Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why are they getting rid of their Wildtrak.? When they figure out they got an empty spot in the row of hero switches.!! Remove my Badlands fender badges.?? Not on your life.! I have to hide the smirk when I see people ogling my fender badges. :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Resized_20220914_104549_1823.jpeg
It’s me, I’m people! 😂 I have a bronco on order and haven’t had a chance to test drive one yet, so I’ve been doing a ton of research while I await and getting very personal with their badges when parked. I also whole heartedly agree that people buy what they want and not necessarily based on their lifestyle. It’s me again! Hoping to test drive one soon before committing to a dream. 😅
Sponsored

MEDISN

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That makes total sense. Most people seem to purchase a Bronco as a fashion accessory - they live in an urban or suburban environment and want to project an image. In reality, they’d be better served by a family oriented SUV or minivan.
If that "image" is FUN, then yes. Our WT is an extra vehicle. We have family car (Escalade) and fun (sports) cars. We've had Range Rovers and CTS-V but those didn't offer open air experience. In SoCal the top is off 9 months out of the year. Surf boards on top, banging around beach town - way fun. Few vehicles offer this experience. The WT is relatively inexpensive for this area, cheap to own, maintain, insure but offers enough creature comfort and safety features for the family. I am not a Ford guy to be clear but even I was impressed by the WT.

Pygar

Wildtrak
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak; 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mind you, it shouldn't require the customer to sort it out, but you can improve it dramatically. The wind noise was my primary problem with the 2021, and it was next level horrible in the beginning. Thankfully my 2023 is much quieter and gives me a good baseline.

The cheap plastics on the interior do scratch way too easily, but it is at the end of the day an off-road truck. The interior otherwise is actually pretty good, it doesn't rattle or take away from the driving experience, it comes apart quickly and easily, and affordable upgrades can be made to mitigate the shortcomings (a nice padded center rest was $20 and metal door pockets were $30, for example).
I've seen so many different 'fixes' for the wind noise, not really sure what to trust or where to start, but for the price point Ford should be addressing these problems.

I also upgraded several of the plastic pieces with aftermarket aluminum and leather trims. To your point the cost to do so isn't much, but again should have been addressed by Ford at the price point compared to other off-road vehicles at the premium price.

Aaron james

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it worth it for me to trade my 2022 badlands 2.7 sas with 15 k miles for a 24 wildtrak with hardtop and the hoss 3.0

Sponsored

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it worth it for me to trade my 2022 badlands 2.7 sas with 15 k miles for a 24 wildtrak with hardtop and the hoss 3.0
Depends on the trade in value..

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The Bronco is not for everyone but it must appeal to a broader segment than the hardcore off roaders or off roaders in general. There would be no Wrangler or Bronco in that case as there would not be enough units sold to justify their existence. These trucks spend the majority of their lives maybe all of their lives on road. Some have said they should buy something else. if you want 4A go buy an AWD Subaru. If they do that the production line will be closed in a year or two.

There are a lot of reasons people bail on there rides. Cost, gas, not what they expected but rather than shoot the messenger, some of these people should be addressed.

In my case I have ordered a 2024 OBX non-Sasquatch. It is nearly my perfect ride but inexplicably they prevent me from paying for 4A as I was able to do in 2023. It is not a cost issue and waiting is the Bronco middle name. 4A is ideal for the majority of Broncos on the road but the last place you can get it. My wife will be taking her Subaru in bad weather days in order to not deal with hopping between 2H and 4H. That is not acceptable to me for the GOAT truck. I would likely be in my OBX a long time but the missing 4A might see it in the used lot sooner or even canceled if what I want in a 2023 comes by.
The new 23 Sequoia doesn't have 4A either... which is crazy because that SUV is not a hard core offroader with that low ground clearance, fat-ass body, and various bits hanging off. Wasn't a fan of it and was ecstatic to ditch it. I shed a tear when I gave up my 2Dr Big Bend but I knew I'd get another one but with lockers and Sas.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Not the case up North, the common websites I look around are still trying to sell Base Sasquatch Broncos for $55K+
Dealers can try... I seriously doubt dealers can sell a Base for $55K. I notice dealers who had $20K markups in 2022 drop them to $5K or none these days.

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would assume it’s because more WTs were made and sold than most other models. The profit margin on a WT is pretty high, Ford would have wanted to sell more of those vs other models.

SouthEnd

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

SouthEnd

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’d say yes. The HOSS 3.0 is sweet. I personally have no desire to rock-crawl, but I’d go bombing down dirt roads all day long.

Aaron james

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco badlands 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well guess I’m building it instead after all dealer offered 40 and market adjusted still at 15k lol no thanks

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m still happy with my 21 FE I guess I don’t know if I’m would be happier with the hoss suspension ignorance is bliss.

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My totally unfounded speculation is that people ordered a Wildtrak as a high end luxury, awesome offroader to be used as daily driver.
EX: a cooler looking Grand Cherokee Limited.

Most people ordered them without ever seeing one in person or test driving one.

When they finally got it they found out it really lacks in the luxury aspect.
Cheap plastics, rough ride (compared to what the expected) and loud (tire and wind noise).
Bingo. This ^^^

Overcooked

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D WT, 2021 BMW 540,2024 BMW X7 M60i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My totally unfounded speculation is that people ordered a Wildtrak as a high end luxury, awesome offroader to be used as daily driver.
EX: a cooler looking Grand Cherokee Limited.

Most people ordered them without ever seeing one in person or test driving one.

When they finally got it they found out it really lacks in the luxury aspect.
Cheap plastics, rough ride (compared to what the expected) and loud (tire and wind noise).
"high end luxury, awesome offroader", I can only associate these terms with European vehicles, like a Defender or G class. A Ford has nothing to do with high end and luxury 🤣

However my WT is an "awesome offroader", in fact IMO more awesome than the Defender and G class, and I enjoy it a lot!
Sponsored

Last edited: