Sponsored

What's everyone's dealer communication like after scheduling?

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My bronco was scheduled in January, put into production yesterday, and today my window sticker went up. Zero communication from my dealer or salesperson. Obviously I can reach out, but it would be nice to know they're on top of things too.

What has been your experience with dealer communication?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Level of dealer communication was adequate and as expected. They corresponded during the ordering phase(s) and then when the Bronco arrived at the dealership. Ford communicated the phases in-between (scheduled, date change, date change, another date change, date change again, in-production, built, shipped, etc) and I followed along using the tracker. Didn't really expect nor need my dealer to relay duplicate info. If I had a question along the way I reached out the my dealer and they got the answers I needed.

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It has been terrible. Every single time i ask about updates my dealer guy tells me he is not in the dealership, is with another customer, or some other excuse. He also recommended that i go with an 84 month loan through the dealer at a 8% APR. I really wish i could just work with ford directly instead of the dealership.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered Dec '21. Was in contact for a few days, as I changed the color and an option or 2. Then nothing until Sept '22 when my salesman called and told me I was scheduled for production. Then I got the e-mail later that day. I used the tracker after that, and no communication either way until it arrived Nov 10th and my salesman called to say it arrived. The tracker was still showing it hadn't shipped.

Sponsored

twryan3

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX; Tesla M3; BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I assume this is a rhetorical question as the answer to dealer communication is always "non-existent". "Black hole" is also acceptable.

mackoy21

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw e36
Your Bronco Model
Base
No communication with my dealer other than when i call. My bronco was put for production a couple weeks ago and i found out from ford but no call or text email from dealer.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Zero communication ever, from order to delivery.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a shame because my prior salesperson was extremely communicative and willing to talk forever if I let him. He left and the new guy I've been transferred to has been MIA.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero communication. I've had more communication from other dealers who I still have no idea how they got my information than my own dealer. I've also learned more than I ever learn from other dealers who post on this forum who I ask to lookup information for me. Now that my Bronco is literally on a train in route I'm trying to get information on my price protection. Here's my responses (spoiler alert: none). I was never notified of anything, from needing to place a new order, to build date, to built, to estimated delivery date. Everything I've learned was from this forum. This is a major PNW dealer also. The dealer model needs to die.

Ford Bronco What's everyone's dealer communication like after scheduling? 2023-03-29 13_54_19-192.168.4.98 - Remote Desktop Connectio

Sponsored
OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zero communication. I've had more communication from other dealers who I still have no idea how they got my information than my own dealer. I've also learned more than I ever learn from other dealers who post on this forum who I ask to lookup information for me. Now that my Bronco is literally on a train in route I'm trying to get information on my price protection. Here's my responses (spoiler alert: none). I was never notified of anything, from needing to place a new order, to build date, to built, to estimated delivery date. Everything I've learned was from this forum. This is a major PNW dealer also. The dealer model needs to die.
Same here. @Alpha1_Silverback was super helpful where my dealer was not. Dealer had no information regarding my price protection or private offer - they said I'd probably have to wait until closer to delivery. Clearly not true as Alpha was able to provide that information same day lol.

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zero on my scheduled order, and no problem with it TBH.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I question if the poor communication is “by design”, at least with some dealers. Probably hoping you don’t show and they can get as a dealer available rig …. Sad that this kind of thought even enters your mind but that’s the current world. Will be interesting if the vehicle market ever gets back to a more historical norm and then seeing service and customer experience being a critical part of their sales process. What goes around, comes around ….

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Shit. It's shit.
Sponsored