind of ride. Again a solid front axle does change the ride many have grown accustomed too in a vehicle with an independent front suspension. We took ours across country on a 5K+ mile road trip right after we bought it, and had an absolute ball. It was fun just turning down an old back road just to see where it went. The ride was comfortable the entire journey.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
At 18K miles the only thing it has needed was a battery for the Auto start/stop, and oil changes. It makes my long long wait for the Bronco easier. I suggest, if you haven't already, test drive one before you make the move. The new JL's drive much better than the past Jeeps, but there is still a big difference. A solid axle front end with a pitman arm has a little play in the steering. It doesn't bother me, and it's quite easy to get used too, but others just don't like the way they drive.

Mine has the 3.6L 6 banger with an 8 speed auto, and averages 24-25 mpgs on the highway, and 19-20 in town. To me it has a very good, but different kind of ride. Again a solid front axle does change the ride many have grown accustomed too in a vehicle with an independent front suspension. We took ours across country on a 5K+ mile road trip right after we bought it, and had an absolute ball. It was fun just turning down an old back road just to see where it went. The ride was comfortable the entire journey.
Thanks! I'll go drive a few this week. I'm a have several vehicles with solid axles and I actually prefer them over IFS (much easier to maintain). Good feedback just in case. I appreciate that.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your in Austin it doesn’t really count as real Texas.
Careful, it would be embarrassing to get shot by a cowboy in skinny jeans :LOL:

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you and your dealer sign a purchase agreement.
I signed a build sheet that I thought was an agreement, but I came to find out it was not. Since I've never purchased a brand new vehicle from reservation to build and all that process I had no clue what was really supposed to happen.

bronco2drga

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again! I can't answer questions like what happens if the Sun does not rise.

If your dealer told you they have the right to raise the price then most likely they will. If you are not comfortable with this scenario then you need to transfer your order to another dealership (assuming you have not received a VIN yet)

I can't say anything else to make you feel better. And btw the window sticker on all cars is at MRSP (Manufacturers suggested retail price) .. dealers can chose to ignore this and there is nothing Ford will do about it.

My local dealership has a gt500 with a 40K markup and they are well within their right to price it at whatever the market can support.

Ford Bronco What is stopping a dealer from selling you order 1625767778602
Hindsight is always 20/20. That is why I was asking if anyone knew what would happen based on some stating previously (which I quoted in my first post) that dealers who pushed reservations holders off purchases would be penalized.

I totally understand MSRP and how this all works. My issue is I did not understand that what I signed was not an actual binding contract on price.

Again your tone is not appreciated "what happens if the Sun does not rise" was never part of this conversation. It was a legit if this occurs what will Ford do based on what was previously stated ( I assumed that OP may actually know).

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ouch, you don't want to lose that. Maybe give the Ford hot line a call, and just complain. I don't think that will change anything though. Good luck, and don't forget to leave a Yelp, and Google review for this crappy dealer telling people just how they treat their customers. I would do that today, and tell it like it is.
Sponsored