First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going with Granger as I really want to patronize them for standing up with a really great price ($1,000 under invoice) when no one else has. The vast majority of dealers will be at MSRP or above and many/most will likely have compulsory add-ons to pad their margins. Why not just do a simple transaction and not worry about all of the potential BS?

If you elect to get the car from Granger, you can choose to either fly-in and drive home, or have the car shipped. I'll do the former. Am I worried about engine break-in? Not in the least. I have done new-car out of State purchases in the past (too many!) and I have never had a problem.

Now, if we digress into engine break-in, we can ask 100 people and we'll get 100 different answers/preferences. Perhaps the biggest inconvenience is to vary your RPMs which isn't that hard to do. You just don't want to set your cruise control to a single speed and let it sit there for hours. In this person's 1 of 100 opinion, I would plan to stop to eat for an hour or more (let the engine cool down) somewhere after the first hour or so of driving and maybe once again after 3 hours. Do that and vary the RPMs and the engine will be absolutely fine.

Can't wait for the day when I have tickets in hand and on the way to meet the folks at Granger.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well this was a little disappointing to receive from Danvers Ford after asking about ADM...I'm not going past October without confirmation they won't be adding anything on top of MSRP!!

Looks like I'm moving my reservation to York Ford at Saugus!

Ford Bronco Which dealership are you using? 20200731_143439

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm using Mathieu Ford in Winchendon, MA. I've used them in the past for service on my Focus RS and they are pretty good. Haven't dealt with the sales staff yet - I've reached out to the salesperson who replied to my reservation but they haven't responded so confidence in them is waning - waiting for answers on ADM and X-Plan.

Also, if you know of anyone who wants a 2016 Focus RS in Gray with 22k miles on it, reach out!
I changed my mind as they confirmed that they are adding $2500.00 ADM and won't accept X-Plan. Canceled my reservation and went with another dealership.

OP
OP
Abominable Snowman
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ecoline Van
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I changed my mind as they confirmed that they are adding $2500.00 ADM and won't accept X-Plan. Canceled my reservation and went with another dealership.
It amazes me that dealers will add markups so openly like that.

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It amazes me that dealers will add markups so openly like that.
The sales manager was so brazen about it too. He even told me that Ford was strongly discouraging dealerships from doing it but they're doing it anyway. Greedy. So I bounced and won't use them for anything moving forward.

I'm using a dealership in NH. I have a mutual friend who introduced me due to this issue with Mathieu.

Last edited:

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That so frustrating!!! How many people must they get it from too that don't have the idea about chasing around!!!

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That so frustrating!!! How many people must they get it from too that don't have the idea about chasing around!!!
The funny thing is that they did the same exact thing with the Focus RSes. I wanted to go with them, ADM was insane, went somewhere else for my RS. Meanwhile, they had two RSes on their lot for over a year getting tans because they still wanted ADM. I thought they learned their lesson but sometimes greed wins over logic.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well this was a little disappointing to receive from Danvers Ford after asking about ADM...I'm not going past October without confirmation they won't be adding anything on top of MSRP!!

Looks like I'm moving my reservation to York Ford at Saugus!

Ford Bronco Which dealership are you using? 20200731_143439
I retract this! They have just confirmed to me no ADM but no confirmation on X-Plan as they don't know if Ford will be offering it or not!

? I'm happy now! Damn December can't come soon enough!!

Ash

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will have to see who will take the X-Plan around me, either McGovern or Acton Ford. Right now nobody seems to answer much until the official pricing is released.

Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesn't seem like they are responding about xplan and adm, their response seems to be about switching your reservation to their dealership?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm using Mathieu Ford in Winchendon, MA. I've used them in the past for service on my Focus RS and they are pretty good. Haven't dealt with the sales staff yet - I've reached out to the salesperson who replied to my reservation but they haven't responded so confidence in them is waning - waiting for answers on ADM and X-Plan.
Thanks for the info.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Currently reserved at York Ford in Saugus, MA.

Had a brief text exchange with the sales manager there and he confirmed no ADM. Haven't heard back about X-Plan pricing. He also mentioned that they will start taking "orders" in September. This has me a bit leery as I know Ford isn't taking Bronco orders until December. I'm assuming based on feedback from other users here that they'll just want me to put down a nonrefundable deposit of some amount in September so that I can't switch dealers without forfeiting the deposit, thus trying to lock them in as my dealer. Not very comfortable with that at all. When I made my reservation I'm pretty sure York was the only option... no drop down menu or anything with other local to me Ford dealers.

I'm planning to call around to the other Ford dealers in my area (I live just north of Boston) and see who's actually taking orders in December, no ADM fee, X-Plan honored, ect.

I've also been considering switching to Granger in Iowa for the $1,000 off invoice incentive and no ADM trickery. I like how they have a sales rep that's active on here and seems really transparent. One way flights are cheap out of Logan (~$120) and the drive back to MA would certainly allow me to get well acquainted with the new truck. I'm going to see if I can find an honest, local dealer first but that's my plan C at the moment.

If any other Mass folks have a dealer that isn't trying to pull a fast one please let me know!
Granger is at $1300 now. strongly - strongly considering that myself. As long as we plan on a few days back then the whole "steady mph during break in issue" is a non-starter. Just hoping that some dealers in or near MA decide to be a bit more willing to lower the up front $$ in favor of longer term $$$.

Not trying to be a sales sucker but if we go out of town then that also helps with our MA excise tax. So each $ helps.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model