First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an OBX 2.7L 3.73 gear ratio. I do mostly road driving with very light off roading for camping. I plan to install the ford performance tuner and ford performance 2” lift kit before I swap wheels and tires. Will I have any issues to be aware of swapping my 32” OBX wheels to some SAS or WT take offs? Will this effect me at highway speeds (75-80 mph) with the extra 45hp and 30 lbs of torque from the tuner? Are there any long term suspension issues I should worry about and other things I need to plan for on the swap? Will putting SAS or WT take offs void my warranty since the lift kit is covered by ford?

Edit : would the extra 20 lbs per wheel and tire stress anything too much if I have a roof tent as well?
Sponsored

Last edited:

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With the 3.73 I honestly would go with 33’s rather than 35’s. Is it doable, yes but a C rated 33 (285/70/17) would ride a bit better, be nicer to your mpg, fit on the tire carrier with no modifications. That is the stock size on the Badlands. Also they actually fit without a lift with the correct offset. That being said, I love the look of 35’s too 😂

It won’t be too bad on the highway. You will lose some pep but your not racing anyway. No long term effect on suspension, but gearing could be an issue way down the road if you go with a heavy E rated tire as it will stress the gearing over time.

I thought with the 2.7 gearing was upgraded to 4.46?

This is the Wife’s 2.3 OBX 3.73, 1” Level, 33’s with 17x8 +18 Outlaws. Setup fits without removing the crash bars.
Ford Bronco Wheel and Tire Swap Question for OBX 2.7L 3.73 Gear Ratio B2434CF7-30E9-46F3-B908-3BAE94B0AA4C

OP
OP
Tteape0

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the info but it didn’t really answer my question too much. I thought stock SAS wheels and tires were pretty light weight (only 20lbs more per wheel and tire than outer banks stock). I would stick with the ford stock tires so I don’t think weight will be an issue, unless I am misinformed about SAS wheel and tires weight.
I’m also not worried about lose of pep and power as the ford tuner adds 45 hp and 30 lbs of torque with a better gear shift patterns.

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an OBX 2.7L 3.73 gear ratio. I do mostly road driving with very light off roading for camping. I plan to install the ford performance tuner and ford performance 2” lift kit before I swap wheels and tires. Will I have any issues to be aware of swapping my 32” OBX wheels to some SAS or WT take offs? Will this effect me at highway speeds (75-80 mph) with the extra 45hp and 30 lbs of torque from the tuner? Are there any long term suspension issues I should worry about and other things I need to plan for on the swap? Will putting SAS or WT take offs void my warranty since the lift kit is covered by ford?

Edit : would the extra 20 lbs per wheel and tire stress anything too much if I have a roof tent as well?
You'll be perfectly fine. They fit and look great. Good luck!

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something to consider is that those torque and hp figures are at RPMs that you’ll seldom reach in everyday driving. Especially with the 3.73 gears.
Just saying that the Ford Performance tune is not a fix(or even much of a help)for on “over-tired” situation.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tteape0

Tteape0

Outer Banks
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Something to consider is that those torque and hp figures are at RPMs that you’ll seldom reach in everyday driving. Especially with the 3.73 gears.
Just saying that the Ford Performance add is not a fix(or even much of a help)for on “over-tired” situation.
Do you think it’ll be “overtired” with the extra 100 lbs difference from the wheels? Any way to prevent this beside regearing?

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you stay with no larger than 33”s I don’t believe weight will matter a whole lot. Most 285 70 17s won’t be much heavier than your stock tires and they‘ll look great. Most have actual diameters of 32.8”.
The 3.73 ratio axles a really a good all-around axle ratio.
Just don’t get crazy with tire size and weights.
I‘ve seen the 285s do everything the 315s will do off-road…..literally

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A tune doesn't magically cancel out being undergeared. It's only going to help when you're accelerating. The quoted gains are only at full throttle and are peak numbers. That being said, if you just had to do it, sasquatch takeoffs is the way to go since they are a light tire for being a 315/70 size.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the 3.73 I honestly would go with 33’s rather than 35’s. Is it doable, yes but a C rated 33 (285/70/17) would ride a bit better, be nicer to your mpg, fit on the tire carrier with no modifications. That is the stock size on the Badlands. Also they actually fit without a lift with the correct offset. That being said, I love the look of 35’s too 😂

It won’t be too bad on the highway. You will lose some pep but your not racing anyway. No long term effect on suspension, but gearing could be an issue way down the road if you go with a heavy E rated tire as it will stress the gearing over time.

This is the Wife’s 2.3 OBX 3.73, 1” Level, 33’s with 17x8 +18 Outlaws. Setup fits without removing the crash bars.
Ford Bronco Wheel and Tire Swap Question for OBX 2.7L 3.73 Gear Ratio B2434CF7-30E9-46F3-B908-3BAE94B0AA4C
Good advice, don’t get hung up on having 35’s. Sure you could make it work, but the 33’s will make your live easier and look damn good too.

Sponsored

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

@derichio02 did you see any hit to mpg or performance I'm looking at a very similar set up inwheel/tire weight

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@derichio02 did you see any hit to mpg or performance I'm looking at a very similar set up inwheel/tire weight
Lost about 1-2mpg initially but got better once after break in of 2k miles. Make sure your tires are Load C rated the tire store tried to vive me Load E initially in the exact same size.
Sponsored