Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like he said. ^
As crazy as it sounds, MGV interior has been the feature that stops me in my tracks when debating BaseSas vs BD in my situation. I say this, because I’ve never had an issue off-road in my F150 and BaseSas has considerably more ability off-road. So, do I need it or do I want it? The BD interior would be awesome with 2 young boys and very useful in a very capable Bronco. BD would be more capable off-road than my truck.
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As crazy as it sounds, MGV interior has been the feature that stops me in my tracks when debating BaseSas vs BD in my situation. I say this, because I’ve never had an issue off-road in my F150 and BaseSas has considerably more ability off-road. So, do I need it or do I want it? The BD interior would be awesome with 2 young boys and very useful in a very capable Bronco. BD would be more capable off-road than my truck.
Like you had said earlier, different strokes for different folks. I don’t have kids at home (or even near by for that matter) so not really worried about washout interior and my deep muddying days are over. I do like the wash out for if not only for the too much coffee solver that has been discussed already! I think once people get them, they’ll love ‘em. Honestly, I love my 2005 Escape and it’s an XLS. Takes us everywhere we want to go and no frills. However, it’s time has come and the Bronco Sport would probably make more sense but that’s not what I want and I am in a position to get what I want not necessarily what I need. Everyone has to figure it out for themselves.

Last edited:

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heated mirrors, power windows and power door locks are a luxury for me. But, I'm in a 2012 Sierra with no onstar, crank windows and wash out floors that I didn't pay extra for!
Right.
Before my Sahara, I was used to vehicles WITHOUT power windows/door locks, cruise control, etc. (Taking a road trip without cruise control is excruciating.) Today's 'base' models are so far and above what was the norm just a few years ago (decades now maybe). Air conditioning used to be an 'option' not that long ago, and manual trans was the norm on small cars & trucks. I've had 4 vehicles, all manual. If/when I get a Bronco, it may be my first automatic in my life (assuming I go that route). I'm afraid I will miss a manual.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went back and forth too with the Base SAS and the BD. I already have a loaded Ranger Lariat so for me the Base SAS has everything I'll need and more. My biggest concern was the cloth interior because it's so dusty here in the desert. But I can't see spending thousands more just to get the MGV. A good set of seat covers like these below are about $200 or Katzkins for about $1,500. I'll just add some WeatherTech liners and be done with it.

Ford Bronco BASE SASQUATCH: Change my mind! Seat Covers

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like you had said earlier, different strokes for different folks. I don’t have kids at home (or even near by for that matter) so not really worried about washout interior and my deep muddying days are over. I do like the wash out for if not only for the too much coffee solver that has been discussed already! I think once people get them, they’ll love ‘em. Honestly, I love my 2005 Escape and it’s an XLS. Takes us everywhere we want to go and no frills. However, it’s time has come and the Bronco Sport would probably make more sense but that’s not what I want and I am in a position to get what I want not necessarily what I need. Everyone has to figure it out for themselves.
I guess you could say I haven't figured anything out at this point. LOL.

I'm still knee deep in it debating. Either way, I think I'll be happy. That's the most important. At least I'm not struggling with color. ?‍♂

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I guess you could say I haven't figured anything out at this point. LOL.

I'm still knee deep in it debating. Either way, I think I'll be happy. That's the most important. At least I'm not struggling with color. ?‍♂
Maybe the biggest thing with the exception of the base that I found is if you build the trims the same, they end up costing about the same which duh! makes sense. Pricing is based on costs. It comes down to interior materials and available options based on trim levels. This also isn’t Fords first rodeo. All depends on what you feel you need or want to make you satisfied with your purchase.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right.
Before my Sahara, I was used to vehicles WITHOUT power windows/door locks, cruise control, etc. (Taking a road trip without cruise control is excruciating.) Today's 'base' models are so far and above what was the norm just a few years ago (decades now maybe). Air conditioning used to be an 'option' not that long ago, and manual trans was the norm on small cars & trucks. I've had 4 vehicles, all manual. If/when I get a Bronco, it may be my first automatic in my life (assuming I go that route). I'm afraid I will miss a manual.
Agreed. The Base Bronco is already miles more factory standard equipped than my bone stock stripper 2012 JK Sport is and I've been DD'n that for a little over 9 years now. The Base Bronco will feel like I jumped 30 years into the future.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The base squatch is an example of "the idea of something is better than the utility and value of that something". Most squatch buyers will never come close to tapping the potential of their squatch. The base Bronco has the off-road capability to do more than how 90% of us will functionally use the broncos. For most of us, paying for the squatch would have more to do with aesthetics over required functionality.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most squatch buyers will never come close to tapping the potential of their squatch. The base Bronco has the off-road capability to do more than how 90% of us will functionally use the broncos.
Yeah, the most I've gone off-road with my Sahara is a downtown parking garage. :(

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe the biggest thing with the exception of the base that I found is if you build the trims the same, they end up costing about the same which duh! makes sense. Pricing is based on costs. It comes down to interior materials and available options based on trim levels.
I think this is true to a point. But I also think they are constantly trying to upsell you into next-higher trim level. Which is why each successive trim level has something that CANNOT merely be added as an option to the next-lower trim level (which would end up saving you $$). They won't allow it. So the consumer ends up paying for stuff they really don't want or need, simply because the next-higher trim level includes a 'must-have'.
About the only exception to this would be to add stuff after-market. But a lot of folks will pay more than something's worth, simply for the convenience of one-stop-shop. They'd rather have the factory give them exactly what they want, even though it could possibly be done cheaper another way.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think this is true to a point. But I also think they are constantly trying to upsell you into next-higher trim level. Which is why each successive trim level has something that CANNOT merely be added as an option to the next-lower trim level (which would end up saving you $$). They won't allow it. So the consumer ends up paying for stuff they really don't want or need, simply because the next-higher trim level includes a 'must-have'.
About the only exception to this would be to add stuff after-market. But a lot of folks will pay more than something's worth, simply for the convenience of one-stop-shop. They'd rather have the factory give them exactly what they want, even though it could possibly be done cheaper another way.
True. That’s what I meant by options available with trims. The days of ala carte ordering have been gone for decades. But, you can build a BD almost exactly as a base BL and the price is nearly same. This makes sense. However, BL makes much of it standard and also allows you to get other options not available on BD. If you Squatch them both, again almost the same price give or take.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone that says Sas package is too much is stuck in the 1970s. I can’t imagine trailing with less than 35s as you will not make it very far on any trail/path/choose your off-road with less.

I imagine the same people dreaming 35s are ‘big’ are the same people that think a unibody crossover is offroad capable.

Get the base squatch and you will have the best of all worlds.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw an aftermarket disconnect for a few hundred. And to spend thousands more just to watch the tv screen while you drive, I can just look out the window for free.
Base , Sas, 2.7 adv,auto transfer case and 10 speed.

A sway bar disconnect takes about 3 minutes with a 15MM wrench and an adjustable wrench. Some people just have more money than sense I suppose.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw an aftermarket disconnect for a few hundred. And to spend thousands more just to watch the tv screen while you drive, I can just look out the window for free.
Base , Sas, 2.7 adv,auto transfer case and 10 speed under $40K, Ill have enough left over to install a 40 inch tv screen and toaster.
What about the beer cooler? :mad: ?
Sponsored