Sponsored

Which will sound better with the top off - B&O with Lux or JBL sound bar?

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We just do not know if the Bronco will take advantage of that.
And what is the exact reason the B&O cannot use it?
Is there a wiring diagram somewhere ?
don't know whay the B&O cannot use it, but since I am not getting B&O, I have not looked into it. As to if the Bronco will take advantage of it, I know my dealer is installing it upon delivery, so I believe they will be hooking up to head unit, running RCA and mounting on rear bar.
Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going with B&O... we rode with the top off and the conversation in the front was extremely clear... my GF was in the back and said she could hear everything just fine as well. With that said, the windows were up, the complete top was off and we were only going about 50 mph.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And what is the exact reason the B&O cannot use it?
Wish I could "Danger" you up an answer but I saw someone say that the B/O setup had less room on the bar due to the B/O speakers vs base. So perhaps the JBL bar just doesn't fit?

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I could "Danger" you up an answer but I saw someone say that the B/O setup had less room on the bar due to the B/O speakers vs base. So perhaps the JBL bar just doesn't fit?
That makes as much sense as anything. It looks like they both have a 100mm speaker there, so I would be surprised if one is much bigger than the other (but you never know).

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like they both have a 100mm speaker there,
Yeah, that confuses me a bit as well. Other than the speaker inside, there would be no reason for a different housing. Maybe placement?

Otherwise, maybe it's a software interface thing where the B&O just doesn't jive with it but you'd think that could be programmed out.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, folks, I didn't know how to create a poll. Based on our limited experience with either, I'm interested in your opinions. I figure some of you might have a general background to also draw an opinion from. Please share. I can't be the only one wondering this! 🤠
I keep going back and forth, Lux, High, Lux, High. I'm back to Lux. It's $2500 worth of options I can live without, but I did it because of the options I want that SHOULD be standard like wireless charging and a garage door opener. I like the heated steering wheel, and the B&O system is just now a plus.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Again, this is not accurate, it has 3 inputs RCA, bluetooth and 3.5 jack, with the former being overriden by each latter option.
Regardless, it's still not hardwired into the vehicle and was never made with the intention of 100% replacing the audio system of a vehicle.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless, it's still not hardwired into the vehicle and was never made with the intention of 100% replacing the audio system of a vehicle.
It is a speaker (actually set of speakers), which is meant to supplement the vehicle audio system. I don’t think anyone expected it to replace the other speakers. I do not know what is considered “hardwired,” but I believe RCA cable from head unit to the soundbar will carry sound to it without Bluetooth or WiFi, so seems hardwired to me. Now it may not be for everyone, I get that, but for people interested in it, they should have good info on how it works.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a speaker (actually set of speakers), which is meant to supplement the vehicle audio system. I don’t think anyone expected it to replace the other speakers. I do not know what is considered “hardwired,” but I believe RCA cable from head unit to the soundbar will carry sound to it without Bluetooth or WiFi, so seems hardwired to me. Now it may not be for everyone, I get that, but for people interested in it, they should have good info on how it works.
In all fairness, the title of the post was B&O or JBL but I agree with your points regardless.

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ear buds with mic and noise cancelling for everyone!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I keep going back and forth, Lux, High, Lux, High. I'm back to Lux. It's $2500 worth of options I can live without, but I did it because of the options I want that SHOULD be standard like wireless charging and a garage door opener. I like the heated steering wheel, and the B&O system is just now a plus.
You can get a universal garage door opener for less than $50. There are even keychain fobs with a transmitter built in for less than $15. There are some that just plug into the cig lighter with usb connections included. There are plenty of options for other extras at a lower cost savings.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can get a universal garage door opener for less than $50. There are even keychain fobs with a transmitter built in for less than $15. There are some that just plug into the cig lighter with usb connections included. There are plenty of options for other extras at a lower cost savings.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a handheld already. I don't want it left in the truck, as I'll have the roof and doors off most times. I want it fixed to the vehicle. I'm not getting Lux just for that though.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the suggestion. I have a handheld already. I don't want it left in the truck, as I'll have the roof and doors off most times. I want it fixed to the vehicle. I'm not getting Lux just for that though.
Look into this. Works with pretty much any garage door. I park outside and didn't want a handheld in my car either. Plus when we're out in the neighborhood with the golf cart I like to be able to just hit the app and pull right in.

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage...ocphy=9022906&hvtargid=pla-365824222793&psc=1
Sponsored