Sponsored

What will be the rarest Color/Model Combo?

What Exterior Color Model Combo will be the most rare?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And I would add the Lightening Blue FE (2-dr) with Navy Pier will be the ultimate unicorn and one that I would pay crazy ADM to own.
Agree, this one might end up being the one and only. Not much love for the Navy Pier according to most forum members. Lol
Ford Bronco What will be the rarest Color/Model Combo? b16fa6c3-3162-4906-a1bb-208b77447d68-jpe
Sponsored

BdubBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD SQUATCH
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess we'll agree to disagree. There is no mint in Fighter Jet Gray aka Cactus Gray. Flat gray will coordinate with either interior.
I was all in on CG after the reveal. Once I saw CG on a Ranger, I switched to A51 and haven’t looked back. The Ranger is definitely “mint” looking and belongs on a table at a wedding. Maybe different body lines make it look better on a Mach 1 and hopefully Bronco.

6FF1D0DF-8C31-4205-A840-0FDB2FDA7EB2.jpeg

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree, this one might end up being the one and only. Not much love for the Navy Pier according to most forum members. Lol
Ford Bronco What will be the rarest Color/Model Combo? 6FF1D0DF-8C31-4205-A840-0FDB2FDA7EB2
Loren Healy's debadged FE (spotted at KoH) is another. To me, the FE buyer has the disposable income that usually comes from combined peak-earning in their chosen career and age. Those same conditions likely mean that those same buyers will likely opt for a 4-dr over a 2-dr to accommodate a family lifestyle. Of course, there are exceptions (empty-nester or a successful young individual) that would opt for a 2-dr. And then as you said the preference for the black interior over the Navy Pier would make the 2-dr LB FE w/ NP the unicorn out of 7000 FEs.

OP
OP
ramblinwreck

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cyber orange outerbanks.

School bus yellow to me doesn't go with navy or roast in cloth or leather
I actually thought the Cyber Orange might look Ok with Navy Pier.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I must be in the minority. I don't mind the Badlands orangish-yellow accent color with rapid red as I grew up a Virginia Tech Hokie and Minnesota Golden Gopher fan. So that combo speaks to me.

Eventually I'd replace all the orange accents on it though. The stickers on the outside I'd remove and replace with the chrome Bronco script, which would look sharp on rapid red. Then the interior I'd eventually phase out everything with orange accents over time. I.e. Swap out the grab handles, either sharpie the stitching or eventually redo the seats with katzkin once they start looking used and abused, etc.

I'm firmly in the camp that believes you should get the exterior color you want for the above reasons. That said I'm likely going basemansquatch anyways. Base has one of the nicest looking interiors, should match well with any color.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want to turn this into YACGT. I saw it in person myself and took way too many pictures of a paint that I'm not getting. It is a circular argument to tell another what color they perceive. I just ask for those that are considering Cactus Gray to look at Fighter Jet Gray. The 2 share the exact paint code but different names.
This. This is one color you must see prior to ordering. A lot of room for disappointment with this paint color, whether you like it or don't.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sort of figured that LB would be by far the most popular FE color, thats why I did not list it.
popular or not, there is a max of 7000 units, that caps you at probably 10% of 2021 production right off the bat. Plus we haven't even got to the interior. Black or Vomit Blue were the choices I think... not sure if it changes the base interior color/dash.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

popular or not, there is a max of 7000 units, that caps you at probably 10% of 2021 production right off the bat. Plus we haven't even got to the interior. Black or Vomit Blue were the choices I think... not sure if it changes the base interior color/dash.
Agree, you won't see many LB - FE'S in the sea of my 21 Broncos. Black interior option comes with black leather seats and black dash.

2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 3.jpg

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What will be the rarest Color/Model Combo? 2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 3
I don't know, there will be more than a few who order it and wait for the mod top, just to have it absolutely loaded with the original 'unique until Ford changes their mind' interior and the hardtop it was touted as having. Black interior may not be as popular as you might think.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Agree, you won't see many LB - FE'S in the sea of my 21 Broncos. Black interior option comes with black leather seats and black dash.

2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 3.jpg
I would be curious after all the FEs are ordered what the breakdown is of those that chose Navy Pier over the Black. The black is really nice, but I'm in the minority that thinks the Navy Pier is garish. Early when the interior was rendered on B/P, the contrast was stark. But seeing the NP in photos is different than what was rendered. To me, the NP harkens back to my Limited Explorer's leather interior from the early 90's.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was all in on CG after the reveal. Once I saw CG on a Ranger, I switched to A51 and haven’t looked back. The Ranger is definitely “mint” looking and belongs on a table at a wedding. Maybe different body lines make it look better on a Mach 1 and hopefully Bronco.

Ford Bronco What will be the rarest Color/Model Combo? 2021 Bronco First Edition Black Leather 3
Same here, I was all over Cactus Gray like a Bee on honey. But after seeing it on a couple Bronco Sports my excitement deminished. I jumped ship and latched on to Lightning blue. Plus the fact my wife is getting a Cactus FE helped my decision, nothing worse in the morning than trying to figure out which Bronco is yours. LOL

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Using @Jason 1k take rate chart and considering only model, powertrain and color. Also a uniform MY21 build selection-
Looks like a Base 4 door-NonSas-2.7L -Shadow Black might be the one.
On the 60K MY21 maybe as low as 7 could be built. Were as a 2 door FE-Rapid Red could be 57.

Ford Bronco What will be the rarest Color/Model Combo? 1613653142815

Ford Bronco What will be the rarest Color/Model Combo? 1613653232150

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Using @Jason 1k take rate chart and considering only model, powertrain and color. Also a uniform MY21 build selection-
Looks like a Base 4 door-NonSas-2.7L -Shadow Black might be the one.
On the 60K MY21 maybe as low as 7 could be built. Were as a 2 door FE-Rapid Red could be 57.

1613653142815.png

View attachment 91132

View attachment 91129

1613653232150.png

View attachment 91137
I'm wondering how someone was able to order a Velocity Blue First Edition. Now that will truely be the one and only Unicorn. Lol. That 1 % person is either going to be real sad or real happy when they go to pickup their FE.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There is definitely green in the color in certain lights. I have seen it in person. If it were truly just flat gray, I would agree with you. I personally wish it had even more green in it, and then it would have been my color :).
You are correct. Hence the name cactus gray. I've seen it in person and definitely a minty green tint in certain lighting situations.