Sponsored

What's your distraction for the next year?

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since a lot of us are realizing we won't be driving a new Bronco for at least a year from now what are you planning to distract yourself with? I'm thinnking I might get into RC trucks for a while. They've really come a long way since I played with them in the 80/90s.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, hoping to place my order Friday, and then what? No more gnashing of teeth on this for a year or more (for me). I'm already FB clean now for almost three months!

So then what?

TyFighter515

Big Bend
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just ordered some new tires for my Explorer. Something a bit more aggressive than what it came with. Convenient with all the snow we just got! It’ll get me through this next year until my Bronco is sitting in its place.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, reliving my youth from the late 80s and early 90s, only with money this time, lol. I have a few RC scale crawler truck builds to keep me busy, and several retro BMX 26 and 29 Cruiser builds.

<- And there's always this rig to cater to, among others. Thinking of adding PS, better seats, etc...

Some unfinished project pics:

sDu2l8o89qtiEq6U1NTnOWZyo=w1192-h953-no?authuser=0.jpg

SL296Jlm8w3obuKvf_GhqmdQtc=w967-h953-no?authuser=0.jpg

pQwAAqj-pQpH9VUv6h3ZtHtdk=w1270-h953-no?authuser=0.jpg

Last edited:

TomD9807

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150 / 2016 Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since a lot of us are realizing we won't be driving a new Bronco for at least a year from now what are you planning to distract yourself with? I'm thinnking I might get into RC trucks for a while. They've really come a long way since I played with them in the 80/90s.
Tequila & My Pool!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
  1. Need to finish building the stretched quad so it can hold two pony kegs in the frame, plus decide how to chill those kegs plus a jockey box which doubles as a backrest or seat.

it currently runs just fine with all controls at the front and the engine/brakes in the rear. A fuel tank would be nice as well

Ford Bronco What's your distraction for the next year? stretched quad

2. Big setup change on the '51 Fleetline: Have a 32/36 dual carburetor setup including intake and exhaust manifolds, plus a modernized (1960's) crank ventilation, removal of the oil filter to raise compression and all new fuel & coolant lines.

They are tricky little setups to dial in quickly as the intake manifold has to be heated from the T-stat to keep the fuel hot, this can cause some intake velocity discrepancies between the carburetors depending on your intake manifold and choice of heating.

It has a 235 inline 6 with 3-on-the-tree... Ironically, that makes it drastically larger displacement than the 2.7 going in Bronco, so if size matters..... I win. :cool:

Ford Bronco What's your distraction for the next year? Langdon dual carb setu

3. Fabricating a custom floor-to-rafters shelving solution in the garage. At ~13' to the rafters, this will end up being a large structure. Just picked up some fancy new gear to replace ol' Sparky. (PS: none of my cars are registered where I live, so have fun if you're the type to try and track somebody down by plates)

Ford Bronco What's your distraction for the next year? New welder

MiamiDubai

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I plan on customizing my Can Am Ryker.
Going to put cold air intake, adjust the throttle mapping (pedal commander), maybe vinyl wrap it.

(I live in Miami, people can’t drive down here and the only way I feel halfway safe is on 3-wheels)
Ford Bronco What's your distraction for the next year? FD4D8F46-2F03-4EA1-B9AD-D2D4E042B9F2

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looking at a new 3-Series for GF and an old W124 Benz for myself to tinker with. Otherwise no major car investments planned until the Bronco arrives.

OP
OP
ATLBronco75

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, reliving my youth from the late 80s and early 90s, only with money this time, lol. I have a few RC scale crawler truck builds to keep me busy, and several retro BMX 26 and 29 Cruiser builds.

<- And there's always this rig to cater to, among others. Thinking of adding PS, better seats, etc...
Interesting I'm looking at Bashers and Monster trucks more than the crawlers. Eyeing an Arrma Granite right now.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The car market inventory for anything fun is so limited now. Prices are sky high on anything desirable.

my bronco build will be at least 18 months away from delivery.

If I was younger I would just wait and do nothing. At my age I don’t won’t to miss 18 months of enjoyment.

I expect when spring starts to roll on around I will just cave and buy my next bucket list car, knowing that I am likely buying at the peak of the market.

if real estate was not as hot I would invest there but is just as crazy.

decisions....

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting I'm looking at Bashers and Monster trucks more than the crawlers. Eyeing an Arrma Granite right now.
I updated my post with some pics. My plan is to have a matching FJ40, Toyota Pickup, and I have yet to start on the rebody of my TRX4 to 2021 Bronco. I also have a few nitro Losi LST2s I'll resurrect this summer.