Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope

Maybe on this forum because we are diehards but the average public much like today’s society has the attention span of a dog chasing a squirrel...
Many have moved on already..
I was thinking as all this rolled out yesterday that this has to be great for Peugot...for folks who don't care about shimmying down the highway at 70.
Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are happy taking the chance that a dealer is going to have what you want in stock then there is no point in ordering.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
7/15 res here (tho I reserved late 7/14) with 4 commodity constrained and/or late items in my order. My strategy is simple
  1. Order it next week
  2. Find out in May when it's being built and its projected delivery time frame
  3. If the date is way late, like 2022, then I'm going to add a buncha shit I was gonna get anyway down the road, to my order. Gonna be late anyway so might as well go all in. Plus I'd have a much larger down payment if it's 2022
  4. If my date is in the Sept to Nov range, keep it "as-is" and rejoice I'm not bumped to 2022 purgatory

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Could early reservation holders here please NOT order sasquatch, leather, 2.7L or lux?

Thanks!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
7/15 res here (tho I reserved late 7/14) with 4 commodity constrained and/or late items in my order. My strategy is simple
  1. Order it next week
  3. If the date is way late, like 2022, then I'm going to add a buncha shit I was gonna get anyway down the road, to my order. Gonna be late anyway so might as well go all in. Plus I'd have a much larger down payment if it's 2022
  4. If my date is in the Sept to Nov range, keep it "as-is" and rejoice I'm not bumped to 2022 purgatory
This is my thoughts...
Going to be. Late delivery why not get what
You want with the delay.
I for one don’t get the mentality of changing exactly what one wants just to speed up delivery..
Then regret it later...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. Order it next week
Exactly what I had worked out in my head....

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my thoughts...
Going to be. Late delivery why not get what
You want with the delay.
I for one don’t get the mentality of changing exactly what one wants just to speed up delivery..
Then regret it later...
You may have misread me. I'm getting what I want at order time. Its fully decked out. But there's a buncha other shit I don't need day 1 like rooftop tent, tailgate (which is my22 anyway), fishing pole box, etc, that I was going to use Ford points for or pay cash to get down the line. But if my vehicle will be a my22 anyway (which I'll find out in May), then I'm ordering all of those things straight from the factory.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Vigor
Same approach here. However, I have a lease extension that could only get me through 8/28/21. What to do....what to do...

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may have misread me. I'm getting what I want at order time. Its fully decked out. But there's a buncha other shit I don't need day 1 like rooftop tent, tailgate (which is my22 anyway), fishing pole box, etc, that I was going to use Ford points for or pay cash to get down the line. But if my vehicle will be a my22 anyway (which I'll find out in May), then I'm ordering all of those things straight from the factory.
No misread
I get what ur saying.
What I’m saying is I’m getting what I want at order time with the attitude I don’t give a shit if it delays my delivery time..
I’m not going to play the game and change my wants just to get my bronco
Sooner..

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's super tough. What's your res date and tell me you're getting a big bend
Day 1. I am #10 of my dealer's 39 allocations (152 reservations). But I want an OBX 2.7L lux leather sasquatch. so not sure what that means. I could skirt by for a month of two into September or October, but if we're talking about January +, that make's it a lot more difficult.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Day 1. I am #10 of my dealer's 39 allocations (152 reservations). But I want an OBX 2.7L lux leather sasquatch. so not sure what that means. I could skirt by for a month of two, but if we're talking about January, that make's it a lot more difficult.
Yeah similar build as mine. A big unknown right now.

The activity rate on these forums are gonna be high next few weeks as people place their orders, then die down. Then March when the b&p is updated it'll spike again. But they will EXPLODE in May when people find out their timeline for delivery!!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Say, Ford converts 40-50%ish of 195,000 reservations. That's roughly 76-97,000 trucks. If they can get 60-70,000 out by December for MY21 that's just a few more months to get the remaining balance for MY22. This 70-75% conversion estimate is a pipe dream. I get why they're using it. Paint the worst possible picture and then be the hero when you can over deliver.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am hoping Ford is working worst case scenarios.....so if immunizations work well, supply chain fills, production bumps to 15-20k per month....maybe just maybe I'll see my Bronco in time to ride topless next summer. Late summer.
Sponsored