James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much handgun are you planning on putting in there?

Mine fits:

All the small stuff, so I won't list it here...
S&W 586 Performance Center Pro
1911 full size
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry with RMR (with or without threaded barrel)
Sig Sauer P226 with threaded barrel
Beretta 92FS

It will not fit:

Colt Python 4.25" barrel
S&W 625 with 5" barrel
S&W 629 with 6" barrel

I didn't try the Luger, but most people don't carry one...

The lock might be a sticking point to you - it's one of those four tumbler things where you spin the wheel. I suspect it could be changed out to something else, but that might be something you don't like.

IMG_1912.jpeg

IMG_1913.jpeg

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg

IMG_1917.jpeg

Fantastic real life photos. Much appreciated! Very helpful! Thanks
Sponsored

WildTrak23

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 FX4 Crew Cab Flame Blue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe someone can make one of those chip activated conceal carry Lock boxes where the cup holder grab handle mounts. Dibs on a few royalties from the finished product. Lol
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1679162757122

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Success! I have found the solution that hit the most important features for me; secure, out of sight, biometric access. I received the Headrest safe and installed it today. The combo head rest and companion safe were $585.00 purchased from www.theheadrestsafe.com. Here are few pictures of the install. They offer a 10% discount to military and 1st Responders.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 20230323_104252

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 20230323_104300

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 20230323_104311

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 20230323_104322

For my review of the install: The install took about 20 mins to setup and install the safe and about 5 mins to do the companion headrest. I need to adjust the companion headrest forward a little but other than that it was fairly simple install.

Pros: I love the hidden aspect of the safe and its out of the way. I have a Vaultech safe that works but it is under the back seat and doesn't always stay put. It is also awkward to access from the front seat. I can easily reach the headrest safe from the drivers seat and access the lock, big improvement over the Vaultech. I have shown the safe to 2 Friends that are firearms instructors and gun shop owner. Both were blown away that it was a hidden safe.

The storage room is sufficient to store 3 spare magazines and my Glock 43x, I could probably fit a second gun as well. It easily will accommodate a full sized frame gun like Glock 19 or my 23c.

The biometric is fast and reliable. It reads and unlocks in less than a second and in 10 attempts to open the safe it didn't fail once to read my fingerprint. There is keypad backup as well as hidden key lock and back up micro USB power should the battery fail.

Cons: It's not an exact copy of the Badlands headrest (no orange stitching) but that a minor nit pick, still looks reasonably close.

The headrest post come in one size with sleeves to adapt to larger diameter headrest mounting holes. The sleeves are a bit of band-aid to fit different OEM seats. For $500 I would rather have the correct sized post or at least be able to purchase the correct sized posts. The safe headrest fit tighter than the drivers side companion for some reason. I have reached out to the manufacture to see what my options are to remedy. Additionally, since the posts are smaller than the OEM the headrest won't lock in the raised position. Hopefully, they will fix this.

Biometric reader can only read one fingerprint. I would like to have ability to store additional finger prints as back up.

Last edited:

Bacchanalia

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Success! I have found the solution that hit the most important features for me; secure, out of sight, biometric access. I received the Headrest safe and installed it today. The combo head rest and companion safe were $585.00 purchased from www.theheadrestsafe.com. Here are few pictures of the install. They offer a 10% discount to military and 1st Responders.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 20230323_104322

For my review of the install: The install took about 20 mins to setup and install the safe and about 5 mins to do the companion headrest. I need to adjust the companion headrest forward a little but other than that it was fairly simple install.

Pros: I love the hidden aspect of the safe and its out of the way. I have a Vaultech safe that works but it is under the back seat and doesn't always stay put. It is also awkward to access from the front seat. I can easily reach the headrest safe from the drivers seat and access the lock, big improvement over the Vaultech. I have shown the safe to 2 Friends that are firearms instructors and gun shop owner. Both were blown away that it was a hidden safe.

The storage room is sufficient to store 3 spare magazines and my Glock 43x, I could probably fit a second gun as well. It easily will accommodate a full sized frame gun like Glock 19 or my 23c.

The biometric is fast and reliable. It reads and unlocks in less than a second and in 10 attempts to open the safe it didn't fail once to read my fingerprint. There is keypad backup as well as hidden key lock and back up micro USB power should the battery fail.

Cons: It's not an exact copy of the Badlands headrest (no orange stitching) but that a minor nit pick, still looks reasonably close.

The headrest post come in one size with sleeves to adapt to larger diameter headrest mounting holes. The sleeves are a bit of band-aid to fit different OEM seats. For $500 I would rather have the correct sized post or at least be able to purchase the correct sized posts. The safe headrest fit tighter than the drivers side companion for some reason. I have reached out to the manufacture to see what my options are to remedy. Additionally, since the posts are smaller than the OEM the headrest won't lock in the raised position. Hopefully, they will fix this.

Biometric reader can only read one fingerprint. I would like to have ability to store additional finger prints as back up.
did they reply and explain if they will have a solution for the posts? I see they have an adapter…did that work for you?

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

did they reply and explain if they will have a solution for the posts? I see they have an adapter…did that work for you?
I measured the factory posts, sent them an email and they shipped me larger ones. I haven’t had time to install them, but they should work better.

Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if anyone mention the Mountains2Metal lockable space for the tail gate. They call it a medicine cabinet. Have one that locks, one that doesn't.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope that you never have to draw it with a passenger in the seat.

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I measured the factory posts, sent them an email and they shipped me larger ones. I haven’t had time to install them, but they should work better.
I measured and emailed them the correct post dimension's to get a better fit. They shipped them out the next day and it took care of the fit issue. The post would not work with the height adjustment on the seat as the locking tab on the seat is angled and not straight. I took a grinder wheel to the post and cut a slot to match the locking tab into the post and now they work perfectly.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if anyone mention the Mountains2Metal lockable space for the tail gate. They call it a medicine cabinet. Have one that locks, one that doesn't.
I am glad they added the locking option. I know that was a big let down on the initial release. May have to revisit this.

Rick28078

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here’s what I have. It’s a tailgate lockbox made by Tuffy for the JL. It was easy to retrofit to my BD. I run a firearms training business and just back up to the range and work out of it.
Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1691354137953

Sponsored

Mainer

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Subaru Impreza Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking for gun rack pics/ideas.
thanks!

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for gun rack pics/ideas.
thanks!
[/I have a very short side-by-side shotgun/coach gun that I wanted to put in a secure location that was out of the way. I finally came up with the idea to use these magnetic tool holders on top of the back roll cage. I have a pair of these on my tractor and I use it to haul heavy tools with no problems. I live in an area where we don’t even need to lock our doors so break-ins or theft are not an issue for me. I just wanted it up and out of the way. And unless you are really looking for something up there, you would never even see it.

ULIBERMAGNET Strong Magnetic Storage Hooks,Heavy Duty Magnetic Garage Storage Tool Organizer,Extension Cord,Hose, Cable, Rope,Tools for Garage,Pick-up,RV and Workshop(2 Pack) https://a.co/d/jiJCRYk
IMG_9692.jpeg

QUOTE]