Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, he's incapable of objectivity. His absurd devotion to Jeep and Range Rover completely clouds everything he says. Thankfully his son is extremely objective and appears to be the one doing this week's videos.
They have enough debate about vehicles that they review that I don’t need “objectivity.” I find that having that fans and “haters” debating a product can be much more informative than one person pretending to be objective.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, a comparison between the Bronco, and the Jeep Wrangler. I just didn't see that comin'........:sneaky:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@TFLtruck Bump on this. Going back and forth between BD SAS, BL, and BL SAS. Pain points are Mid vs High and sound deadening.
Well, the sound deadening is not going to matter much with the non-carpeted floor. Unless you are trying to pinch pennies, get the Badlands - the resale value is going to be higher.

If it was me, and I was letting resale value dictate my choice, I would consider a few specifications.

1. BL SAS 2.7 Auto high or lux
2. BL non-sas 2.3 manual front and rear lockers with high or lux
3. BL non-sas 2.7 auto high or lux with front and rear lockers.

Other than the First Editions, these will likely be the most sought-after versions. Due to the rarity, I would suspect that a 2.3 BL 2 door non-sas manual with the high package would be very desirable in regards to resale to the hardcore off-road crowd and generally hard to find given the current statistics.

Lashedup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spy photos happen. Sure. I work in an industry that on any given day we have a part or a model that is under an embargo. Often a customer has the "spy" shots or information that is not yet released. We can't confirm or deny what the customer has and can't release more information until the embargo is lifted.

If we do we can lose that account quite easily. There's a consequence.

Just because we, and our customers, have early information does not mean we can post it on our social media or whatever as a "spy" shot and not expect consequences. We still need to protect the embargo.

If Terry on YouTube releases a spy shot, so be it, Ford has very little recourse with him.... If a professional media outlet does then Ford can punish them, like they did. Otherwise no one would respect embargoes.
In the automotive space, that ship has largely sailed. Yes, if a manufacturer gives you embargoed materials with a promise not to publish them till a given and date, and you break that embargo, then there could be consequences. However, spy shots have been published in magazines long before the Internet existed and with online publications and so many cell phone cameras floating around, it is virtually impossible to stop leaks or spy photos from leaking. And that's without getting into "controlled" releases of spy shots by manufacturers which happen all the time now.

My larger point is that if a manufacturer values a relationship with an outlet, you need to have a relationship with them. In nearly all cases where manufacturers scrapped with outlets, it ends poorly and you end up wanting/needing their coverage in the end. I could name numerous journalists that most PR people can't stand dealing with, but that's the nature of the business. Why punish TCL if a dozen other outlets including some of the big ones, are putting up many of the same spy shots? And once one outlet does it, many/most will follow, even if it is pointing to the first outlet. Kinda a crappy way of still spreading the information and hoping to blame someone else. All pretty stupid in the big picture.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d like to put an order in for one of those wenches.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Here is one of the land rover wenches:

Ford Bronco What we’ve all been waiting for…. TFL Bronco Week arizona-renaissance-festival-wenches-opening-weekend-costumed-characters-royalty-vendors-ent

Sponsored

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Spy photos happen. Sure. I work in an industry that on any given day we have a part or a model that is under an embargo. Often a customer has the "spy" shots or information that is not yet released. We can't confirm or deny what the customer has and can't release more information until the embargo is lifted.

If we do we can lose that account quite easily. There's a consequence.

Just because we, and our customers, have early information does not mean we can post it on our social media or whatever as a "spy" shot and not expect consequences. We still need to protect the embargo.

If Terry on YouTube releases a spy shot, so be it, Ford has very little recourse with him.... If a professional media outlet does then Ford can punish them, like they did. Otherwise no one would respect embargoes.
Right. But Ford is not TFL’s customer (nor vice versa). TFL is doing automotive journalism, and they can choose to participate in an embargo or not. If they don’t, and Ford want to punish them, fine, and they can both deal with the consequences.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right. But Ford is not TFL’s customer (nor vice versa). TFL is doing automotive journalism, and they can choose to participate in an embargo or not. If they don’t, and Ford want to punish them, fine, and they can both deal with the consequences.
Yea, both parties are free to do what they want.

And then Ford realized how much viewership they were missing by blacklisting TFL (their main channel alone has a million subs) throughout these big product reveals.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.