First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Long and short of it is I have a 2 dr badlands coming tomorrow non sas and I’m looking for a lift. However I want a quality lift. Should I just go with spacers to fit 35’s until more options become available? Few options right now, so please let me know your thoughts. Sorry in advance if I missed it in the search function my internet abilities are weak.
Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would avoid spacers at all cost. Sure it’s cheap but again it’s cheap… we all spent 40K+ on our broncos, putting $120 spacers on seems like a disservice. Mishimoto makes great spacers which I used for mine. There are a few others out there but I can only speak from my personal experience.

OP
OP

Enis

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would avoid spacers at all cost. Sure it’s cheap but again it’s cheap… we all spent 40K+ on our broncos, putting $120 spacers on seems like a disservice. Mishimoto makes great spacers which I used for mine. There are a few others out there but I can only speak from my personal experience.
Yea I’d much prefer to avoid spacers. I don’t want to do any disservice to the bronco, I also don’t want to run on 33’s I’m coming from a power wagon on 37’s.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since there is almost no availability of actual coil over kits that offer lift and articulation right now, a spacer lift may have to get ya by for now.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there even any non spacer lift kits that are 0-2" for the non sas BL? The only one I know of is coming from Ford Performance that hasn't even been released yet.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there even any non spacer lift kits that are 0-2" for the non sas BL? The only one I know of is coming from Ford Performance that hasn't even been released yet.
I have the SVC perch collar lift. 2.25 front. 2 rear. Don't have to worry about messing up your pesky CVs either. Does not change the amount of articulation you have. Just adds a little preload to the spring. I have a non Sas Badlands.

Just in case... I also did the Bronco buster steering rack bushing and some tierod sleeves. 🙂
Ford Bronco Which lift did you choose and why? PSX_20220626_172524
Ford Bronco Which lift did you choose and why? IMG_20220626_075131_737

Ford Bronco Which lift did you choose and why? PSX_20220617_183813

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35's fit with no lift, even with the factory +55mm offset wheels, though a lower offset number will work a bit better.
The difference between BL and Squatch is less than an inch... like .6" if I recall.

Save the lift for when you jump up to 37's!!

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the SVC perch collar lift. 2.25 front. 2 rear. Don't have to worry about messing up your pesky CVs either. Does not change the amount of articulation you have. Just adds a little preload to the spring. I have a non Sas Badlands.

Just in case... I also did the Bronco buster steering rack bushing and some tierod sleeves. 🙂

Are those 35's? Looks awesome!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FastFastFast

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GLI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, 35x12.5x17 toyo at3's!

Thanks!
I really like the setup and it's what I'm leaning towards.

I'm ordering Asphalt Black, Fifteen52 Analog HD wheels and I'm torn between the perch collars or just doing a leveling kit and keeping the 33s for a while. This decision is haunting me. haha

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not received my 2D Badsquatch yet, so my comments are only speculative at this time.

Every other day I go back and forth on my plan, but in general I plan to add the GRT or similar perch collars, JKS tie rod sleeves & Kenda Klever RT 35’s or Baja Boss AT 37’s. I’ve had a set of RTR wheels in my garage for about a year.

Long term I’m interested in the Hoss 3.0 steering rack, tie rods and proper coilovers However my plan here is to wait and watch / research consumer experience as the aftermarket expands.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Avoid spacers, But I used spacers 🤣🤣

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4wd parts has adjustable coil overs that I believe adjust from 1”-3”.

the wife and I are both running RC 3.5” lift it’s spacers but also track bar relocate and a small differential drop, and new UCA’s. We are causal off roaders, sand dunes, orv park took hers all over the UP of Michigan in two tracks. Taking mine north this weekend for trail running. Haven’t had an issue yet. One thing for us is our dealer is a rough country installer and claim if they put the lift in they will take care of any warranty work(I’ve heard other having issues with lifts installed). Time will tell if that is true. Eventually when warranty and ext warranties are up we will go full coilovers. But by then these will be trail rigs/ kids cars and we’ll have newer wines for daily driving.

Last edited: