First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm new to the forum as this is my first post and I thought I read that the 8th was the last day to make modifications to your original order. Is this correct or do we still have time? I ordered the black 2.7 Wildtrak sasquatch lux and I was debating on changing it to the Badlands 2.7 sasquatch lux package because of the interior alone. I do feel like the sandstone is the second best option interior wise so I won't be hurt regardless. Thanks
Sponsored

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Contact your dealer. My understanding is that you can change the order until a VIN has been assigned. We have no visibility as to when the VIN is generated, but sooner than later.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depends upon your reservation date and whether you opted to wait until MY22.

If you are attempting to get a MY21, then it is believed that the barn door is closed on changes. But talk to your dealer and ask if they can make a change to your order.

If you will be a MY22 Bronco, then you will have an opportunity to make changes to your build, once the MY22 options are finalized by Ford.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Change all you want up until a VIN is issued. (if your dealer doesn't get tired of changing stuff for you). If you make a change, my understanding is that you are removed from consideration for the next quarter of production as they have to reshuffle.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealership told me April 8 was the last day for changes to my MY21 order.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Change all you want up until a VIN is issued. (if your dealer doesn't get tired of changing stuff for you). If you make a change, my understanding is that you are removed from consideration for the next quarter of production as they have to reshuffle.
Where did you get that information from? Never saw or heard that if you make a change you get moved to the next quarter. But let me guess, your dealer told you that 🙄

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends upon your reservation date and whether you opted to wait until MY22.

If you are attempting to get a MY21, then it is believed that the barn door is closed on changes. But talk to your dealer and ask if they can make a change to your order.

If you will be a MY22 Bronco, then you will have an opportunity to make changes to your build, once the MY22 options are finalized by Ford.
That would be wrong. You can make changes up until you have a VIN. Making a change now will have no result in ‘MY unless you choose something that is not available or is a late availability.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like any other ordered vehicle from Ford, you can change or modify the order up until the VIN is assigned, which is typically a few weeks before the parts start getting bolted together.

Dealers will see a "preview" of what orders will be getting a VIN assigned a couple weeks before that, so if your dealer is on their toes and communicative, they should theoretically be able to tell you that your VIN will be assigned soon.

(So, depending on your time stamp, this may be a small window, or a large window.)

The April 8th deadline was for people who had options selected that were bumped to MY22 to modify their order away from those items and be considered for a MY21 build.

Not sure how changing your order might impact your scheduling (like whether it would reset you to the next chunk of scheduling). I have not heard anything in that regard.

There was a previous deadline in March to convert your reservation to an order if you wanted to be considered for the first quarter of MY21 production (and receive your delivery estimate in May).

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership told me April 8 was the last day for changes to my MY21 order.
This is incorrect.

That was the deadline to deselect options that have been pushed to MY22 if you still wanted to be considered for a MY21.

What they may have meant was starting April 8th, Ford was going to start scheduling, so you risk running out of time to make changes if you wait until after that date.

malt_liqueur

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has there been any real indication of when this will happen yet?

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would be helpful if the Houston Rockets fan that started this thread returned and gave everyone a bit more clarifying info. so all of us helpful people could do just that. :)

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
You well get answers all over the board. Talk to your dealership hope for the best. Hopefully the general manager at your dealership will be helpful just start at the top and work your way down if you have to good luck.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only note I know for sure is if you're in a '22 you essentially get a do-over when the new build and price comes out. Anyone in a '22 isn't locked into anything.