Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ya know, I get that there's a cost to ship/deliver. But you can't really sell the thing WITHOUT delivering it (not on a mass scale anyway). I just despise the fact that its separated out and called by name. Just include it in the price, since everyone is paying the same anyway.

It's just like these companies that started charging a "fuel surcharge" when gas was $4 a gallon. Just raise your prices an appropriate amount, because I know you aren't lowering them now that fuel is cheap again!
Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm so here for skipping the shipping fee if it meant taking factory delivery.
l know you know this:

Bad news - no factory delivery on Bronco.

More Bad News - if they ever do a factory delivery program and you pickup at the factory you still pay the full delivery charge! Ouch!

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is also the cost of inbound freight for every component that is not made in that particular factory. BFG and Goodyear are not sending Ford those tires gratas. There is not a single inch of movement that is free.
In reality this all should just be added to the final cost of sales but manufacturers want to show a lower base price.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else wondered why destination charges are so high? $1495... what do they get on a hauler... maybe 10 Broncos... more? Almost 15 grand to deliver a load of Broncos... i ship full trailer loads all over this country for a fraction of that. I live in Ga... I would think a dedicated truck from Michigan to Ga would be no more than $3500. Making good money on hauling these things. My brother used to haul Honda’s from Florida to all points on the east coast... never got that kind of money.

Simple answer Hawaii and Alaska...they balance the cost across the board and it includes more that just a truck delivering them to dealerships...

Think about the Ford dealers in Dearborn having to pay it with them made in their back yard...

RollTideFan

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta 2004 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is a flat rate for everyone. Considering the size and dimensions of the Bronco the standard car hauler (18 wheeler) could haul 8 base models with no options at best. You have to consider most of them have to be at 13'6 max hight with bridges and with a few sasquatch packages they would have to deflate the tires and the sasquatch package most likely could not be hauled on the bottom tier because of width. Yes I am a truck driver and yes I have hauled cars!
Sponsored