Sponsored

How does Ford let something like this happen!?!?!?!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Welcome to the world of the 12/6ers. Ice Mountain plank holders...
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright, alright... I get it...

Deal with it...
Been said/asked before...
Search previous post memes....
Who knows, who cares....
Etc, etc, etc...

I was just letting off some steam...

Much thanks for thoughts with supportive and constructive feedback

Good luck to the rest of us stuck on dirt, ice, spring, summer, fall mountain
I felt your pain bro ... 2 1/2 months on the original Dirt Mountain .... and I was a short stay!

The frustration is indescribable... it was the worst part if the whole waiting experience.

Ford has the missing modules now or else the line wouldn’t be running
Absolutely NOT true.
They will not stop the line except as a last resort.
Also, the X - Mountained Broncos will only ship when there is an excess of the needed part above what the line requires. The line will always be first priority.

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not when there is only one entrance/exit. Without a way or method to move yesterday's arrivals out of the way of last month's then which vehicle is going to get released first?
Wait... why wouldn't there be a way or method? You would think one of the largest car manufactures in the world could figure out how to move cars around effectively.

But as others have stated, more than likely Ford really does not care... they know we will all grin and bear it and forget this all happened once we get our Broncos.

Thanks JohnnyBronco for your feedback.

Oh and to the others who cast shade... yes, I'm sharing my feels; isn't this one of reasons we come to forums like this? Is it not just to share facts and details but to express ourselves (good and bad) to a like minded community. If I wanted snark and trolls I would go to Twitter... anyways, props to my fellow Bronco6Gs

Last edited:

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
What does it matter, didn't they just promise all those Ice Mountain Broncos will be shipped by today.

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No... OP asked why did Ford let a system build identical builds to his and send them to people who ordered/reserved after him. My answer is absolutely spot on the answer. It is because Ford set up the system to drive orders to Ford's preferred dealers by not servicing other people. Perhaps you were reading the wrong post?
No, what OP is wondering is why Ford isn't moving vehicles from Ice Mountain before shipping vehicles built afterward. I think you're suffering from PTSD because you're framing everything through the allocation issues mentioned in other subs...but not here. I'm trying to be nice as you're complaining about something that isn't the point of OP's post. Ignore if you want, I guess.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What does it matter, didn't they just promise all those Ice Mountain Broncos will be shipped by today.
they apparently promised the 21's will be out by today but i was build date 1/19 and am a 22 and it's radio silence from ford

Squatch2022?

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there is some glimmer of hope I too have been on Ice Mountain blend date of 01/25 modules and tear tag updated on 1/28 and this morning I just happened to check the tracker and mine is showing built yesterday awaiting shipment expected to arrive April 18th to 24th so now if shipping can just work out and go smoothly I would love for them to just meet one deadline just one! I was originally a Nov 2020 reservation had to convert order to a 2022 in October dropped hard top.

Ford Bronco How does Ford let something like this happen!?!?!?! Screenshot_20220331-092416_Chrome

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes it sucks, but I confused about your comment about exacts or similar builds. In your example one is a Black Diamond and One is a Bad lands. It also give no mention of options selected or packages selected and reservation timestamp for the builds in question above.

I'm all for hanging Ford out to dry on this issue , as a day one reservation hold still waiting on Bronco. But let's give specifics not vague references.
Hey gryphon1231

I used this particular screenshot as it was the most stark side by side example of a tracker comparison.

But, as I mentioned in my original post I have found many examples of the exact build as mine. These examples stated in the post, bio or footer their confirmed, production, built, shipped, etc. dates but they did not provide a tracker pic. Again, the screenshot was to illustrate the point.

Thanks for the question and the opportunity to clarify...

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey there is some glimmer of hope I too have been on Ice Mountain blend date of 01/25 modules and tear tag updated on 1/28 and this morning I just happened to check the tracker and mine is showing built yesterday awaiting shipment expected to arrive April 18th to 24th so now if shipping can just work out and go smoothly I would love for them to just meet one deadline just one! I was originally a Nov 2020 reservation had to convert order to a 2022 in October dropped hard top.

Ford Bronco How does Ford let something like this happen!?!?!?! Screenshot_20220331-092416_Chrome
CONGRATS Squatch2022?

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No... OP asked why did Ford let a system build identical builds to his and send them to people who ordered/reserved after him. My answer is absolutely spot on the answer. It is because Ford set up the system to drive orders to Ford's preferred dealers by not servicing other people. Perhaps you were reading the wrong post?

So, they should have focused their resources on the smaller communities that do not buy a lot of their products? Sure. Great idea. Is it fair? Not my place to say. But if your business makes most of its revenue by dealership "A" compared to dealership "B", wouldn't you pay more attention to the first dealership?

By the same logic of "they shouldn't have built more.." Then perhaps they shouldn't have put a product out at all since there's a part shortage, right?

Sponsored
OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, they should have focused their resources on the smaller communities that do not buy a lot of their products? Sure. Great idea. Is it fair? Not my place to say. But if your business makes most of its revenue by dealership "A" compared to dealership "B", wouldn't you pay more attention to the first dealership?

By the same logic of "they shouldn't have built more.." Then perhaps they shouldn't have put a product out at all since there's a part shortage, right?
Sorry Bronco-saurs but that's way off...

From the jump Ford stated that your place in line was based on your reservation not which dealership and actually my dealer was assigned by Ford based on my address (I assume)... yes anyone could have changed the dealership based on preference but that should have nothing to do with your reservation spot... again as stated by Ford themselves

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure but shouldn’t it be first in first out… the later builds have the same modules but they can be built in a day???
Putting the modules in on the assembly line is probably lot easier. They keep the line workers productive and have a small number of folks out on ice mountain doing the retrofits. It Sucks. Good luck - hope you get yours asap.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Except, Ford paused production
More than once for a couple weeks at a time last year when they didn’t have MIC tops or enough of one part or another.
Additionally, Ford isn’t supposed to schedule a build date unless they have all the parts available. Why they continued to just crank out thousands of builds, knowing they didn’t have all the parts and were going to sit in lots for months is beyond calculated greed….It’s callous and irresponsible.
If Ford went ahead with the build week with the knowledge that they didn't have chips, we're in complete agreement...totally irresponsible. But if parts were defective or a vendor underdelivered on their commitment, then this is an unplanned event.

They did stop production for a week, which, if they were out of chips, is the responsible thing to do. Don't need 2,000 more undeliverable Broncos.

Agree that Ford's communication is sorely lacking. It took them months to fess up on both the top and chip issues. The entire world knew what the issues were before Ford said a word.

I don't know if you are stuck on the mountain, but if you are, I can't imagine the frustration. Especially for those who have an early reservation and are seeing February 2022 orders getting EDDs before theirs. The whole thing is a sh*t show.

DogHauler

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr 2023 Black Diamond 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It certainly has been an entertaining learning experience dealing with any automaker recently. I learned one valuable lesson, I will NEVER order another vehicle, I will buy off the lot if possible, or buy late model used, but no more orders from me.

OP
OP
PapaMaxis

PapaMaxis

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Putting the modules in on the assembly line is probably lot easier. They keep the line workers productive and have a small number of folks out on ice mountain doing the retrofits. It Sucks. Good luck - hope you get yours asap.
Thanks bro... I agree that they are likely doing what is easier and most profitable but it doesn't make it right or even a good business practice. Trust me I am not being naive here

BUT, as many of the my fellow Ice Mountain captives can attest, Ford as done practically NOTHING to communicate, empathize or alleviate our concerns over our situation... that definitely if NOT a good business practice

Thanks again
Sponsored