Sponsored

What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations?

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I added extra long front flaps (universal fit I made brackets for) to help keep the sides clean after I installed GoRhino power boards. Since they tuck up when closed, I lost the protection the factory step boards provided.

Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? 20240107_195109
Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? 20240105_112216
Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? 20231223_201524
Sponsored

beerbar

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I added extra long front flaps (universal fit I made brackets for) to help keep the sides clean after I installed GoRhino power boards. Since they tuck up when closed, I lost the protection the factory step boards provided.

Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? 20231223_201524

How do you like these so far? Looking for steps as well.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you like these so far? Looking for steps as well.
Absolutely love them, best mod yet. They have allowed my 84 yr old grandmother to get in the Bronco and go for a ride with me, that is priceless to me.

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really hate reviving this thread but here is a pic of Rekgen with factory running boards

Those Rekgen’s look really clean. Is that the standard length or extra long?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Toddo77

Heritage
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
We just purchased a 2023 Bronco Heritage (Sasquatch) and immediately knew we needed to add Mudflaps with these 35s and the splash up on doors & side of vehicle (as well as for those behind us on the road!)
Went with IAG I-Line and they went on with simplicity (besides having to source out slightly longer clips for two of the front holes — ones provided were slightly short -grabbed at local auto parts store)
Love the new look and added protection…

Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? IMG_2869

Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? IMG_2893

Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? IMG_2921

Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? IMG_2922

View attachment 612418

IMG_2923.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Singlecellamoeba

Heritage
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Probably irrelevant now but I deleted my factory step because it was indeed more problematic than functional. I put on gatorbacks and I love them...this shot was this morning after an hour bombing around the lake.

I'm so glad I made a second bowl of popcorn to continue reading this dumpster fire thread because I've been hesitant to purchase the Go Rhino power steps not knowing if they're compatible with the gatorbacks...no response from Go Rhino on this question after a couple emails I sent. BUT! @AKBronc49 posted their configuration with mods in this thread making it a both entertaining AND educational thread. Thank you internet!

20240303_110837.jpg

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As I said in my first post, " the running boards are mounted too high to serve the purpose of getting in or out of the vehicle ".

I was very aware of the dozens of options like running boards and mud flaps but that isn't what I was asking, as I clearly stated in my first post;
"I'm looking for a recommendation on mud flaps that would reduce the amount of mud painted on the side of the vehicle. Also, I would entertain power running boards that would swing down low enough to assist in getting in and out."

All I'm looking for are brand names that offer a solution and are quality parts. I can't tell that by looking at pictures. By asking the Bronco community, which likely has accumulated years of experience, what did I get, a bunch of crap from people with reading comprehension disabilities.

I thank all of you who provided useful information, product names, and links to products. Thank you very much. And the ones that acted as you know what, well, you know what you can do.

No one should be afraid to ask a question, especially in a forum dedicated to a product. Some of you have done a disservice to one of the purposes of a special interest forum. Shame on you.
So my bronco is on order but I live in a rural area like what you describe and have owned a variety of trucks and other vehicles through the years.

A couple of thoughts you might look into.

I plan to go with the rock rails and steps from Archetype, they appear to go a little lower than standard running boards and have holes to debris can move through easier. This is a big advantage for me as I live in an area that gets snow six months of the year.

Mud flaps are a must, there are a lot of different types but even the ones from Ford should improve the situation.

In spite of what others suggested avoid the power and automatic running boards. They may work well in the city but in rural areas or areas with lots of snow they get gummed up and the motors go bad. IMO they're just too much money for the benefit and the risk that they go bad.

Last but not least, I have a monthly subscription to an automatic car wash in town. When I go to town I go through to wash off the grime. By doing a subscription it's $20/mo and I don't worry how many times I go through it which in the winter time is 3 or 4 times per week.

Just a couple of thoughts, best of luck.
Sponsored