Sponsored

Who has the worst car being replaced by a Bronco?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, I'm kind of amazed at the relatively new vehicles with all these problems. Some things sound more like just maintenance that is being deferred. Hell the only thing wrong with my 97 Explorer is one rear interior door handle broke. I have the replacement just haven't swapped it yet. But im the type that replaces things as soon as there seems like it may be an issue. So issues don't compound one after the next. I also have been blessed with very reliable vehicles.
And look at all the "good" brands represented. Keep that in mind when people are bashing Ford. The 197k Focus I posted early had nothing wrong except motor mounts were getting clunky as they're famous for.
Sponsored

QuitPlayinWithYourDingy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Rav4 V6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll try to get current pics later, but:
1986 M1028 Frmr. military vehicle
It's a Chevy bare bones, no radio etc, K30
Rusty as all hell, seat foam is missing part of drivers side , rides like it has a solid suspension, ZERO sound deadening and that old 6.2 diesel ROOAARRRS!!!
The damn thing is a scary, imposing son-of-a-bitch! Lol
It makes snowflakes cry.
I may have an older pic before all the rust , stand by ..... yep, here it is lurking....behind a tree....just waiting on it's next victim.
I ran one of these as my plow truck. It was unstoppable!

Topher772

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Forte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not a POS... but 2014 base Kia Forte to Bronco Big Bend is gonna be a great change!!!!

I don't even have keyless entry

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don’t even think about selling it. In 20 years you’ll regret it, future classic 🤣

Honestly I had a similar thing with tires for my explorer, I just threw some CHEAP Walmart tires on it for like $400 so I didn’t feel like a terrible person of the new owner didn’t care enough to do so.

Cheap tires are much better than worn tires. I managed to find some Bridgestone tires on clearance from Tirerack for $90/ea that fit when I realized this Bronco is more of a 2022 proposition for me.

My car isn't falling apart, it's just boring. A paid off 2014 Altima. It's in fine shape because I take care of it and it's a solid car. Coming up on 120k miles and it's actually a decent place to be on a commute. Just boring.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cheap tires are much better than worn tires. I managed to find some Bridgestone tires on clearance from Tirerack for $90/ea that fit when I realized this Bronco is more of a 2022 proposition for me.
Good call. Cheap tires are definitely better than better worn out tires, they usually just don’t last as long. For something I’m driving for a few years yeah I’m putting some nice tires on it, but to just extend the service life a bit I’ll put some cheap tires on.

Sponsored

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m technically part of the “don’t have a car” crowd. I’ve been walking to work since August and was deciding between a Mustang GT Convertible or a lease. But I’m an idiot and chose to place a reservation for a Bronco instead...in April... so I’ll be walking to work for the next 6-12 months.

Thought about buying a beater while I wait but the cheaper ones around me are still $5-8k due to Covid and chip shortages. That’s too much for a $500 scrap vehicle in my opinion.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I upgraded our 15 Focus to trade in target for the Bronco. 135k on the clock, been a super great car except for the POS trans, but I had that replaced and the control module on Fords dime. Ford extended the warranties soo much we just ran out at 130k lol

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve read stories on B6G about people getting stuck without a vehicle, driving vehicles beyond their useful life or other issues while waiting months / years for their Bronco to arrive. For example, my Bronco will be my primary daily driver. I gave my TJ to my daughter when I reserved my Bronco and now split time between my F250 and VW Beetle TDI driving 50 miles each way to work with the Beetle getting the most use. The F250 is big with a big turbo and injectors and gets ~9mpg if I drive easy. My 1999 Beetle has 277k miles, no air conditioning (live in FL), the CEL and ABS light are always on, it needs struts and shocks and CV shafts, the dash and door panels sound like they are going to fall off whenever I hit a bump, the radio works intermittently, the windows need a helping hand most days to get back up, it’s been hit on the passenger side and the paint where it wasn’t hit doesn’t look any better. Oh, and the transmission slips when she’s cold in the morning. My original plan last year was to sell the VW for weight and get a new Rubicon but decided to instead get a Bronco because, Bronco. I don’t regret my decision even a little and I think my POS VW experience will make my first drive in the Bronco that much sweeter. I hate a car payment but at least we've been able to squirrel away extra money for a down payment. Who else is replacing a POS with a new Bronco?
I will be replacing (if it lasts that long) a 2002 Olds Alero and if it dies before I get my Bronco, I will be replacing an even older hunk of junk ;-)

Sponsored

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah maybe my post didn't reach as big of an audience as I thought it would. LOL
Well like I said we just purchased an Aztek so they kind of have those on my brain along with Bronco

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2002 single cab f-150 sport.. bare bones. Doesn’t even have steering wheel tilt. Had it for 16 years. 225k miles, totaled as it sits but still drives. Hydroplaned back in 2010 and smashed into a guard rail. Cut the airbags out and glued the dash and steering wheel back, replaced the seatbelts with older ones so they would work, pulled the fenders out, and replaced the headlights and grille. Have to add oil every other week. Massive dents all over and extremely faded paint. Had to replaced the alternator a couple months ago, and driveshaft broke on me at the rear u joint two weeks ago while driving down the road. Luckily it didn’t do any significant damage except for it bent the drive shaft. Replaced that sucker and drives like new.. sort of ha
PICTURES!!!
Sponsored