Sponsored

What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Stock poke too
Of course they poke when you turn but are they outside of the SAS wheel flares as standard? Never really noticed.
Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of course they poke when you turn but are they outside of the SAS wheel flares as standard? Never really noticed.
All Broncos have wheels outside the body (poke) - even with steel wheels and a -50 offset.
Regardless of the fender flares that are not necessairly designed to prevent debris from hitting the body. I believe the fender flares are in essence for looks and regulations.

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All Broncos have wheels outside the body (poke) - even with steel wheels and a -50 offset.
Regardless of the fender flares that are not necessairly designed to prevent debris from hitting the body. I believe the fender flares are in essence for looks and regulations.
Does I have poke?

Ford Bronco What You Learn After Signing... mud flaps and power running board recommendations? Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 1.01.59 PM

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did not know..thanks!

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wheels with a negative offset of more than -50 do not exist. You would need to build them.

Becasue Ford Bronco 16" stock wheels have a -50 offset, and still go out beyond the body - it is impossible to have your tires under the body.

Unless you build custom steelies.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
is your tire outside the BODY - looks like it
If there are laws in the country they say you can’t have tires poking out I would think the flares allowed Ford to get this passed. Top of the flare looks to cover entire tire.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If there are laws in the country they say you can’t have tires poking out I would think the flares allowed Ford to get this passed. Top of the flare looks to cover entire tire.
yes thats my point the flares are more for looks and regulations - as opposed to functionality

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, it was an awkwardly worded title, but man, it's a tough crowd in here. I didn't bother to read the full six pages as a theme was becoming apparent, but, for your stepping in and out needs you may want to have a look at RSE's slider steps. They act as a step and also stick out past the body by about 4" and offer protection from mud slinging as well as parking lot door dings. Not sure how they will work on a stock height Bronco but they are great on my lifted one. There are also some cheaper knock-off non-slider versions out there too if you look around.

Edit. I should add, that my tires poke about 1.5" beyond my squatch flares, I don't have any mud flaps, and my Bronco usually remains fairly clean after off-roading but I do avoid the mud when possible.

Last edited:

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For rock slider steps powered go with the rock sliders. I have them and love the,

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really hate reviving this thread but here is a pic of Rekgen with factory running boards

IMG_7684.jpeg

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me too. I have RSE and love them, but I'm looking for something for the front. I live down a long gravel road and we have had a lot of rain lately

20240210_173915.jpg

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We picked up our ‘24 Black Diamond today and drove straight home and put the Mabett front mud flaps on it. I have 35” tires and wheels ordered for it and these should provide enough coverage. In a couple years when I go to 37’s I will get the Rok Blox removable flaps. Link to the Mabett ones below.
https://a.co/d/aWSbnfE

663D71A8-DA29-43B7-A54C-34D857C45C8A.jpeg
Sponsored