Sponsored

Who can retrieve your rail car number once shipped?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wondering if any dealership employee (not _only_ one from my dealership) would be able to find the shipping information (rail car number) for my Bronco.

Anyone know?
Sponsored

Commodore

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yep!
ā€¦mine has been on ā€œrailā€ for almost 2 weeks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It has come to this?
Itā€™s apparently pretty common, and easy to track once you have the info (according to years of other FoMoCo and GM forums).

Also it would be very helpful for me to have more precision than a weeklong delivery estimate window, which is how big the window Ford gave me was when I received my ā€œbuiltā€ notification. I need to get a check mailed from the CU, so want to have that ready in case it beats the estimate. But, I donā€™t want to request it too early or else if it is delayed significantly, the check will expireā€¦ would be a lot easier to facilitate with tracking!

And aside from the logical stuff, you all arenā€™t being honest if you think you wonā€™t want to know exactly where your rig is if possible!

Last edited:

KaneNorth

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has come to this?
I work at a mine and we have live maps of all the incoming and outgoing trains to and from our rail load out and the port. If we can track them with such precision I donā€™t see why tracking a different kind of freight would be much different.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am told this information populates in some sort of ā€œVehicle Visibility Tool.ā€

So I guess the question Iā€™m asking is: can any dealership look up any vehicle in this tool, or would it only be limited to the originating dealership?

Asking because my salesman takes a long ass time to reply and there are so many friendly dealership employees on here :p

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yep!
ā€¦mine has been on ā€œrailā€ for almost 2 weeks!
Unfortunately, that is typically the case with rail shipments. There are only a few intermodal hubs where the vehicles can be offloaded and shipments consolidated for dispatch via truck to the end destination. 3-4 weeks in transit is normal; and I know we (at work) have seen worse. The only thing good about rail shipments, is the price - but you DO get what you pay for.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any dealership should be able to look this up, the should referring to their actual level of knowledge, some donā€™t even know it exists. Any Ford employee will be able to look this up as well if you know anyone.
Nice! Now time to find such an employeeā€¦

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Rail gonna take a couple more weeks. Have some patience. And donā€™t bother our nice dealers around here with this waste of their time request, we donā€™t want to run them off. You have a dealer this goes to them.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Imagine if your Bronco was in a massive railroad crash. Wonder if Ford would put its replacement at the back of the linešŸ˜³

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I had my Ranger ordered there was an plant employee that had access to that info over at Ranger5g. He was able to give a current location of the rail car from a vin. When I asked about mine he told me it was in "X" city near me. And the next day it arrived at the dealer.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When I had my Ranger ordered there was an plant employee that had access to that info over at Ranger5g. He was able to give a current location of the rail car from a vin. When I asked about mine he told me it was in "X" city near me. And the next day it arrived at the dealer.
Nice, sounds like (as expected) itā€™s an easy ask!
Sponsored