First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (4 door)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi. I have an Outer Banks (4dr) with the sasquatch package and am looking at installing wheel spacers. I am not familiar with this. Pros? Cons? What do I purchase? Where to purchase from? Who can install it? How many inches out can I go? Etc. Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of wheel spacer threads on here with before and after pics. Most people run 1" or 1.25" I wouldn't run greater than 1.5". If you can change a tire you can install a wheel spacer.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with @BlueBronco, if you can change a tire you can add a wheel spacer.

How far out you go is up to you. The only real concern is if your state has vehicle inspections. In some states it is illegal to have the tire stick out beyond the fender, so if your wheel spacer is too wide you may fail an inspection. But if you don’t have inspections or your state is pretty lax on the rules, then whatever you want to do.

Usually the wider the vehicle is the more stability it will have. BUT, there is some compromises with that. If your tire is sticking out way behind the fender it’s probably going to throw rocks at your paint. And if you are out on the trail and need to squeeze through tight spots, having a wide vehicle may not be an advantage.

Personally I wouldn’t go beyond 1-inch. But that’s just my personal preference.

OP
OP
Maanameg

Maanameg

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (4 door)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Plenty of wheel spacer threads on here with before and after pics. Most people run 1" or 1.25" I wouldn't run greater than 1.5". If you can change a tire you can install a wheel spacer.
Thank you!!

OP
OP
Maanameg

Maanameg

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (4 door)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with @BlueBronco, if you can change a tire you can add a wheel spacer.

How far out you go is up to you. The only real concern is if your state has vehicle inspections. In some states it is illegal to have the tire stick out beyond the fender, so if your wheel spacer is too wide you may fail an inspection. But if you don’t have inspections or your state is pretty lax on the rules, then whatever you want to do.

Usually the wider the vehicle is the more stability it will have. BUT, there is some compromises with that. If your tire is sticking out way behind the fender it’s probably going to throw rocks at your paint. And if you are out on the trail and need to squeeze through tight spots, having a wide vehicle may not be an advantage.

Personally I wouldn’t go beyond 1-inch. But that’s just my personal preference.
Thank you very much!

Sponsored

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had 1.25” spidertrax on my 2 door JK with 39x13.5 tires. My suggestions are make sure you go with a good brand like spidertrax. Use loctite and torque to specs. Check after a few hundred miles and you should be good to go. Plenty of horror stories out there on the Offroad forums about people doing too wide, using cheap spacers, not torquing down etc. But most of all DON’T CHEAP OUT when it comes to wheel spacers. It’s not worth saving a couple bucks with some random Amazon brand.

OP
OP
Maanameg

Maanameg

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (4 door)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had 1.25” spidertrax on my 2 door JK with 39x13.5 tires. My suggestions are make sure you go with a good brand like spidertrax. Use loctite and torque to specs. Check after a few hundred miles and you should be good to go. Plenty of horror stories out there on the Offroad forums about people doing too wide, using cheap spacers, not torquing down etc. But most of all DON’T CHEAP OUT when it comes to wheel spacers. It’s not worth saving a couple bucks with some random Amazon brand.
Note taken! I always say 'you get what you pay for!' Thanks!

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi. I have an Outer Banks (4dr) with the sasquatch package and am looking at installing wheel spacers. I am not familiar with this. Pros? Cons? What do I purchase? Where to purchase from? Who can install it? How many inches out can I go? Etc. Thanks in advance!!
BORA is very good too. I just ordered a set of 1.25” BORA spacers for my sasquatch. That is essentially turning the sasquatch wheels to a +3 offset measurement wise (1.25” is 31.75mm)

Ordered them right from here:
https://www.motorsport-tech.com/

I just put 37’s on (2” perch collar lift on the way but I am bone stock right now but no rub…..only street driving until I get the lift) and need a little width, but I like my factory wheels so this was the best bet for me.

No cons if you buy the right quality stuff!! Good luck!!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 1.4" borne offroad spacers on my BL sas. Very nice pieces. Tread lines up perfectly w/the flares. I plan on going to 37s as soon as they come off backorder, so I need a little spacing to maintain turning radius. W/the 35s doesn't look bad tho. I have 2.5" on my jeep xj. Have wheeled that one pretty hard over the years and had no problems.

20220821_172245.jpg

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just ordered Bora. 30mm so my offset would be 0. Supposedly this would be idea if I ever went to 37s.

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd look around forums. A small wheel spacer should be fine but I have heard of really bad side effects when doing it.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What offset are you going to go with to keep a good scrub radius?
I bought a BD and installed 35-10.50R17 tire on the stock steel wheels. I then purchased 1.25" Bora Spacers and have a positive offset of 23.25, which is a quarter inch less positive than a SAS model.

From stock, as you go bigger in tire size, you need to push the center of the contact patch out further.

Ford Bronco Wheel spacers 20220425_152020

Last edited:

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought a BD and installed 35-10.50R17 tire on the stock steel wheels. I then purchased 1.25" Bora Spacers and have a positive offset of 23.25, which is a quarter inch more positive than a SAS model.

From stock, as you go bigger in tire size, you need to push the center of the contact patch out further.
SAS has a positive offset of 30mm I believe. I bought 30mm Bora spacers so I’ll be down to a 0 offset.
Sponsored