Sponsored

Who has the worst car being replaced by a Bronco?

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is replacing a 2002 Ford Expedition. I also have a 2009 Honda civic as my daily driver.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I thought the Bronco would come sooner so I sold my truck while I was working from home. Its gone up a few thousand in value due to the market, so that's a loss.

Now there's talk about being required to go back into the office, so a burgundy 2002 CRV with 200k+ miles on it has recently caught my eye. Might be purchased if I don't hear good news from Ford in May.
You won't be sorry with the CR-V. '02 was the best year, and my '98 has 226k hard miles - still going.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
2005 Honda Civic EX Special Edition automatic sedan.
295,000 miles.
Foggy headlights
Dented hood from tree debris on an on-ramp during an ice storm
Leaky windshield
Cd changer doesn’t work from water dripping on it from leaky windshield
A pillar trim will not stay in place, suv visor needs to be flipped down constantly to hold it up
A/c compressor needs to be replaced
Back left window doesn’t work
Right rear quarter panel is dented
Right rear wheel well is rusted
Roof is has heel dents in it from me standing on it drunk
Needs struts all around
Needs rear brakes
Tires won’t last through winter
Rusted gas tank bracket
Either an exhaust leak or loose exhaust shield
Porcupine quills wedged in rubber lip under front bumper

But hey! That Honda engine and tranny!!

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whoever has a Land Rover Discovery wins, my boss has one of those, and it's the largest money pit I have ever heard of.

Until a couple weeks ago, I was driving a 2006 Mustang GT convertible:
Just put in a new clutch plate, and the rear end went out,
put in a rear end from a wreck that actually had more miles than the original.
Front control arm bushings are shot.
One window won't go up/down. Or rather goes up/down by hand.
Roof is tweaked with horrible wind noise as soon as you get up to freeway speed, and just about deafening at 80+
Decided it wouldn't make it to next year without another major repair (and tops on those things are around 3 grand)

Traded it for 7K +2K trade credit from Ford on a new F-150 for the wife.

So, now I'm driving her 2007 Expedition. Only has 160k miles. One door won't open from the outside, otherwise it's not bad. Paid the local shop to put in new spark plugs last week because I was not brave enough to to it myself on the 5.4. Hopefully the tires last through summer, because I really don't want to drop $1200 on new tires for something I plan to sell as soon as I get my Bronco.

Oh, and the Expy is (of course) an automatic. It's horrible, no 3rd pedal, and I keep reaching for the shifter whenever I slow down. I really hate automatics.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve read stories on B6G about people getting stuck without a vehicle, driving vehicles beyond their useful life or other issues while waiting months / years for their Bronco to arrive. For example, my Bronco will be my primary daily driver. I gave my TJ to my daughter when I reserved my Bronco and now split time between my F250 and VW Beetle TDI driving 50 miles each way to work with the Beetle getting the most use. The F250 is big with a big turbo and injectors and gets ~9mpg if I drive easy. My 1999 Beetle has 277k miles, no air conditioning (live in FL), the CEL and ABS light are always on, it needs struts and shocks and CV shafts, the dash and door panels sound like they are going to fall off whenever I hit a bump, the radio works intermittently, the windows need a helping hand most days to get back up, it’s been hit on the passenger side and the paint where it wasn’t hit doesn’t look any better. Oh, and the transmission slips when she’s cold in the morning. My original plan last year was to sell the VW for weight and get a new Rubicon but decided to instead get a Bronco because, Bronco. I don’t regret my decision even a little and I think my POS VW experience will make my first drive in the Bronco that much sweeter. I hate a car payment but at least we've been able to squirrel away extra money for a down payment. Who else is replacing a POS with a new Bronco?
Sounds like you have the perfect VW to make into a Dune Buggy 😜

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any VW product man... my sister bought a late model used Tiguan about two years ago and it’s already had multiple $800 repair bills. Just insanity. I bought my Jeep around the same time and even if I had a shop do the repairs I’ve done myself it would only be $500 or so total.
I have 241k miles and counting fast on my 09 vw rabbit (aka the energizer bunny). Just have to strictly perform the maintenance and it’ll live on. Yes my interior has fallen apart (think stapled headliner, etc) but the drivetrain is rock solid. Yes with that many miles, I’ve gone through some wheel bearings and CV joints, but that’s to be expected and is a relatively cheap fix.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't know if I want to part with it.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

D4EB62BF-C044-41AD-B8A9-D6D826D32AAD.jpeg
Don’t even think about selling it. In 20 years you’ll regret it, future classic 🤣
Whoever has a Land Rover Discovery wins, my boss has one of those, and it's the largest money pit I have ever heard of.

Until a couple weeks ago, I was driving a 2006 Mustang GT convertible:
Just put in a new clutch plate, and the rear end went out,
put in a rear end from a wreck that actually had more miles than the original.
Front control arm bushings are shot.
One window won't go up/down. Or rather goes up/down by hand.
Roof is tweaked with horrible wind noise as soon as you get up to freeway speed, and just about deafening at 80+
Decided it wouldn't make it to next year without another major repair (and tops on those things are around 3 grand)

Traded it for 7K +2K trade credit from Ford on a new F-150 for the wife.

So, now I'm driving her 2007 Expedition. Only has 160k miles. One door won't open from the outside, otherwise it's not bad. Paid the local shop to put in new spark plugs last week because I was not brave enough to to it myself on the 5.4. Hopefully the tires last through summer, because I really don't want to drop $1200 on new tires for something I plan to sell as soon as I get my Bronco.

Oh, and the Expy is (of course) an automatic. It's horrible, no 3rd pedal, and I keep reaching for the shifter whenever I slow down. I really hate automatics.
Honestly I had a similar thing with tires for my explorer, I just threw some CHEAP Walmart tires on it for like $400 so I didn’t feel like a terrible person if the new owner didn’t care enough to do so.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone with a land rover or audi of any year or flavor is declared winner
So true on the Audi! Never have regretted buying a car as much as the Q5. Burns a quart of oil every 5K miles. Dealer said it was normal. I say when, 1950?

gmille

Black Diamond
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is for sale but this guy sure asked a lot of questions.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
my a/c heat blower broke last night. Had to get new tires to pass inspection as well as replace a ball joint. it's not as bad as some of them out there but i'm putting band aids on this thing until the bronco arrives.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Man, I'm kind of amazed at the relatively new vehicles with all these problems. Some things sound more like just maintenance that is being deferred. Hell the only thing wrong with my 97 Explorer is one rear interior door handle broke. I have the replacement just haven't swapped it yet. But im the type that replaces things as soon as there seems like it may be an issue. So issues don't compound one after the next. I also have been blessed with very reliable vehicles.

OP
OP
onetong8r

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man, I'm kind of amazed at the relatively new vehicles with all these problems. Some things sound more like just maintenance that is being deferred. Hell the only thing wrong with my 97 Explorer is one rear interior door handle broke. I have the replacement just haven't swapped it yet. But im the type that replaces things as soon as there seems like it may be an issue. So issues don't compound one after the next. I also have been blessed with very reliable vehicles.
I agree with the deferred maintenance but in my case the car isn't worth much and it's going to the junk yard as soon as the Bronco arrives so every time something happens like the AC compressor locking up or blown struts I ask myself if it's worth $400 and a Saturday to fix it. I feel like everything that breaks on the car will cost more than the car is worth to repair so at this point I'm just running it into the ground. I do however stay on top of the engine maintenance because I may keep the little VW diesel for another project when I scrap the car. Despite all the cars issues, I got it for free from a friend (he tried to trade it in and was offered $300) and it has never left me stranded in the past 110k miles so I feel like I got my money out of it.
Sponsored