Sponsored

What the h@ll is this on my Ford pricing summary?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How does your MSRP on the window sticker compare to the site? I just noticed mine is $1,750 MORE than my window sticker. It recently changed to that, in the last two weeks.
It reflects the 2022.5 pricing on the website, but I trust Granger and what they committed to in email.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing beats a firm, binding agreement with your contracting counterparty - the dealer - if you want anything approaching price certainty. I personally would not buy anything without this, and if I can't get it, I'll move on.
A GOOD CONTRACT PROTECTS BOTH PARTIES.

This is what consistently angers me when all the "zero down" blowhards start sounding off.

Part of that firm binding agreement you mentioned SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE an exchange of currency.
I am NOT a lawyer, but have read repeatedly that the exchange of currency shown on the contract is a VERY strong legal tool to have in your tool box if they start to think about pulling shenanigans.

There is/was a valid binding contract and THEY accepted the terms and verfied that by accepting a down payment.

That $100 res fee? That went to Ford Corporate, THEN it filtered down to the dealer AND the fine print states that the final price is agreed upon between YOU and the DEALER and has NOT been set yet.

I didn't even have to ask my dealer for a signed contract at order time. It is part of their normal order process.
We used the DORA, all taxes , fees, etc were stated to show a Final purchase price. Then it showed the $100 res fee and the extra $400 I put down.
We had 2 copies, which we both signed, one "original" for each of us.
At delivery time, there were ZERO issues or surprises.

Almost all of the surprise ADM stories start with , "we didn't sign anything when we ordered."

So , it may be shitty, but Ford is agreeing to ADM and they are trying to have it be out in the open by showing it in the B&P or whatever.

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, my order summary adds an extra $20,000!! But I don't think we can call it ADM or rely on it, really. I say that because although the base MSRP of my Bronco is $30,795, it has a total MSRP w/options of over $41,000, which isn't reflected in the below. I'm guessing the dealer just puts in a swag to cover whatever the final price is when it's built (assuming no price protection as I ordered in Dec 2021 on an Aug 2021 reservation)? Also, my dealer confirmed in writing that "no one who special orders a car/truck from us pays over MSRP." I actually switched dealers to this one (in NY) because the first dealer (in NJ) told me all Broncos ordered through them have a $3k ADM (at least they were upfront before I finalized my order). So maybe I'm naïve, but I'm hoping they honor their written word (also confirmed in a telephone call). I don't have a VIN or build date, btw.

Ford Bronco What the h@ll is this on my Ford pricing summary? Order Summary.JPG

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I took a look at my Braptor order… no additional dealer cost. It is exactly MSRP.

As an FYI - Ford accessories were not included, and this is called out on the website.

KSJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia,F250,Camry,Harley,Mach1
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like Ford ought to be more transparent and out front with this. At least tell order holders that, “Yes, we will screw you on pricing, just because we can.”

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Adjusted for inflation. In 3 years a base model will be 40k. 🧐
Indeed the base has already gone up several grand since introduction. Would be smart to have an alternate vehicle for top down off-roading now and into next year. That 2-door base manual at 28k would have been a nice little off-road rig ... oh well.

Stewdee55

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Indeed the base has already gone up several grand since introduction. Would be smart to have an alternate vehicle for top down off-roading now and into next year. That 2-door base manual at 28k would have been a nice little off-road rig ... oh well.
My Sas Bigly Bend 2.7 looking better an better at 47k.

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any words from your dealership OP? You ordered it through Phil Long, right?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Seacat

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any words from your dealership OP? You ordered it through Phil Long, right?
No, this was my Freeway Ford order, which I canceled after reordering from Phil Long Ford. I never did get a call back response from Freeway Ford, not even when I canceled my order with them. Their loss I guess, Phil Long honored my price protection and Ford Pass Points.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Slip it in here > they won’t notice…

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, this was my Freeway Ford order, which I canceled after reordering from Phil Long Ford. I never did get a call back response from Freeway Ford, not even when I canceled my order with them. Their loss I guess, Phil Long honored my price protection and Ford Pass Points.
Damn one of my orders is with Barbies Freeway.. my salesman is Jordan but he gave me a signed purchase agreement
Sponsored