Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 35's on my 4-door JK and would most likely want to go that way again but my dealer said that with my late reservation (November) and and wanting SAS it would put me into a 2022. We avoided the SAS, Painted top and other things so I could get a 2021. He said I should get it in October with what I ordered. They had slots for 61 Broncos and I'm at number 41. If I'm going to wait until 2022 to get it, I might as well go SAS. But I would forego the SAS if I can get it in October. Reading through the Forum and having a Nov reservation, does October seem out of the question?
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one including your dealer knows when anyone will get their Bronco until mid-May. If you don't have any of the deadly sin items anything is possible at this point.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know no more than anyone else and less than many, but I would guess with a Nov Res, you're probably a '22. And I'm non Sas, BUT I would say if you ever plan on going 35's go Sas, It has all the upgrades you would need for 35's plus more all with warranty at a reasonable price..

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hell I have a day 4 reservation with an 4 door Wildtrak with 5 of the deadly sins and not even planning on seeing mine until Christmas I'm thinking , if it comes sooner, then that's great.
Get what you want and let the chips fall were it maybe.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can't wait to see the looks on the faces of people that aren't capable of being patient when they see the first Bronco pass them. They be like this Subaru, Taco, etc.. sucks. Good things come to those who are wait!!! I be like later suckers!

jlj4660

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2023 Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a 6:59 AM reservation day after reveal. I am #105 out of 170 allocation at dealer. I have 3 of the "limited items" 2 door, Squatch and 2.7. I think i have about a 60 to 65 percent chance of getting a at least late 2021? This has been an experience ordering a vehicle that we have been waiting on now for years. Have ordered Ford trucks for years for my business and never seen anything like this. I heard recently Super Duty orders were closed for 2021

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 35's on my 4-door JK and would most likely want to go that way again but my dealer said that with my late reservation (November) and and wanting SAS it would put me into a 2022. We avoided the SAS, Painted top and other things so I could get a 2021. He said I should get it in October with what I ordered. They had slots for 61 Broncos and I'm at number 41. If I'm going to wait until 2022 to get it, I might as well go SAS. But I would forego the SAS if I can get it in October. Reading through the Forum and having a Nov reservation, does October seem out of the question?
Order Sasquatch now. You will kick yourself for not doing it.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say not to worry too much about it. If you have ordered a Non-Sas and you get it in 2021 great. If it gets pushed into 2022 you will have to change your order with the dealer anyway to a 2022 model and not a 2021. At that time you could change to the Sas.

Last edited:

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Order Sas now because if there are ongoing/rolling commodity constraints (specific to Sas parts), they will probably build those who ordered Sas in MY21 prior to using those limited parts to build for for those who ordered in MY22.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything is possible in this, and bottom line, no one knows yet.
Being a Nov reserve doesn't absolutely mean one way or the other.
If you don't have constrained parts list items and your dealer gets allocation that covers you for '21, then '21 it is, and no one knows when yet.
In my case I want and need a 21. Current vehicles I drive are allocated to soon-to-be drivers in the house. Day 1 reserve and "comfortably" within allocation according to my dealer.
If by some chance things don't work and I end up with a '22, then I can make it work for a few months more if need be.
And in both our cases it would open up some more options and colors available, along with the GVWR-rack situation being a non-issue...
So silver lining to both.
Option A we get them this year, get to driving earlier.
Option B we get a model year later with more options.
In your case Option B gives you the things you had to compromise on plus potential for more...and me personally I am not going to compromise (other than the color I want) on a 50-60K vehicle I am waiting on for well over a year.
I recommend everyone do what works for them, in their situation. But in the end don't shortchange what you want in it or out of it.
If you do, you'll be less happy making that payment, always wondering if you made the right call, wondering about the cost to retrofit/add what you left out to get it 2-6 months earlier...
Just my opinion.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do not trust any dealer that tries to give you an estimated delivery date. He should have said... we'll know more when Ford provides the estimate until then I don't know.

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say not to worry too much about it. If you have ordered Non-Sas and you get it in 2021 great. If it gets pushed into 2022 you will have change your order with the dealer anyway to a 2022 model and not a 2021. At that time to could change to the Sas.
This is the bottom line.
Sponsored