Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there’s mixed emotions on Doug’s video’s here, but thought it was interesting to post this especially on an off-road forum. And as many of us are looking to sell our current vehicles to pay for our new Bronco’s :)

Sponsored

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish Harley owners could grasp this.
"AH PUT NAHN TAIN ENCH APES, AN A SCREAMIN AYGLE STAYJ FAHVE KYIT. THATS PAHPS, CAMS, CORB, JUGS, AN HAYDS! THAT INCREASED IT AN EXTRA TWENNY GRAN TO THE VALUE!"

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can and have watched Doug for hours. I do notice a few inaccuracies when he reviews a vehicle I'm familiar with.

I wish Harley owners could grasp this.
"AH PUT NAHN TAIN ENCH APES, AN A SCREAMIN AYGLE STAYJ FAHVE KYIT. THATS PAHPS, CAMS, CORB, JUGS, AN HAYDS! THAT INCREASED IT AN EXTRA TWENNY GRAN TO THE VALUE!"
That's not far off! I happen to own a HD right now and have seen plenty of this mentality. It's also an objectively terrible bike, more so when you figure in the costs, and I can't wait to get back to metrics. HD fanbois also have plenty of uncreative insults if you mention you aren't in love with your HD and want to upgrade.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that guy Jay Leno's nephew?

Sponsored

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can and have watched Doug for hours. I do notice a few inaccuracies when he reviews a vehicle I'm familiar with.

That's not far off! I happen to own a HD right now and have seen plenty of this mentality. It's also an objectively terrible bike, more so when you figure in the costs, and I can't wait to get back to metrics. HD fanbois also have plenty of uncreative insults if you mention you aren't in love with your HD and want to upgrade.
I have a bone stock 2007 Street Bob. Only 45,000 miles and still running strong.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My only real issue with Doug's videos is that he repeats the same thing seven or eight times. Moves onto a different point then comes back and repeats the same thing another three or four times.

If he could learn how to be more succinct and to the point, I would enjoy his enthusiasm and knowledge a bit more.

Typically there's good info buried in there, but the lede is usually pretty deep.

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much hate on this forum for Doug lol. I love his videos - Is he a bit over the top sometimes? Yes, but I’d rather hate someone who’s energetic talking about these vehicles than some boring plug.

And I’ve seen so many vehicles I’ve never seen or heard of before too.

He also gives kudo’s to the new Bronco on his video on his new Land Rover Defender, so everyone here should love him for that alone… :LOL:

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This subject reminds of the saying around collector cars. "Buy the other guy's restoration and get the car for free".

Sponsored

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
His points are spot on.

He left out the most important point that users mod to expand capability, collectors collect to retain/archive, rarely using at or beyond capability.

Archivists make terrible track/trail buddies.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes, the shoes fit.
Do you own HD branded clothing too?
Just a couple pairs of gloves (~15yrs old), a half helmet, and whatever schwag dealerships have given me.

The amount of modifications I've done to my Harleys has steadily declined over the years, because few things are worth it.

*Also, the struggle to find 8 inch heels in size 12 is real.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel like I should point out the fact that if you care about a cars value or monetary worth, you are lame and dont get the point of a cool car anyways. You(in the general sense, not anyone in particular) should probably buy a Kia or perhaps a Tesla if you just have to spend your money. A motorhead, gear junky, or hotrodder(the proper kind) doesnt modify their car for anyon. They only ever sell it because they tire of it or have succeeded or failed to build it according to their dreams. The only thought they have of money is if they need it for the next project. Its a personal lifestyle choice to spend everyday dreaming of or working on your cars. I really only seriously think of 2 things in life, my wife, and my cars. I also think of pizza but only when I hunger. If you are concerned with value and recouping it at all cost , then you might aswell be collecting Hummels or busts, or paintings. Because you arent really a car person, you are a purveyor of greed, not speed.

I take these things seriously, a gear change is a religous experience every bit as moving as playing frisbee barefoot and never letting the disc touch the ground.

I have spoken.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This guy's hand speaking game is on point. Demuro definitely Eye-talian. I might be a little jealous.
Sponsored