First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've also been considering switching to Granger in Iowa for the $1,000 off invoice incentive and no ADM trickery. I like how they have a sales rep that's active on here and seems really transparent. One way flights are cheap out of Logan (~$120) and the drive back to MA would certainly allow me to get well acquainted with the new truck. I'm going to see if I can find an honest, local dealer first but that's my plan C at the moment.
I thought the same, but I'm not sure a 1300 mile highway trip is the best way to break the car in??

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the same, but I'm not sure a 1300 mile highway trip is the best way to break the car in??
This did cross my mind. I'm not sure what the proper break in procedure is or if it's even necessary to break in the ecoboost. Maybe Ford will recommend something specific for the Bronco but I kinda doubt it.

I think this is an old school train of thought, but I've always been told to keep the RPMs below 4k, no WOT runs, try to vary your speed somewhat / no cruise control for extended periods, (which may be difficult on the mostly highway trip back to MA), etc when breaking in a new car. The only vehicle I've ever purchased brand new was my 2017 VW GTI and even though VW doesn't outline a break in procedure I did *try* to keep the revs under 4k for the first 1,000 miles and no WOT runs (I may have broken that rule more than a few times). The car now as 44k miles and has had zero issues. I didn't even change the oil at the 1,000 mile mark like some higher performance cars recommend.

If I were to fly the IA and buy the truck from Granger, I'd try to find a route home that was a mix of road types; highway, faster two lane roads, surface streets, etc. Maybe a little wheelin' dirt road exploring too.

OP
OP
Abominable Snowman
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ecoline Van
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Live in Massachusetts. At this time I'll be using First Ford in Fall River, MA. Originally I was going to go through Herb Chambers Ford in Westborough, MA but they didn't instill much confidence. Pretty sure there was going to be ADM.

Just curious if anyone near my area has found a good dealership to work with.
Want to give you guys an update on First Ford. I'll be going with them come December.
Ford Bronco Which dealership are you using? Screenshot_20200729-110031__01

OP
OP
Abominable Snowman
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ecoline Van
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This did cross my mind. I'm not sure what the proper break in procedure is or if it's even necessary to break in the ecoboost. Maybe Ford will recommend something specific for the Bronco but I kinda doubt it.

I think this is an old school train of thought, but I've always been told to keep the RPMs below 4k, no WOT runs, try to vary your speed somewhat / no cruise control for extended periods, (which may be difficult on the mostly highway trip back to MA), etc when breaking in a new car. The only vehicle I've ever purchased brand new was my 2017 VW GTI and even though VW doesn't outline a break in procedure I did *try* to keep the revs under 4k for the first 1,000 miles and no WOT runs (I may have broken that rule more than a few times). The car now as 44k miles and has had zero issues. I didn't even change the oil at the 1,000 mile mark like some higher performance cars recommend.

If I were to fly the IA and buy the truck from Granger, I'd try to find a route home that was a mix of road types; highway, faster two lane roads, surface streets, etc. Maybe a little wheelin' dirt road exploring too.
Ive only looked up the Ranger with the 2.3l and Ford recommends a 1,000mi break in.

Sponsored

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive only looked up the Ranger with the 2.3l and Ford recommends a 1,000mi break in.
Good to know. Thanks. What're the specifics? Similar to what I outlined in my previous post?

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I wanted to give you guys an update on Franklin Ford in Franklin, MA.
They are honoring xplan and no ADM. With the x-plan the documentation fees is the $100, he didn't say anything about the fees if I wasn't using X-Plan, I just recently found out my company is part of it.

20200730_093752.jpg

OP
OP
Abominable Snowman
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ecoline Van
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They are honoring xplan and no ADM. With the x-plan the documentation fees is the $100, he didn't say anything about the fees if I wasn't using X-Plan, I just recently found out my company is part of it.

Ford Bronco Which dealership are you using? 20200730_093752
Sweet!! Might have to switch to them... They're currently closer to me.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sweet!! Might have to switch to them... They're currently closer to me.
Yeah I'm happy I won't have to switch to a different dealership. The sales rep has been very responsive.

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Want to give you guys an update on First Ford. I'll be going with them come December.
I’ve been trying to get a hold of them for the same thing in writing. Tasca Ford is still giving me the run around.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s odd is I just emailed them and got a completely different answer.......

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got a response from York Ford in Saugus, MA on the X-plan.

"Ford has not said much to us about pricing programs, but I would assume that as long as Ford does establish x-plan prices for these vehicles, we will be able to use them."

I'm still holding out hope that these guys won't push me to place an "order" in September. So far they've confirmed no ADM and it sounds like x-plan will be honored. If they don't want some big deposit prior to order placement I may move forward with them. We'll see.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got a response from York Ford in Saugus, MA on the X-plan.

"Ford has not said much to us about pricing programs, but I would assume that as long as Ford does establish x-plan prices for these vehicles, we will be able to use them."

I'm still holding out hope that these guys won't push me to place an "order" in September. So far they've confirmed no ADM and it sounds like x-plan will be honored. If they don't want some big deposit prior to order placement I may move forward with them. We'll see.
This is good news, these are my backup plan if I never hear back from Danvers...I've contacted them 3 sperate times, twice by email and once through Facebook and have heard diddly squat from them!!!

Ash
Sponsored