Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seeing any of the colors on anything other than the actual bronco is quite deceiving, IMO. Especially on a 2dr... I was all in on the Shadow Black, which is still awesome, but I’ve changed to Velocity Blue after seeing them in person. The colors on other vehicles just seem like TOO much of the color, but with the dark tops and flares and all, the colors just pop. Granted, I’m not much of a style guy, so my opinion is probably of no value... but it’s what I’ve got. We rode in a cactus grey, and pictures don’t do it justice.
Sponsored

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The regular Black Diamond looks awesome. I’ve thought about dropping down from Sasquatch BD, save the $4200, keep the mid package and upgrade to the 2.7. I love the look of the black steelies. I just know I’d regret it as soon as I saw a squatch in the wild and have tire envy. Plus, can’t beat those space age Bilsteins everyone is raving about. If only we had reviews on driving the non-squatch models.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ill check it out. It’s not like I’m not aware of who Sammy Hagar is, just haven’t heard any songs in my life that made me dive deeper.
He's certainly no Bob Dylan. :D

I'm not a huge Sammy fan (although some of his Van Halen stuff is pretty good), but Standing Hampton has a few classic rock hits. No need to dive deeper.

Anyway, I was just joking on the "mental masturbation" thing. It's the only place I've heard that term.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The heart wants what the heart wants. If you want the Cactus Grey you'll never be completely happy with your Bronco in any other color. We settled on Area 51, and I really don't care is every other Bronco in town is the same. The heart wants what the heart wants. :)

Good luck on your decision. Picking a color was almost painful for me. The wife took the pain away when she told me which color she liked best. And she even changed her mind once. :cool:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

While I think CG is about as interesting as you can get for a gray -it is a gray and thus not so interesting. AMB is very interesting because it goes from black to varying shades of blue. It'll take some polishing, but you will always have beauty over bland.

Sponsored

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CG might look a bit better with the MIC top. Hard for sure without seeing in person but I am sticking with Area 51 b/c I think that color looks the best with MIC. I would like to see what AMB looks like with matching color top or black.

OP
OP
Lord Bronco

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm still loyal to AMB, your one-way ticket to midnight. Just mental masturbation while I wait.

Ready to get in the driver's seat of that heavy metal. So many contacts being made. Headbangers in MGV.

Though, I'm sure Sammy would go with Race Red. I saw him and this band three times, one of which I got to stand right behind the drummer.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VELOCITY BLUE BD!!! = BLACK AND BLUE!

kencantrell

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry SE V6; Ford F250 crew cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome to the non-Sas BD club! I find it interesting that we’ve seen no videos of this particular build. I’m thinking it’s very capable, but Ford Is pushing everyone toward the $$Sasquatch. I switched to Cactus Gray after starting with iconic silver. Some may find both boring, but both are terrific in person.

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just switched order to 4-door Black Diamond non-SAS with the black steelies, standard package, Antimatter Blue. Thrilled shitless. Love the stance. Love the wheels and the Grabbers.

However when I see pics of the same build in Cactus Grey, I think that’s the perfect color with the black steelies. Also probably more practical in that it won’t show dirt and scratches like AB. I love the contrast, but I stuck with AB because I want a less popular color and figure I’ll see a lot of CG Broncos around town. At some point.

Thoughts? Mental masturbation, but maybe someone can talk me down.

1358D2B2-FF6E-4498-A436-80F91F3AA8A4.jpeg
A3725AA0-5156-47E7-A40B-64733DADBFF9.jpeg
Agreed w everything you said.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you do white accents or stripes, I think AB will look really good. Plain stock, I think Cactus is a bit nicer.
Sponsored