85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In all seriousness, pose a hypothetical "how would you feel if i were to mod/tune" to the service manager, then go from there

Every dealer's different, some are more lenient about tunes and mods than others
If it gets into something weird, Ford has a "field service engineer" that comes around to check out vehicles with complicated problems and can say yay or nay for a lot of things... and they speak for Ford as far as killing warranties. And he comes around periodically just to see how things are going too.

And then you get into the "yeah, this guy has 37's, the blown trans and lose balljoints and any future driveline/suspension problems are his problem from here on out"

The only potentially warranty voiding "mod" I have tentatively planned for our Bronco is an oil catch can, I need research them more how effective they are and how Ford friendly they are. If they work and Ford doesn't like them I am not above removing it before the car goes in for service. My brother is the shop foreman and I am not worried about the dealer side, if the Ford guy comes around and the hood is open I don't want drama.

With rumors there will be a Ford Performance lift offered as a DIO, how will that work? will that still void the warranty? as its Ford Performance vs Ford itself?
It will probably be ok, they will probably mandate it has to be installed by a dealer though.
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it gets into something weird, Ford has a "field service engineer" that comes around to check out vehicles with complicated problems and can say yay or nay for a lot of things... and they speak for Ford as far as killing warranties. And he comes around periodically just to see how things are going too.

And then you get into the "yeah, this guy has 37's, the blown trans and lose balljoints and any future driveline/suspension problems are his problem from here on out"

The only potentially warranty voiding "mod" I have tentatively planned for our Bronco is an oil catch can, I need research them more how effective they are and how Ford friendly they are. If they work and Ford doesn't like them I am not above removing it before the car goes in for service. My brother is the shop foreman and I am not worried about the dealer side, if the Ford guy comes around and the hood is open I don't want drama.

It will probably be ok, they will probably mandate it has to be installed by a dealer though.
You might also wanna get an Intercooler to be safe as well, bro

Dont see how that or a catch can would trigger red flags, they're not big turbos and cams

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mods don't void the warranty. If your mod leads to a component failure they will decline that warranty claim. Your entire warranty will not be voided.
What he ^ said. To void a warranty they are going to have to prove that your modification created or caused the problem. If it did not...the warranty stands.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With rumors there will be a Ford Performance lift offered as a DIO, how will that work? will that still void the warranty? as its Ford Performance vs Ford itself?
Any Factory backed parts will keep your warranty in place as long as the dealership takes possession and does the install, they should warranty their work as well. What may be different is some fine print that may detail "additional wear on parts". This means that after a period of time, that added wear won't be covered and as long as the parts weren't faulty, nor there was an issue with the install, the cost is on you.

Honestly, as long as you get a dealer install, you shouldn't worry much. Lifts usually have a negative effect on drivability, but a Ford lift would be tested to ensure drivability isn't negatively affected. This may also be why they'll cost, but may still use FOX parts. At least I'm hoping it's Fox as that's who makes the parts for the Raptor.

Anyone else with experience getting Ford Performance lifts please chime in.

Reactions: sjp

Sponsored

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a good point, Jeep is used to giving warranty for off-road items, like when I high pointed my Jeep and broke my front displacement gunning it in 4 low to get off the rock.. they commented wow you really smashed the hell out of the body shielding we will replace that too no problem... I know Ford has some experience with the raptor, wondering how cool they will be about mods and off-road “normal wear and tear” as I described it above.. Any one have experience in that world with there trucks??

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What he ^ said. To void a warranty they are going to have to prove that your modification created or caused the problem. If it did not...the warranty stands.
That is what it says on the K&N box says.

The reality of the matter is the reverse, basically you have to prove that the part you installed that was not specced by the manufacture did not cause the failure.

You put a cheap POS CAI on. Ford says the engine has no compression because of dirt contamination... the ball is in your court. You don't get a free crate engine no questions asked just because it had a filter.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a good point, Jeep is used to giving warranty for off-road items, like when I high pointed my Jeep and broke my front displacement gunning it in 4 low to get off the rock.. they commented wow you really smashed the hell out of the body shielding we will replace that too no problem... I know Ford has some experience with the raptor, wondering how cool they will be about mods and off-road “normal wear and tear” as I described it above.. Any one have experience in that world with there trucks??
You're on to something serious here. I don't have experience with a dealership and off road mods. My Disco is a 99, was purchased used, and the installed mods were done by me or 4x4 shops.

Good to hear that Jeep dealerships are understanding and helpful knowing that they actively sold you off road parts where shit gets bashed, so you bashed some shit, now they'll work with you on it to get you back out to bash more shit!

If Ford dealerships will be like this, I'm much more likely to let them handle modifications. I'm already getting a BadSquatch, and darn sure not getting all of this crap to look good at the mall. I'll be out and about, and some things will happen. Sure, I plan to upgrade some armor like sliders and more plating on the corners, but still.

Otherwise, I'll be at an off road shop here in Atlanta, but don't have a current relationship, so may end up driving my rig back to Alabama to old faithful.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a f550 come into the shop with dpf/egr deleted and a tuner that was set on highest perf tune blew up the turbo taking out the engine (sever overboost)Ford warrantied it because could not prove tune was cause of failure (DUH!)so if you argue to ford customer care can get away with alot.On a side note if you take your vehicle in for service and you have a tuner,let your advisor know in case technician does a FSA program update(really sucks to try to recover your tunes at your own expense)

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve mildly ranted about this in one or two threads but I would love to know if adding a rear locker to a base would cause issues with drivetrain warranty. My curiosity is specifically the engine and transmission warranty.

My ideal build is 7mt base 2dr with a rear locker and aftermarket wheels and tires.

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve mildly ranted about this in one or two threads but I would love to know if adding a rear locker to a base would cause issues with drivetrain warranty. My curiosity is specifically the engine and transmission warranty.

My ideal build is 7mt base 2dr with a rear locker and aftermarket wheels and tires.
I'd say go ahead and do the locker. The only real risk would be the ring and pinion going bad if the backlash was set wrong on the gears. Pay someone who knows how to do it correctly and I really doubt it will matter nor will Ford ever find out.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act has many layers but for the purpose of this conversation it states, I’m paraphrasing, the burden of proof to make a connection that our aftermarket accessories caused failure of a specific object is solely the obligation of the manufacturer/dealer. In other words, we as the consumer are innocent until proven guilty of contributing to the failure.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs