Sponsored

Which "street friendly" Bronco looks the best?

yabu00

Base
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Inifinit FX-35
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think most of us would agree, that the Bronco with the sasquatch package is the best looking Bronco. Maybe the Badland without sas. comes close. But both are made mainly for off roading and are not the most street friendly vehicles.

My Bronco won't probably see any serious off-roading and will be driven mainly on the regular roads (what I guess will be the case with 70-80% of the Broncos anyway). Initially I ordered the sasquatch package with my outer banks only for the looks. I deleted later the sas package and now have the 4 door outerbanks with the hardtop on its way. I think from all the other models, this one is the best looking street friendly model. This is just my opinion, would be interested to see what the others here think.
2 door manual base with 4.46 gears with handle the best and be the quickest on road. Don’t know how to judge looks for any of these; all about personal preference.
Sponsored

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I was after a street only Bronco I'd do a non-sasquatch OBX and put a nice 18" wheel and some mild all terrain 33s on it.

Of course this is purely hypothetical because buying a Bronco to keep on the street is like buying a boat to keep in the driveway. I'd just buy a nice car instead...
I dislike cars. The last I had was a 1982 or there abouts Nissan Stanza.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think most of us would agree, that the Bronco with the sasquatch package is the best looking Bronco. Maybe the Badland without sas. comes close. But both are made mainly for off roading and are not the most street friendly vehicles.

My Bronco won't probably see any serious off-roading and will be driven mainly on the regular roads (what I guess will be the case with 70-80% of the Broncos anyway). Initially I ordered the sasquatch package with my outer banks only for the looks. I deleted later the sas package and now have the 4 door outerbanks with the hardtop on its way. I think from all the other models, this one is the best looking street friendly model. This is just my opinion, would be interested to see what the others here think.
put the carbo grey big bend wheels on my carbo grey base and think it looks awesome. Also tinted windows so the whole thing is kind of blacked out with the carbo grey. I love it. Also the bridgestones are more than enough for standard winter driving- especially in this vehicle and do just fine on old logging trails for bird hunting.

TBroncski

Outer Banks
First Name
Tybor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And not a fan of anything on the OBX, they should have sold the OBX as a Lincoln.
lololol dude i'd take my sas obx anywhere you'd take your "real" bronco and probably do it better

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think a lot of people buying these are going to take up an interest in off roading even if they weren’t interested before. I don’t know if you went to one of the off roadeos, but there were a bunch of people in my group with little or no off road experience, and it seemed clear that they just picked up a new hobby that day. They were smart to offer that to Bronco buyers. It gave the newcomers the confidence that they needed to go out and get dirty, and it gave the experienced people a better idea of what the vehicle is capable of. Yeah, the Sasquatch package is probably unnecessary for most, but the lockers make a huge difference if you’re gonna do anything more than trail riding. Compared to my old off road rigs, this thing almost makes it too easy.
Are you saying that the OBX without the sas and locker is not off road capable at all?

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is definitely a subjective thread and I think there are plenty of "correct" answers, and I've seen a ton of gorgeous builds that I'd be happy to own/drive. Personally the OBX works best for me, but I would change out to the BD Aluminum wheels and black flares. I must say that the elitist "OBX Hate" is getting quite old. It's NOT a Ford Edge, or should have been a Lincoln, etc. It's a valid build and still a quite capable rig. None of us owe anyone else here the "why" or "where" we'll be using our Broncos.
Honestly I’d just ignore them. Who cares. Elitism pops up everywhere.

connoisseur.png

fyi I have a non-Sas OBX getting a puck lift and ready for pickup next week.

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the grill on the wildtraks and first editions best. And the black horsey on the tailgate and black beauty rings. Also, neither of them are even available in the non Sasquatch configuration. I had no interest in any version without Sasquatch. I also think the four door looks better than the two door. The two door just doesn’t seem right proportionally. Too much hood, not enough cabin. I don’t give a rat’s ass that they never made a 4dr bronco before. A lot of Jeep guys lost their shit when they started making 4dr wranglers, now a lot of them are driving them, because it’s just more practical.

I couldn’t agree with you more on every point you just made. And I thought I was the only one who thinks the 2 door just doesn’t look right.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My original reservation/order was for a non-squatch BL/Lux because I liked the standard OEM rims and 33s. I looked briefly at the BD and OBX but wanted neutral interior color choices. I decided on the BB and put a set of BL rims on 275/70/17s Wildpeaks and called it a day. I'm not interested in oversize tires, lifts and leveling kits. This is a great everyday driver for me. The $10K difference between the BL and BB is being used on my kitchen remodel.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you saying that the OBX without the sas and locker is not off road capable at all?
No, but not nearly as capable as it is with a locker. I have attempted obstacles with my lockers off where the car starts bucking and slipping all over the place, then it just walks right through with the lockers on.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I couldn’t agree with you more on every point you just made. And I thought I was the only one who thinks the 2 door just doesn’t look right.
I don’t think they look bad, and they wouldn’t need to be as long as the 4doors, it just looks like someone cut about 8-12” off the back. 2 door wranglers look better proportionally imo.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like the looks of the 4 door non sas obx exterior as a luxury looking SUV. Saw one for the first time the other day and I was impressed. As far as what I think the Bronco should look though, I like think the look of the 2 dr basesquatch is the best look for a non off-roader. Not a fan of OBX interior, so the interior would have to be BB or FE.

My own personal favorite (mainly) "street driver" (slowly seeing some off roading) is the Black Diamond. I think it looks like a Bronco should inside and out. Sas would have been a slightly better look but this is my daily driver and $$ did factor in.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I was after a street only Bronco I'd do a non-sasquatch OBX and put a nice 18" wheel and some mild all terrain 33s on it.

Of course this is purely hypothetical because buying a Bronco to keep on the street is like buying a boat to keep in the driveway. I'd just buy a nice car instead...
I don't get it!..... why not buy a flex?
Because there is no two door flex with a locking differential. Also, how could I put a Badlands suspension on the Flex.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 door manual base with 4.46 gears with handle the best and be the quickest on road. Don’t know how to judge looks for any of these; all about personal preference.
I would be willing to race the 2 door manual base, but I would be willing to bet that the 2 door 2.7 auto OBX with 4.27's is faster. It weighs in at 4610 lbs.

OP
OP

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, but not nearly as capable as it is with a locker. I have attempted obstacles with my lockers off where the car starts bucking and slipping all over the place, then it just walks right through with the lockers on.
I get it and the locker and auto 4wd are the two only things I regret not ordering but I really didn't know better at that time. Both options wouldn't harm the street driving not one bit but in case one day you need them, you have them.
Sponsored