Sponsored

What the h@ll is this on my Ford pricing summary?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is ADM. Ford got the info from the dealer before they sent you the invite to order; they started doing that because of all of the complaints from customers about surprise ADMs. Mine said zero and I also have a signed copy with both mine and the dealer's signatures on two copies, one in my file at dealership and my copy.

And Ford's electronic one too.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine has the same thing, dealer says they don’t know where that number comes from. I have a signed S&P agreement at MSRP.
Yeah, I’d give your dealer a lot of sideeye on that. My order came in as agreed with no E24 ADM:
Ford Bronco What the h@ll is this on my Ford pricing summary? 29211DE1-A65D-4326-B981-E70C89102D56

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol so instead of killing ADM they’re just making sure the dealers tell you up front they’re bending you over. Love it.

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine says my total is like $50,200(I wish) on a 4dr Badlands with V6, Sasquatch, MIC and high. I wouldn't trust any prices listed on backdoor tracker.
Same . . . 4-door BL, mid mansquatch showing at $36,775.00.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

GM tolds their dealers not to do this with the new Silverado EV. It's so nice to see Ford proudly advertises the screwing we're gonna get. Who says Ford's not transparent. :)

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah... Ford is so against dealers charging ADM that they have created a place for ADM in the pricing on a corporate web page. Ford has been saying what people want to hear, but their actions are exactly opposite. The fact is that Ford is more than happy for a dealer to charge as much additional markup as someone is willing to pay, and they couldn't care less whether it goes to the original reservation holder or not. On the flip side, the ADM is disclosed... but only after you order. I don't know that Ford will ever recover the goodwill that has been lost throughout this process.

I agree that Ford has not handled this adroitly, to put it mildly. It's a shame that this and the supply chain stuff destroyed one of their most important product launches in decades, because that's pretty much the sad fact.

I don't think its necessarily true that they've intentionally misled their customers on their ADM position. I think they've probably had tough discussions with reps of the dealers and that they either were forced to acceded something to the dealers, or they think that the dealers have a valid economic point. After all, those discussions don't occur in a vacuum. Dealers likely have a laundry list of non-Bronco complaints to air with Ford (elimination of all cars in the US market? various product supply issues that are stepping on their profit windpipes? The coming EV reorganization? to name a few) and a reason why they need, absolutely need, ADM on the few hot products that they do have.

I see this as a compromise solution. Allow ADMs, but insist on a degree of transparency. What I'm missing is some indication that even *these* documents are binding on the dealers. What if the day arrives and the dealer believes he can get a $20K markup and not the "agreed" $5K? Will even this save the order for the original customer? I'm not so sure.

Nothing beats a firm, binding agreement with your contracting counterparty - the dealer - if you want anything approaching price certainty. I personally would not buy anything without this, and if I can't get it, I'll move on.

Sponsored

eareyer77

Big Bend
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Does anyone else have this add on?

Ford Bronco What the h@ll is this on my Ford pricing summary? 29211DE1-A65D-4326-B981-E70C89102D56
So my husband and I were at the dealership yesterday to pick mine up for its first oil change. There was a two door on the lot and it had a sticker price of $40K. My husband decided to try to trade in his truck for it. The dealer was honest that they were selling them above sticker price at least $10K however when he came back with our trade in value and the new price, it was literally $68K. My husband asked why they were attempting to upcharge us close to $20K and stated that it was very grimy for them to do such a thing. The dealer replied that it was not grimy at all since they are a hot commodity and they have so few of them and of any inventory so they have to upcharge so that they make money. The lot was full of cars, trucks and I counted 5 Broncos on the lot with stickers available to sell. We left without the Bronco. It was a base model/outer banks. So, with that being said all this long delay in getting one, they can now mark them up and capitalize on driving up market value. Then to boot, I've heard that when you go to the dealership to pick yours up, after ordering it, they drive up the price even further then what you were originally quoted. I love my Bronco, but this will be the only time I will ever buy a Ford...never again.

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this a Raptor order with a clever ADM built right in with the usual name change?
Sponsored