Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's the one accessory I was looking forward to and I've seen only one confirmed person that actually has it installed...

Accessories guy at the dealer doesn't know what I am talking about and it's not on Ford's accessories website. It is in the Ford B&P though.

@Ford Motor Company where can I buy this product? Did I have to order it from the factory? I was always under the impression we would be able to order it as DIO?

Thanks
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's the one accessory I was looking forward to and I've seen only one confirmed person that actually has it installed...

Accessories guy at the dealer doesn't know what I am talking about and it's not on Ford's accessories website. It is in the Ford B&P though.

@Ford Motor Company where can I buy this product? Did I have to order it from the factory? I was always under the impression we would be able to order it as DIO?

Thanks
We told you, once you pick up the Bronco, your credit card starts to cry. It's just how it works.

I've been wondering the same thing since it was announced that the part was moved to '22 and it was factory installed only. Haven't heard anything.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not available as of now from Ford or as an accessory. If it was, the system is saying the list for the main part, not including hardware or brackets, is about $2,600.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s only factory installed at this time. Iā€™ve got one, and there is no part number. It doesnā€™t look Ike an easy install since there is modification to the body/frare.

OP
OP
OhhhhhhSnap

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's not available as of now from Ford or as an accessory. If it was, the system is saying the list for the main part, not including hardware or brackets, is about $2,600.
Thanks for the update Flip. Figured that was the case. Sucks it wasn't initially ready.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-78467A33-A is the slider they call "seat and tray- slide out tailgate". I think the brackets are M2DZ-78402B59-A and M2DZ-78402B60-A, screws might be W709055S439.

The catalogue doesn't have illustrations listed but I got this from a HVBOM report then checked the numbers in Ford's parts system to make sure they were valid. Based on what DOW said, there are no service parts available anywhere yet and had other indicators like they don't intend to any time soon.

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm surprised that nobody from the aftermarket has tried to make one yet.

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised that nobody from the aftermarket has tried to make one yet.
I think there is a pretty big challenge with the slides. Unless I am misunderstanding how this thing works, in order to support the advertised weight the slides likely need to be built in such a way they can bolt to the body with some significant reinforcement where they attach. I thought pretty hard about trying to make one myself, but I couldnā€™t engineer a solution that would be average-user-installable, which really kills its marketability

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know it's not the same, but even something that had legs that would be hinged into the tailgate itself that when slid out could be dropped for support? Who knows, I could be drinking early today because that would no longer be a tailgate then. Lol.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think there is a pretty big challenge with the slides. Unless I am misunderstanding how this thing works, in order to support the advertised weight the slides likely need to be built in such a way they can bolt to the body with some significant reinforcement where they attach. I thought pretty hard about trying to make one myself, but I couldnā€™t engineer a solution that would be average-user-installable, which really kills its marketability
The bolts for the front tie downs in the cargo area should sufficient. Designed to hold the drawer organizer from tipping out with the drawer at full rated capacity. But somebody will want to attach the drawer cabinet to the slideout and have something slid out 6 feet at which point something will break.

You could always build your own slide-out starring with industrial slides like these
https://www.accuride.com/en-us/prod...s119WxkS5hevanByTD6RHYEcf_R907kBoCRyMQAvD_BwE

Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bolts for the front tie downs in the cargo area should sufficient. Designed to hold the drawer organizer from tipping out with the drawer at full rated capacity. But somebody will want to attach the drawer cabinet to the slideout and have something slid out 6 feet at which point something will break.

You could always build your own slide-out starring with industrial slides like these
https://www.accuride.com/en-us/products/drawer-slides/heavy-duty-slides?Adid=396969172255&keyword=extra heavy duty slides&campaign=ec-HeavyDuty&source=google&medium=cpc&matchtype=p&content=AD_HeavyDutySlides&adGroup=HeavySlides&gclid=CjwKCAjw9qiTBhBbEiwAp-GE0QP7-BqZ--hUy9mCJDGTEws119WxkS5hevanByTD6RHYEcf_R907kBoCRyMQAvD_BwE
I thought about that, but wasnā€™t able to find bottom-mount slides that I could make fit those tie-down bolts. Side-mount slides would work but the resulting product wouldnā€™t be as sleek or ā€œoem integratedā€ as the Ford version. Iā€™m sure itā€™s doable, but competing with Ford on a similar product would require my solution to be quite a bit better IMO. Maybe availability to the aftermarket is a big enough differentiator. Maybe beating their price by a little would helpā€¦ Maybe I should give it another look

Cogentfire

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only included as factory install on Black Diamond trim or lower. Maybe a weight issue for the premium models?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only included as factory install on Black Diamond trim or lower. Maybe a weight issue for the premium models?
Dunno, I put one in my '21 BL just to prove it was possible. Direct bolt in but have to buy a new trim strip for the back or remove it so you can access the table latch. The table and parts together are less than 75lb I think.
Sponsored