Sponsored

Who on here has driven several models and can give an opinion on the differences?

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2-door Badlands Sasquatch on order but have driven a Big Bend Sasquatch, Outer Banks Sasquatch, Badlands 4-door Non-squatch MT and a 4-door WildTrak. The latter two were driven on local roads for lengthy amounts of time. We have good roads where I live so I didn’t notice any discernable differences between the Non-squatch (KO2’s) and the Sasquatch (Goodyear Territory). There was noticeably more body-roll with the WildTrak but it was also the heaviest Bronco I had driven.

I felt that both Bronco’s rode substantially better on-road and had more ride comfort than my Jeep. While I went with the Badlands I really don’t think I’ll get much use out of the disconnecting sway-bar (although it’s a really nice feature). The Off-Roadeo made me feel as though any Bronco equipped with front & rear lockers would be enough for the type of off-roading I would do.

Badlands
Ford Bronco Who on here has driven several models and can give an opinion on the differences? 51326631303_fa278685b4_c

WildTrak
Ford Bronco Who on here has driven several models and can give an opinion on the differences? 51543315757_10d0b6c02c_c
Sponsored

Last edited:

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When I look at all the vehicles lined up at the Off-Roadeo, I look for a Badlands to set my butt in for the day. The sway bar disconnect makes the ride significantly more smooth (side to side motion is greatly reduced). I get everyone who is in a BL try it both ways and all agree its WAY better. Badlands (or FE in my case) for the win. The high package cameras are also nice on trails where the terrain changes constantly and you can't see whats coming up right in front of you. Is any of that needed? Nope, I would rock a BaseSquatch and have a blast, but the little things make it nicer, especially day to day. Counterpoint would be the manual disconnects (when available) would allow the suspension to stay disconnected ALL the time and not reconnect whenever you get over 20mph. That would be a nice feature, and hopefully forscan or some other tuning platform will allow for the speed to be increased. That is my only real gripe of the hydraulic disconnect.
It's coming up on the time to reorder for those of us that didn't get a Bronco this year. I was thinking of switching trims, if I don't lose my spot by doing that, and if it makes sense to do so.

I have ordered a Badlands sasquatch, high package. I really wanted all the bells and whistles, and the washout interior, but with the way costs are nowadays I'm starting to second guess that.

I'm new to off roading, so it's not like I will be doing it all the time, but I wanted something amazing and worth the price.

Has anyone driven the Badlands and other trims? I would like to know if the ride is smoother on the BL compared to other trims. Yes, I know I can't get the high package on the base, BB, or BD, but will the ride also be rougher on the other trims? Also, are there still drain plugs on the other trims with carpet; i.e. can the carpet be removed? I guess I am really trying to decide if the other trims would be so much less capable than the BL. Thanks for any input.
Sure as hell ain't me. [snif, sniff] dealer has a mannequin that no one touches without gloves, etc. Love them for the promised $500 of MSRP, but... [snif]

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I opted for the BD fully loaded....I couldnt justify the extra 5-6k of the BL for just a sway bar disco I would never use. I love the 12 inch screen which would be the only reason I would go BL but not worth 6k to me considering I'm already at 50k.

TBH if I had to do it all over again, I would get the Wildtrack with the high package only comes out 1k more or so then a fully loaded BD. The only thing I hated about it though was the Glossy mirrors and grill. I drove one at the off roadeo and honestly it did great without the sway bar disco. I'm sure I could have replaced the mirrors and grill with the flat black version, but I already have my build date so cant switch.

BD with high package option would be the perfect Bronco! If Ford is listening....

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wildtrack has Sport mode, badlands does NOT!
but if he's looking at a BD w/squatch it has Sport, looses Baja though. Nothing has everything 🤷‍♂️

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
but if he's looking at a BD w/squatch it has Sport, looses Baja though. Nothing has everything 🤷‍♂️
Right, but I feel like most who consider WT or BL. It seems like those 2 are tied. Sim price and build specs. That’s all but good pt.

Sponsored

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I opted for the BD fully loaded....I couldnt justify the extra 5-6k of the BL for just a sway bar disco I would never use. I love the 12 inch screen which would be the only reason I would go BL but not worth 6k to me considering I'm already at 50k.

TBH if I had to do it all over again, I would get the Wildtrack with the high package only comes out 1k more or so then a fully loaded BD. The only thing I hated about it though was the Glossy mirrors and grill. I drove one at the off roadeo and honestly it did great without the sway bar disco. I'm sure I could have replaced the mirrors and grill with the flat black version, but I already have my build date so cant switch.

BD with high package option would be the perfect Bronco! If Ford is listening....
Completely agree with the perfect Bronco! However, that stock stereo is awful IMO. Having an option to just upgrade the audio (like in the wranglers) would be nice, but Ford is doing a good job at upselling.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I suspect someone will figure out the Baja program pretty quick and make it available to download. He could also buy a wild track pcm and install on a BD saving 5k or so.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wildtrack has Sport mode, badlands does NOT!
BD has Sport mode, wash out floors, modular bumper etc. Mine has the mid package and I can't imagine needing anything more. My 2018 240i doesn't have Apple CarPlay which I really like in the Bronco.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Completely agree with the perfect Bronco! However, that stock stereo is awful IMO. Having an option to just upgrade the audio (like in the wranglers) would be nice, but Ford is doing a good job at upselling.
Who listens to the radio anymore. I use Spotify and it sounds great imo, and my other car has a fabulous stereo, so I'm used to great sound.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No one seems to be answering OPs main question. He keeps asking which suspension is best when he is planning to get SAS no matter the model.

OP: ALL Sasquatched models have identical suspension. Badlands adds the sway disconnect, that's the only difference. A 2.7 base squatch will ride the same as a wildtrak. A BDsquatch rides the same as an OBsquatch as a BBsquatch. For on road manners, all squatches are identical. For offroad, every squatch except BL is identical, and sway disconnect isn't needed for all offroading, just rock crawling.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

No one seems to be answering OPs main question. He keeps asking which suspension is best when he is planning to get SAS no matter the model.

OP: ALL Sasquatched models have identical suspension. Badlands adds the sway disconnect, that's the only difference. A 2.7 base squatch will ride the same as a wildtrak. A BDsquatch rides the same as an OBsquatch as a BBsquatch. For on road manners, all squatches are identical. For offroad, every squatch except BL is identical, and sway disconnect isn't needed for all offroading, just rock crawling.
Exactly. I tried to say the same thing. Not as well put as yours.

Badlands suspension is better stock (non-sas) than all other trims, but SAS is all the same except disco included on Badlands as well.

tphigh2001

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500, Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this helps at all I drove an outer banks with squatch day one at off rodeo and got there early day two to get a badlands squatch (my build). Sway bar disconnect was awesome in the rocks and my wife
Loved it from passenger standpoint.
But! There was nothing there that really required the sway bar disconnect. Did perfectly fine in the outer banks.
it was nice to feel the difference. I am glad I got the badlands as I plan to learn and get in the rocks versus my previous mud, ruts etc? If not in rocks, wouldn’t spend the extra personally.
Sponsored