Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had intentions of lifting my badlands. Just back from Texas off rodeo. A guide makes this point. You can lift to fit 35 or 37” tires. But all the stuff on the bottom that will hang you up is lifted only 1 or 2”. Axle and front suspension. So I ask why spend the money.
Sponsored

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The only thing that doesn’t (directly) benefit from a suspension lift (on an IFS 6th gen) is your rear axle/diff which is only a small part of what you can/will get hung up on… Like you mentioned the rear axle only gets raised by half the increase in tire diameter. The rear axle follows your rear tires over stuff and you generally try not to straddle rocks anyway vs. putting a tire on them (for that reason among others). What does benefit is approach/departure angles as well as belly clearance between the front and rear tires (think Rock sliders). There’s a reason they make skid plates for the gas tank, t-case, tranmission, crossmembers, front diff/front lower, etc… all that stuff gets abused and all that stuff gets higher off the ground with a lift. Numerous benefits of a little added clearance and take it from my wife - you’d be surprised how big a difference 1-2 inches can make

Last edited:
OP
OP

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good points. Keep them coming.

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cause it looks cool.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better ground clearance
Need to clear larger tires
Can provide better articulation
Can provide a specific use case suspension
Increased approach & departure angles
Better visibility
Looks
So yeah, lots of reasons

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had intentions of lifting my badlands. Just back from Texas off rodeo. A guide makes this point. You can lift to fit 35 or 37” tires. But all the stuff on the bottom that will hang you up is lifted only 1 or 2”. Axle and front suspension. So I ask why spend the money.
and this is the major reason for using portals axles to do the lift. it moves exactly those components up

Sponsored

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because you need all the clearance you can get on certain trails. We will insert picture of a crazy person easily driving over rocks. Note a stock sas bronco would be high centered and not capable of doing this trail without being dragged.
Ford Bronco Why lift it? 1702311501010

Understand that at an Off Rodeo your on a pre-designed route specific to the bronco(not a trail, because routes are planned carnival rides). Real trails have obstacles that will get you no matter how built or good of a driver you are.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drove a non Sasquatch badlands at the Moab off Roadeo and dragged in many places that I never would have paid any attention to normally…3” lift is now in place on my sasquatch…37” in the future…

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll bet 95% of the people who lift are doing it for looks while they roll on the street 100% of the time (Christmas tree lots do not count as off-roading!). The Badlands is capable of handling 75% of the trails in Moab as it arrives straight from the factory. That's enough for me. For the 1% who would actually tackle the remaining 25%, they have a legitimate reason. :)

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks so much better!

BB24836F-7852-43F8-BC94-D349D9AE5332.jpeg

86606E68-9E03-4486-95FB-4A03B01FD123.jpeg
What lift and tires you running, I assume no spacers since you have aftermarket wheels? , looks great!
Sponsored