Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. I am about settled on those two options. Now the 35's worry me a little. I want them but am worried about steering feedback from hitting rocks and that makes the steering wheel jerk. Got any input on that?
My BL has 33s, everything I drove at Off Roadeo had 35s. The Good Years are soft and really light (2 ply side wall). They aren’t as noticeable as what I was expecting driving dynamics wise. The instructor I talked to at Off Roadeo explained the Good Year was willing to spec a custom Bronco tire and BF Goodrich was not, so GY got the SQ business. I also drove a BB SQ with 35s on the road here in MI and found them to be perfectly acceptable in my 20 mile road loop. Both have step in I could live with without running boards as well. For me, the daily driving with 33s being a more balanced size and never having a good experience with Good Year, lead to my decision. Frankly, it’s a beast off road with either tire, with the biggest difference being 1” off ground clearance, which in the rocks and deep mud matters, but in the sand and snow here in MI, it wasn’t enough to make the upgrade. I don’t know this for sure, but based on Off Roadeo and the comments from the instructors, they may not wear well either (trade grip and weight for durability?).
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks. I am about settled on those two options. Now the 35's worry me a little. I want them but am worried about steering feedback from hitting rocks and that makes the steering wheel jerk. Got any input on that?
35's steer fine, no kickback due to the IFS. I actually drove a wild track and sure doesn't handle like my small Mazda. But it wasn't hard to drive at all. Kind of felt like I was driving an F-150 or something.

Now with that bigger tire things will be a bit more squishy and say turns and such. So if you're concerned about something handling well then you need to stick with the smaller tires. But if you're just worried about the tires being too big to be hard to drive, then no not at all.

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It also works when in reverse - shows the back tires
What? Really? This doesn't make sense to me. The cameras are in the side mirrors and the mirrors are on the front cowl and practically sit above the front tires. There's no way you can get the same camera angle for the rear tires, especially on the longer wheelbase 4DR.

I'm pretty sure the camera angles are fixed and you're still seeing the front tires but you're in reverse rather than drive.

Can someone with a Bronco and this package show this?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, the cameras on the high package are too 2 dimensional for me.

My wife enjoyed watching the TV as I drove it but the lack of depth perception had me checking 'real life to the point I stopped using it.

Next day, at the off roadeo, I chose a base to drive and loved it.

Just an aside, the 33s on the BL I drove day 1 were plenty for the tracks level (I rate the trail a 5/6 on a scale of 10 for difficulty) and I highly doubt I'll be looking for trails much more than that.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What? Really? This doesn't make sense to me. The cameras are in the side mirrors and the mirrors are on the front cowl and practically sit above the front tires. There's no way you can get the same camera angle for the rear tires, especially on the longer wheelbase 4DR.

I'm pretty sure the camera angles are fixed and you're still seeing the front tires but you're in reverse rather than drive.

That was my understanding as well. There's a reverse camera in the middle of the spare tire but I don't believe there's one focused on the rear tires.

Sponsored

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I believe there are two cameras under each mirror..it was demod on one of the ride alongs in Johnson valley or Moab, wouldn't be able to find the video at this point but yes it works front and rear.