Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is great YouTube channel if you haven't seen any of his videos!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spooled

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

He really misrepresents the wrangler mpg, unfortunately.
Agree he should have stated that Jeep doesn't have separate ratings for trims like the Bronco does or that the Bronco has pretty aggressive axle ratios compared to the Jeep which affect highway fuel economy.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't think the gearing is hurting the hwy figures, I don't think the engines are spinning fast in top gear, maybe someone can fact check me. It's aerodynamics that kill the hwy numbers.
Agree he should have stated that Jeep doesn't have separate ratings for trims like the Bronco does or that the Bronco has pretty aggressive axle ratios compared to the Jeep which affect highway fuel economy.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have a 21 Wrangler Unlimited with the 3.6 and manual trans and 21 mpg is about the best I can get out of it, and that's on a 3 hour road trip. It's my wife's and she gets about 16 mpg, mostly short, in town runs. She MIGHT drive 10 miles a day.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't think the gearing is hurting the hwy figures, I don't think the engines are spinning fast in top gear, maybe someone can fact check me. It's aerodynamics that kill the hwy numbers.
I would disagree, from personal experience with the 2.7 Eco engine in my F150. My highway mileage is 22mpg in real life, although round town is 16-17. The 2016 crew cab F150 has the stock tires, 275/65R18. It has, however, the 3.55 axle, very mpg friendly! It has a 6 speed automatic.

The lower trim Broncos, without the rear lockers, have the go-to ford truck moderate towing axle, the 3.73. These are rated at 21 mpg Epa.

My OBX has the upgraded transfer case with the rear locker is speced with the 4.27 axle. This used to be used only in high capacity tow vehicles, but it is known to get worse mileage due to the low gears. Sure enough, my OBX is rated lower EPA due to this, running stock 32" tires.

But wait, there's more! The non-sasquatch Badlands has the 4.46 axle, but the 33" tires help a little. But, dig the Sasquatch Bronco. It runs 35" tires, but is geared with incredibly low 4.7 axle, and gets the worst mileage.

Of course, we'll all find out when we get our vehicles. But my current F150, more of a Brick than the Bronco, get much better (4mpg+) highway mileage right now, and its EPA rating us higher, as well. I believe its mostly the fault of the Broncos low gearing.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would disagree, from personal experience with the 2.7 Eco engine in my F150. My highway mileage is 22mpg in real life, although round town is 16-17. The 2016 crew cab F150 has the stock tires, 275/65R18. It has, however, the 3.55 axle, very mpg friendly! It has a 6 speed automatic.

The lower trim Broncos, without the rear lockers, have the go-to ford truck moderate towing axle, the 3.73. These are rated at 21 mpg Epa.

My OBX has the upgraded transfer case with the rear locker is speced with the 4.27 axle. This used to be used only in high capacity tow vehicles, but it is known to get worse mileage due to the low gears. Sure enough, my OBX is rated lower EPA due to this, running stock 32" tires.

But wait, there's more! The non-sasquatch Badlands has the 4.46 axle, but the 33" tires help a little. But, dig the Sasquatch Bronco. It runs 35" tires, but is geared with incredibly low 4.7 axle, and gets the worst mileage.

Of course, we'll all find out when we get our vehicles. But my current F150, more of a Brick than the Bronco, get much better (4mpg+) highway mileage right now, and its EPA rating us higher, as well. I believe its mostly the fault of the Broncos low gearing.
What speed is your f150 engine spinning at 60mph in top gear, and same for the bronco?

If you had a 3.73 rear in a first edition bronco, it wouldn't get any better hwy mpg because it would never be in top gear.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Vehicles like this are not bought for the fuel economy, you want to be a tree hugger, get a Prius :ROFLMAO: .

The independent front suspension makes more sense compared to the Jeeps antiquated technology. What color blue is this one? I don't see it on the build and price?

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 100# wheel and 35” tire setup on the Sasquatch doesn’t help mileage at all. The stock Badlands 33” are 81#. I’d guess the stock base wheels and 30” tires are under 60#.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
18 vs 17 isn't really that much of a difference

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
looks like a 1st edition so lightning blue

Vehicles like this are not bought for the fuel economy, you want to be a tree hugger, get a Prius :ROFLMAO: .

The independent front suspension makes more sense compared to the Jeeps antiquated technology. What color blue is this one? I don't see it on the build and price?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 100# wheel and 35” tire setup on the Sasquatch doesn’t help mileage at all. The stock Badlands 33” are 81#. I’d guess the stock base wheels and 30” tires are under 60#.
81 lbs, so the BL wheels are 30 lb? Where did you find that? I was looking at some wheels that are 23lb, that's enough difference to feel.
Sponsored