Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2015 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been to Moab many times for hiking / MTB / off-roading and absolutely love Moab. However I'm not planning on going there for off-roadeo.

The main reason I'm going to off-roadeo is to get my wife seat time and her comfortable behind the wheel so the Bronco can be a shared experience when we wheel in NC / TN area. Unfortunately the terrain in Moab is nothing like what we have here.

We're targeting the NH off-roadeo as the terrain appears to be the most similar to what she'll experience here.

Having said that - If you go on a big hike / ride / day there's nothing better than eating the M.O.A.B. (Mother of All Burritos) at Miguel's Baja Grill downed with a margarita on the rocks.
Yeah, I'm in the same position. Been to MOAB a few times and it's wonderful, but it doesn't match the mud of where I live. Even though I'll be the primary driver, I'm looking more to get my wife some wheel time in a safe, similar environment with people teaching and her not feeling like she'll ruin our new Bronco.
Sponsored

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MOAB is extremely HOT till the end of September.….if you like dry heat go now thru September….

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All - I'm looking to knock out one of the Off-Rodeo's this Fall (live in FL), and Moab seemed like it'd be one the more challenging locations to visit. That being said, I keep seeing on the forums that everyone seems to rank Moab last or aren't that interested. Any reason, why? Am I missing something?

For what it's worth, this will be my first time off-roading,
It is harder to get to and more expensive if you are flying. I am in Oklahoma and always drive. So much more outdoor stuff to do in Moab though. You can do some wheeling on your own. Hiking, Great MTB trails, and Arches is right there. hot right now, but so is Austin.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why I booked in November...

I literally had Delta/Red Cliffs/Offroadeo registration sites up. As soon as I finalized a date the lodge would be booked already... I spent about an hour and a half switching dates and flight seats for 3 people around...
When were you trying to schedule to go down, and what level of room?
I managed to snag a queen two room cabin for one night and the executive suite for the next night. I guess I got lucky. Too bad my luck doesn't hold with scheduling as I still have no VIN.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I hope Moab turns out to be a blast because I'm locked in with all the plans.

I thought doing real trails would be more fun than pre-designed ones but I guess we'll see. I watched that video of the trail in Texas and although looked fun, didnt look at all like a challenge.

I would hope that Moab includes some rock crawling, however minor, after all... it's Moab.

Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When were you trying to schedule to go down, and what level of room?
I managed to snag a queen two-room cabin for one night and the executive suite for the next night. I guess I got lucky. Too bad my luck doesn't hold with scheduling as I still have no VIN.
Ideally, we were trying to get booked in September. I have 2 buddies coming along, and one was making a trip already in August. The only option for a Thurs-Sunday stay that was open at Red Cliffs (We could have booked an Airbnb, but the resort looked too neat to pass up) was at the beginning of November.

We booked 3 of the king suites. It was quite a morning of adjusting flights, off-roadeo dates, and the rooms, lol.

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Booked a trip to Moab because of the off roadeo. Can’t wait!

mkarr315

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be attending Moab Offroadeo in November, will be doing the bronco off-roadeo Friday November 5th. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend the following day (Saturday November 6th) under one of the arches in Arches National Park. I am trying to see if anyone else will also be going to Arches National Park on Saturday the 6th who can take pictures for me as it is just us two going. We will be staying at the Red Cliffs Lodge and will have a rental car if anyone wants to join us going to Arches Saturday is more than welcome.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I booked NV for travel options and ease period. I wanted to do NH, but that wasnt going to work, Moab would be awesome, but I would again have to take like a week off work to really get there and enjoy it.

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Speaking with someone very familiar with every location, Moab is on public trails, something they were not super thrilled with. Going to be a different experience than the 3 private/controlled locations.
Since they are public trails (managed by the Bureau of Land Management), Ford will need an event permit. That permit can include exclusive rights to those trails for the duration of the permit (similar to what Red Rock 4Wheelers do for the annual Easter Jeep Safari). However, since I don’t know what Ford has arranged, I can’t say for sure that will be the case.

I was planning to attend the Moab rodeo, but decided not to simply because I should have my Bronco by mid August and live only 3-1/2 hours from Moab—so why pay for something I can go do for free.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't really looked yet, as I won't be going until sometime next year, but I'll most likely will pick Vegas. Easy and affordable to get to if I don't have my own Bronco yet, otherwise I'll drive there on a multi day trip via Mono Lake and Lone Pine, maybe through Death Valley depending on when I end up going. That's one of the trips I have planned anyway, camp on public land, explore some abandoned mines, visit a ghost town or two. It's also going to be more the kind of landscape I'll be mostly exploring, high desert in the sierras etc. I'm not really a fan of mud and will avoid it as much as possible.
Moab is great and also on my drive to w/o hitting freeways where possible list, but I've probably driven at least some of the trails they might use. I'll definitely take my own Bronco back there, run Fins'nThings again and Hell's Revenge plus some of the other trails I have not explored yet, White Rim etc.
The other two location don't interest me all that much.

The one day format suits me fine, learn some things and try them out the next day in my own ride.

By the way, how long do we have time to book this? A year after delivery or after order? I have to see what my son's college schedule will look like, would love to take him along as my guest, if we can work it out.

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be attending Moab Offroadeo in November, will be doing the bronco off-roadeo Friday November 5th. I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend the following day (Saturday November 6th) under one of the arches in Arches National Park. I am trying to see if anyone else will also be going to Arches National Park on Saturday the 6th who can take pictures for me as it is just us two going. We will be staying at the Red Cliffs Lodge and will have a rental car if anyone wants to join us going to Arches Saturday is more than welcome.
That's awesome! What a great place to do that!

I won't be out there until the week after but I'm sure someone who posted they're going that week will help a Bronco family member out!
Sponsored