Sponsored

When placing a "New" order at another dealership are you letting the proverbial Cat out of the Bag?

argrin

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Tacoma TRD Offroad, KTM 690 E, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree 100 %. All these 2nd orders are doing here is screwing others by not canceling the original order, and holding up orders for those of us that don't play this game.
I understand, but I was told on my first order, based on my place in line, that it would be 2024 before I might get it. Moving to a local dealer with MSRP, I got scheduled less than 3 weeks after making my second order. I will eventually cancel my first order after I take delivery of my second order and find that my engine compromise is satisfactory. I don't think my 2024 build is blocking anyone from getting theirs. My original dealer is offering any reservation/orders that are unclaimed to others that are waiting and canceling their order if they take it.
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it’s worth, I called a larger volume dealership in my area. The sales manager told me to just keep my order with my current dealer because they had a big back log of orders that haven’t been pulled yet by Ford. I would go to the back of the line for my 2 door order with a year wait or longer according to the Sales manager there.

So I’m just gonna keep my current order, since I am already invested in time this far.

OP
OP
Tammeriffic

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure they're looking to see if they can make you a fairly quick sale, instead of being like those of us who want 2Dr Broncos.

I've been striking out so far, as far as trying to place another order or two goes.
They either aren't accepting out of state walk-ins, don't want to deal with an out of state person, would rather I order a 4 Dr specifically optioned to get it faster, insist on a market adjustment won't sell for MSRP, or just flat out won't talk to me.

It's frustrating, so I'm taking a break from attempting it and will probably end up searching for abandoned orders without ADM.
If those will even exist.
I have been looking locally, or within an hour or so of my house. Nothing out of state, just asking around. One of them has 9 on the lot ready for sale, most Big Bend, but one Badlands mannequin. He was more than ready to sell me one today. of course with mark-up in the "high single digits" as he told me so assuming up to $9,000. I spoke with three today and all said MSRP. Just not sure I want to spread $500 here and there all around town just playing the lottery.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I understand, but I was told on my first order, based on my place in line, that it would be 2024 before I might get it. Moving to a local dealer with MSRP, I got scheduled less than 3 weeks after making my second order. I will eventually cancel my first order after I take delivery of my second order and find that my engine compromise is satisfactory. I don't think my 2024 build is blocking anyone from getting theirs. My original dealer is offering any reservation/orders that are unclaimed to others that are waiting and canceling their order if they take it.
And when many cancel - it is with the dealer who then changes the order to a soft top big bend and gets scheduled ahead of other actual reservation orders.

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree 100 %. All these 2nd orders are doing here is screwing others by not canceling the original order, and holding up orders for those of us that don't play this game.
if someone cancels thier original order, the dealer will probably just keep it. So it probably has no effect on anyone else in line.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i now also have a third but this guy wants $500 down
Lot's of folks previously bragging about zero $ down orders are crying in their beers over $10k surprise ADM's.

It's my understanding that an exchange of currency along with the signed pricing agreement goes a VERY long way to legally cementing a deal once a price has been negotiated.

I was more than happy to give another $400 down DIRECTLY to the people that have the final say in negotiating the price after we had agreed on pricing. The down payment was shown on the signed pricing agreement.

I just don't see that $100 res fee as being worth a bucket of warm spit, and thus far with all the surprise ADM's, that has been proven correct.

All that time waiting was worth the piece of mind the $400 down bought me.

I guess the other important thing is finding a dealer with integrity, which seriously cuts the risk. But with empty lots for the last year and a half, many of them are starving ....

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have been looking locally, or within an hour or so of my house. Nothing out of state, just asking around. One of them has 9 on the lot ready for sale, most Big Bend, but one Badlands mannequin. He was more than ready to sell me one today. of course with mark-up in the "high single digits" as he told me so assuming up to $9,000. I spoke with three today and all said MSRP. Just not sure I want to spread $500 here and there all around town just playing the lottery.
Locally for me is a no go. It's a small dealer with small allocation and more orders than allocation. I'm sure if I went towards Seattle side of the state, I could find one that does msrp, but most, if not all that do that, have more orders than allocation.

The only reason I've been considering attempting a new order or two is because of commodities and the fact I want a 2Dr and my time frame at Granger is late '23 at best.

The only 4Dr I'd even consider is the Bronco Raptor, but I'd have a better chance of being struck by lightning than getting a golden ticket from Ford.

Plus, we don't know how they'll allocate it and if they do it by where our current order is at, I'm s.o.l.
If they go local, then I'm s.o.l again because of the mark-up the local plans to put on any B-Raptors they get.
Sponsored