Sponsored

What's your distraction for the next year?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What's your distraction for the next year? giphy - 2021-01-26T123149.632

Tequila & My Pool!
A pool filled with tequila? Nice.

1. Need to finish building the stretched quad so it can hold two pony kegs in the frame, plus decide how to chill those kegs plus a jockey box which doubles as a backrest or seat.

it currently runs just fine with all controls at the front and the engine/brakes in the rear. A fuel tank would be nice as well

stretched quad.jpg
Cheapest would be a livestock trough filled with ice, but a generator-powered converted chest freezer-kegerator would be cool too! I converted a large chest freezer into a 3-keg kegerator and lost the memory of many... many nights.

Edit:
I forgot to say what I'll be doing, but I'm sure my free time will be on this forum AKA my only social media.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the last year or so I have been riding electric mountain bikes which are so much fun. Pricey for a good one but worth it IMO. So I will keep doing that and still do an occasional ride on my Husqvarna FE501s dual sport bike. Also I keep myself entertained shopping for alternatives to the Bronco. So far the temptations have been Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro and Jeep Rubicon 4xe. At this point the Bronco still wins out despite the ridiculous wait time.

Now for the crazy story: Since summer 2016 I have had a fun 2017 Porsche 911 C2s sports car. Bought new. So much fun to drive and the handling is so good. Some time in October/Nov 2020 I went out to start it and got 5-6 warning messages and it would not start or even shift out of gear. Bricked in the garage. It got towed to the dealer and is out of warranty of course. Turns out it was rodent damage to the wiring. Initial repair estimate was around 10,000 bucks because the engine would have to be pulled to replace the engine wiring harness. So they pulled the engine and found that also the body wiring harness was damaged. That is a much bigger problem resulting in an additional 20,000 dollar cost to repair. Thank goodness comprehensive insurance with USAA covers it! So far 30,000 bucks total. Mostly labor. But wait, there's more! Turns out that Porsche in Stuttgart no long has that wiring harness in stock so they have to make one. Estimated delay is 6-12 months! Yikes! So that unfortunately is one thing I won't be doing while I wait for the Bronco. The 911 will be at the dealership until they repair it.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Need to finish building the stretched quad so it can hold two pony kegs in the frame, plus decide how to chill those kegs plus a jockey box which doubles as a backrest or seat.

it currently runs just fine with all controls at the front and the engine/brakes in the rear. A fuel tank would be nice as well

Ford Bronco What's your distraction for the next year? 1611682501422
Maybe consider sixtels (1/6) for more design room, over the ponys (1/4)?

I knew I should have kept the 90 I had laying around after my Nephew was done with it, lol

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get my butt in the shop and finish the welding on the 54 Chevy, get the inside lizard skin coated (floors, rear panel, firewall, roof) and painted, paint the frame, paint the body, mask off and do the lace pattern on the roof, reassemble, begin the next one.
As soon as I get off of these 13 hour a day/6 day a week work days at my FT job.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am going to distract myself with lots of marital love making.

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thinking of building a 7.62x39 10.5 inch barrel AR. Other than that, flogging my 470 whp GTI.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since a lot of us are realizing we won't be driving a new Bronco for at least a year from now what are you planning to distract yourself with? I'm thinnking I might get into RC trucks for a while. They've really come a long way since I played with them in the 80/90s.
Saving money to pay for it!!

Sponsored

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For the last year or so I have been riding electric mountain bikes which are so much fun. Pricey for a good one but worth it IMO. So I will keep doing that and still do an occasional ride on my Husqvarna FE501s dual sport bike. Also I keep myself entertained shopping for alternatives to the Bronco. So far the temptations have been Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro and Jeep Rubicon 4xe. At this point the Bronco still wins out despite the ridiculous wait time.

Now for the crazy story: Since summer 2016 I have had a fun 2017 Porsche 911 C2s sports car. Bought new. So much fun to drive and the handling is so good. Some time in October/Nov 2020 I went out to start it and got 5-6 warning messages and it would not start or even shift out of gear. Bricked in the garage. It got towed to the dealer and is out of warranty of course. Turns out it was rodent damage to the wiring. Initial repair estimate was around 10,000 bucks because the engine would have to be pulled to replace the engine wiring harness. So they pulled the engine and found that also the body wiring harness was damaged. That is a much bigger problem resulting in an additional 20,000 dollar cost to repair. Thank goodness comprehensive insurance with USAA covers it! So far 30,000 bucks total. Mostly labor. But wait, there's more! Turns out that Porsche in Stuttgart no long has that wiring harness in stock so they have to make one. Estimated delay is 6-12 months! Yikes! So that unfortunately is one thing I won't be doing while I wait for the Bronco. The 911 will be at the dealership until they repair it.
Wow that really stinks. Scary that Porsche doesn’t even have a wiring harness on hand. I was actually thinking of buying a GT3 or GT3 RS while I wait. Your story makes me hesitate a bit.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I picked up fly fishing.. I also would like to get more into Muay Thai and join a Row club. Beyond hobbies, we actually have a big year planned
  • Buying our first home this spring
  • Our [covid delayed] wedding day is late May. Honeymoon to st. Barts immediately after. It was supposed to be May 2020!
  • We dropped a deposit on a puppy from a future litter from a reputable GSP breeder. Very excited for our first family dog. He or she will be ready to take home around October
I'd love to end the year with a new Bronco but that may not happen

Plenty of new experiences to look forward to otherwise. Optimistic for the future

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that really stinks. Scary that Porsche doesn’t even have a wiring harness on hand. I was actually thinking of buying a GT3 or GT3 RS while I wait. Your story makes me hesitate a bit.
The cars are fantastic. I think the delay is due to the pandemic and also the fact that body wiring harnesses are almost never a replacement part. So by all means get a GT3 but just fill your garage with rodent deterrents!!!!

Reactions: MJJ

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I picked up fly fishing.. I also would like to get more into Muay Thai and join a Row club. Beyond hobbies, we actually have a big year planned
  • Buying our first home this spring
  • Our [covid delayed] wedding day is late May. Honeymoon to st. Barts immediately after. It was supposed to be May 2020!
  • We dropped a deposit on a puppy from a future litter from a reputable GSP breeder. Very excited for our first family dog. He or she will be ready to take home around October
I'd love to end the year with a new Bronco but that may not happen

Plenty of new experiences to look forward to otherwise. Optimistic for the future
Looks like your plate is pretty full with exciting things! Enjoy!
Sponsored