Sponsored

How does Ford let something like this happen!?!?!?!

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Below is just one example of the many others that I have found... How does Ford let something like this happen!?!?!?!

I've found tons of post of individuals who had the exact same or very similar builds as mine who had February/March build weeks that already have their Broncos (Congrats... no shade on the lucky ones) before the many of us who had January build weeks... there is no rhyme or reason?!?!?!

I'm certain nobody here really knows the answer (unless Ford is looking at these forums) but I'm curious and more that just a little frustrated

Cheers my fellow Bronco6Gers

Bad Ford 001.png
My sympathy meter has run out man sorry. I ordered before you and still have an "in production" status since my blend date of 3/18/22. As Michaelangelo said: "It'll be done, when it's done"
Sponsored

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My sympathy meter has run out man sorry. I ordered before you and still have an "in production" status since my blend date of 3/18/22. As Michaelangelo said: "It'll be done, when it's done"
I feel ya... I hope yours is done sooner than later... Good Luck Bro

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge st and a 2017 Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

^^^^This right here. Ford didn't let it happen, they made it happen with their moves to pacify their mega dealers. Ford has proven they couldn't care less about the folks that buy their vehicles. Sux I know, but there it is.................Good luck, I hope your build gets pulled soon.
what about when you get no communications and your a day one order holder waiting on a my21 and you work for a mega dealer? What is the answer to that because I cannot get a straight answer either?

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I feel ya... I hope yours is done sooner than later... Good Luck Bro
You and me both brother. Its been a ride this last 1 year, 12 days, 6 hours, and 15 min. :oops:

Sponsored

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What does it matter, didn't they just promise all those Ice Mountain Broncos will be shipped by today.
they promised all 2021's on icemountain would be shipped today

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
mine was built 12/5/21 and is a my21 so I definitely feel your pain
Damn Bro... MY21? Now that really sucks and totally unacceptable no matter what the Ford apologist say (no offense to those guys but I can't fathom who could be defending Ford in cases like ours)

I know its no conciliation but obviously you are not alone... Good Luck bigedizzle

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Damn Bro... MY21? Now that really sucks and totally unacceptable no matter what the Ford apologist say (no offense to those guys but I can't fathom who could be defending Ford in cases like ours)

I know its no conciliation but obviously you are not alone... Good Luck bigedizzle
Plus I work for a top ford dealership. I am the running joke here lol. Especially when I sell allkinds of 2022 broncos.
It will come one day and I was always told good things come to those who wait. So I shall wait, although waiting sucks it is all I got.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
they can keep the system going and keep the masses happy.
I think what you meant, is keep the assembly line moving, thus preventing Ford from losing millions of dollars, and preventing a "log-jam" of supplier parts that are all synchronized around JIT manufacturing??

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think what you meant, is keep the assembly line moving, thus preventing Ford from losing millions of dollars, and preventing a "log-jam" of supplier parts that are all synchronized around JIT manufacturing??
Precisely. It’s a snowball effect, they are losing money (insurance + inventory + parts OH + non-sold units etc) when they just sit on a lot, so they have to keep manufacturing to offset the money they already paid and didn’t make money on, and to keep paying for the line running. It’s actually a little mind blowing when you think about it. It’s really just a giant Ponzi scheme in a sense.

Sponsored

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appears to be a Dealership allocation issue.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I dont want to defend Ford as blameless here, because they've definitely had their missteps, but It cant simply be first in, first out. There are too many variables and scenarios. Keep in mind, a "Similar" build, is not an "Exact" build. Everything from the color paint to the screen size in the dash matters.

Lets take a hypothetical Wildtrack with Lux & Tow Order from 2021 for instance.

Ford may have everything it takes to assemble the WT except the Tow Package, BUT they have everything they need to build a different WT without the Tow Package, however that order was only placed 3 months ago. The winner is clearly the one without the tow package and suddenly we have a lucky customer that only waited 3 months.

Now... assume the next month they have the Tow package, but they used the last WildTrack fender badge on the WT that they sold in the paragraph above... This time, they go ahead and put the Tow package on an Outer Banks instead... and the next time they get around to your build, maybe they are out of the Tow Package again... or something else.

Unfortunately, it does mean that whoever is waiting on the Wildtrack might get skipped 10 times for 10 different items that stop the build from happening. (even as stupid as the fender badge)

Not to mention the fact that dealers play a part in this as well and have control of Priority Codes. If you're a priority 19 and a similar build is priority 10, you lose out again, which is why I say that people should make friends with someone at the dealership and not be so quick to leave bad reviews.

The logistics behind all of this are massive.

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont want to defend Ford as blameless here, because they've definitely had their missteps, but It cant simply be first in, first out. There are too many variables and scenarios. Keep in mind, a "Similar" build, is not an "Exact" build. Everything from the color paint to the screen size in the dash matters.

Lets take a hypothetical Wildtrack with Lux & Tow Order from 2021 for instance.

Ford may have everything it takes to assemble the WT except the Tow Package, BUT they have everything they need to build a different WT without the Tow Package, however that order was only placed 3 months ago. The winner is clearly the one without the tow package and suddenly we have a lucky customer that only waited 3 months.

Now... assume the next month they have the Tow package, but they used the last WildTrack fender badge on the WT that they sold in the paragraph above... This time, they go ahead and put the Tow package on an Outer Banks instead... and the next time they get around to your build, maybe they are out of the Tow Package again... or something else.

Unfortunately, it does mean that whoever is waiting on the Wildtrack might get skipped 10 times for 10 different items that stop the build from happening. (even as stupid as the fender badge)

Not to mention the fact that dealers play a part in this as well and have control of Priority Codes. If you're a priority 19 and a similar build is priority 10, you lose out again, which is why I say that people should make friends with someone at the dealership and not be so quick to leave bad reviews.

The logistics behind all of this are massive.
Thanks for that insight.

I don’t doubt the logistics of manufacturing cars is expensive, complicated and not without risks but that’s what they are in the business of doing

I am sorry but there is NO SCENARIO that justifies how they handled my situation or thoughts even worse (MY21)… This is a complete failure of accountability, management, manufacturing, customer service, marketing, communications, technology, etc, etc, etc

Again I appreciate your perspective…. this was exactly why I posted my question in the first place.

Last edited:

Mustardbones

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley-Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah there seems to be no rhyme or reason. When we ordered a badlands in sept2021, we thought sure, what ever 1 year wait ok.
To our surprise it was built in dec2021, and delivered in jan2022. We went to pick it up and the wife was not happy with the build quality.
it looked rushed and imperfect seat stitching etc. She said screw it, if I’m paying 60k, it better be near perfect. So she turned it down, and re-ordered.
now we have heard nothing at all . Nobody knows anything. So this time we’re really not expecting anything till at least2023.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We need to keep beating this dead horse until Ford fulfils their promise of building Broncos for all reservation holders (perferrablly before the year 2027).
Sponsored