dburke1203

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys! I just got my Bronco (non sas) and the first thing I did was throw some 35 inch Kenda Klever R/T tires on there. My mechanic that did the install threw bag weights in them to balance them. I've noticed that when I get up about 60-70 mph, there is some shaking that happens like they are out of balance just a little bit. Nothing that is terrible or unbearable, but I notice it. Does anyone have any insight as to if maybe it is just because of the type of tire I put on there? I would expect that out of a true Mud Terrain tire, but not so much a hybrid. If it is the tire, it is what it is, but if it's a balancing issue I'd love to get it fixed.
Sponsored

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a possible balancing issue. I would ask them to recheck them. I'm running the same tires on my Badlands and don't have any issues. Had them on for about 6000 miles. I know mine took a good amount of weights to balance.

IMG_20220119_120114.jpg

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys! I just got my Bronco (non sas) and the first thing I did was throw some 35 inch Kenda Klever R/T tires on there. My mechanic that did the install threw bag weights in them to balance them. I've noticed that when I get up about 60-70 mph, there is some shaking that happens like they are out of balance just a little bit. Nothing that is terrible or unbearable, but I notice it. Does anyone have any insight as to if maybe it is just because of the type of tire I put on there? I would expect that out of a true Mud Terrain tire, but not so much a hybrid. If it is the tire, it is what it is, but if it's a balancing issue I'd love to get it fixed.
Find a shop with a Hunter Road Force Elite Wheel Balancer, and get the tires rebalanced there.

Snowboarder777

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ive noticed my 1st edition bronco has high speed vibration. Subtle shake and vibration in the steering wheel and seats. I have done road force balance on all of my other cars so will get this checked out. I got the car few weeks ago.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ive noticed my 1st edition bronco has high speed vibration. Subtle shake and vibration in the steering wheel and seats. I have done road force balance on all of my other cars so will get this checked out. I got the car few weeks ago.
Hello there! I would like to see what I can do to help get this steering wheel vibration concern sorted out. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so I can start looking into this for you?

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello there! I would like to see what I can do to help get this steering wheel vibration concern sorted out. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so I can start looking into this for you?
You should definitely PM them so they can’t respond.

Pootypoot

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve heard from some people some tires are practically impossible to balance in larger sizes. I don’t know if that’s what’s going on here but I’d do a little research.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue and road force balancing revealed a huge imbalance. Likely because I sat at Dirt Mtn forever. At 1200 miles I took it in. The first 3 we're 50+ lbs. The 4th was only 18lbs so I kept it. Warranty replacement of 3 of 4 wheels. Unfortunately, even with the new shoes and road force balancing the best they could get to was about 35lbs. Is there still a wobble? Yes there is (in 40mph increments now, before it was closer to 30mph harmonics). At 40mph it's only sometimes perceivable. At 80, it's pronounced. But I'm not going 80 very often and road force balancers only simulate up to 60mph. I'm resigned to the fact that it's part of rolling on 35's unless someone tells me otherwise.

Snowboarder777

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Those are extremely high road force numbers! For my german cars I always have them road force below 10 lbs for smooth highway ride. The road force machine doesnt need to go that fast to detect the high and low spot of the tire so it doesn't matter what speed you drive at, there should be no speed related vibration at any speed zone unless you are really pushing the max speed of those tires. For the Ford Bronco I presume that 15-18 lbs is the upper limits of normal for good tires that are not out of round.

Sponsored

Fordcountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2022 Badlands 4 door with stock grabbers and I am having the same issue. The vibration starts at around 35mph and gets worse with the higher speeds. Took it in into the dealer and they don't think it is tires and want to set an appointment. With higher speed I get a harmonic thundering noise also. Only have 3000 miles on it.

mj63

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the same issue and road force balancing revealed a huge imbalance. Likely because I sat at Dirt Mtn forever. At 1200 miles I took it in. The first 3 we're 50+ lbs. The 4th was only 18lbs so I kept it. Warranty replacement of 3 of 4 wheels. Unfortunately, even with the new shoes and road force balancing the best they could get to was about 35lbs. Is there still a wobble? Yes there is (in 40mph increments now, before it was closer to 30mph harmonics). At 40mph it's only sometimes perceivable. At 80, it's pronounced. But I'm not going 80 very often and road force balancers only simulate up to 60mph. I'm resigned to the fact that it's part of rolling on 35's unless someone tells me otherwise.
For tires that are not delivered to an OEM assembly plant, the R1H can be quite high (basically how hard the hard spot on the tire is - there are also second, third, fourth, etc. harmonics, and their locations often correlate with where layers within the tire overlap)... so even if the original tires were replaced, the replacements might end up being worse/not much better than the original tires for Road Force Balancing. Basically, the OEM assembly plants get the best tires, then large retailers (tirerack, etc.) then smaller distributors when it comes to R1H measurements.

However, when vehicles sit (dirt/ice mountain or in different times dealership lots) the tires will develop flat spotting. That flat spotting can be short-term flat spotting (i.e. once you drive on the tires for 10-50 miles with them at operating temperature the R1H decreases) or long-term flat spotting (permanently degraded R1H). Usually, each tire that has sat in one place for an extended period of time will experience some measure of both short and long term flat spotting, but how much of that is long term will depend on tire construction details (mostly belt materials) and (personal theory here) temperature when parked/temperature history while parked.

jorgem31

Outer Banks
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't forget wheel balance and alignment are covered under warranty for first year or 12,000 miles.

Fordcountry

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the tires balanced and the shop said there is excessive run out on the wheels. When you road force balance will it correct any imperfection in the wheel? Or is it when you road force balance that's how they verify the imbalance.

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

You need hub centric rings installed. These are very cheap.

They fill the void between the hub on your axle (whatever it's called) and the inside of your wheels. Stock wheels fit snug to this, aftermarket do not. When I received my wheels from Custom Offsets they included some with my order.

My truck had the same issue, installed these and boom lola's gone.

Try it!
Sponsored