Sponsored

Waiting a year for a Bronco seemed OK. So why does 1.5yrs seem like sooo much longer?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since I didn't place a reservation until the end of August it looks like I'll be one of those who wouldn't see a build until Spring 2022. When I first talked to my wife about getting one I had naively thought it would be next summer or perhaps early fall. That was not ideal since we would miss having it for much of the local summer off-roading season. But waiting until spring 2022 feels like a loooong way off. Sure it's only another 6 months, but apparently my attention span has trouble stretching that far.

I can't help but wonder if there might be a significant number of people that won't end up ordering because of the long wait. That would lower Ford's 75% estimated conversion rate and could actually help move me forward.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the 75% conversion rate is wishful thinking. I have been wrong before though.
I would think 60% or so is more realistic.

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. No way they get 75% conversion. Plus people will continue to drop off even after they place actual orders; but of course new orders will come in for those just finding out about it.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree that the 75 conversion rate for reservations is to high but by the same token believe that Ford could sell that many if made available next year. Some people made two reservations, and some people simply can’t wait another year for a vehicle. I would say 50% conversions on existing greservations is more plausible.
Sponsored