Sponsored

Where can I tap inside the cabin for 12v power?

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello all,

Just got this BrandMotion RV rear back up/rear view wireless camera with a 7” display monitor. Problem is the monitor needs a 12v feed to power on and has a cigarette port plug for power. Not gonna work. Only 12v in the Bronco is in the cargo area and the supplied cable is not long enough. I tried splicing some wires to a USB cable, but it seems the USB ports in the Bronco just don’t put out enough juice.

Anyone knows where I can tap into maybe around the interior fuse box area to power this display monitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Angel
Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Pony

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: Attached image shows the type of power connection for the monitor. I would need to somehow connect just those two exposed wires.

IMG_1260.jpeg

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,

Just got this BrandMotion RV rear back up/rear view wireless camera with a 7” display monitor. Problem is the monitor needs a 12v feed to power on and has a cigarette port plug for power. Not gonna work. Only 12v in the Bronco is in the cargo area and the supplied cable is not long enough. I tried splicing some wires to a USB cable, but it seems the USB ports in the Bronco just don’t put out enough juice.

Anyone knows where I can tap into maybe around the interior fuse box area to power this display monitor? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Angel
Did you try the 12v socket in the center cubby?

OP
OP
Big Pony

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you try the 12v socket in the center cubby?
Hahahaha you just saved me a ton of grief lol. I hadn’t noticed there was one there. I have the console vault and thought it blocked any ports in there. Appreciate the enlightenment lol

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I mounted my radio under the center console and tapped into the 12 volt wire that feeds that plug. It is a thick green wire.

But of course those plugs only stay powered for 30 to 45 minutes after you shut the Bronco off.

Otherwise there are always piggyback fuses And there are several that have been mentioned that either have 12 volts all the time or 12 volts when the vehicles on.

OP
OP
Big Pony

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I mounted my radio under the center console and tapped into the 12 volt wire that feeds that plug. It is a thick green wire.

But of course those plugs only stay powered for 30 to 45 minutes after you shut the Bronco off.

Otherwise there are always piggyback fuses And there are several that have been mentioned that either have 12 volts all the time or 12 volts when the vehicles on.
Good to know! I might have to do that eventually. Appreciate the feedback!
Sponsored