First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I’m not the only one with a crack today… was driving on the highway and heard something small hit my windshield. Didn’t think anything of it. Once I got home about an hour later I see a crack.. already looking at deflectors. Safelite scheduled me in for next week let’s see if they come through.

A7126469-2D5F-46CC-AB5A-8218284AF0B7.jpeg
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my 18 year old Tacoma has an almost as straight up windshield and I got one tiny chip I never bothered repairing, so I'm hoping to continue that way, LOL.
that hood deflector is just too much for me, screams 80es or 90es, can't do that. I have a couple paint chips in the Taco, I think I'd rather deal with that.

I can't see how some "PPF" film (what paint is on the windshield to protect?) would do much against the rock impacts we see in this thread, maybe tiny pebbles, but not big rocks like we're talking here.

Sure sucks and is expensive, but we got to have a Bronco instead of some raked back windshield boring sedan everybody else drives, worth the trade off IMO. Just hope you get it fixed soon!

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I heard of this if anyone has done let me know. Install ClearPlex windshield protection on your car as soon as possible. The layer of ClearPlex windshield protection adds a strong skin over the glass that deflects and absorbs the impacts of rocks at high speed.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have heard that Bronco windshields are magnets. I gotta check my insurance to make sure $0 deductible on replacement.
Any upright windshield is.

OP
OP
Thr33Thr33

Thr33Thr33

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I’m not the only one with a crack today… was driving on the highway and heard something small hit my windshield. Didn’t think anything of it. Once I got home about an hour later I see a crack.. already looking at deflectors. Safelite scheduled me in for next week let’s see if they come through.

Ford Bronco Why???!!!!! A7126469-2D5F-46CC-AB5A-8218284AF0B7
Sorry you had to join the club. Its a shitty club. No one should want to join.

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry you had to join the club. Its a shitty club. No one should want to join.
Not at all. I actually had a small chip that was filled. Got it about a week after I received my Bronco. Was being extra careful and avoiding driving behind work trucks and still end up with a crack :rolleyes: Ordered this deflector so hopefully it offers enough protection

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I beleave they make a ceramic coating for glass
Unfortunately ceramic coating does absolutely nothing to prevent rock chips on paint or glass.

Sponsored

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have already had to have a rock chip filled a few months ago. At least in this area getting a new windshield is a dealer only item and it is at least a month wait. I have looked for the specialized coatings too and none are available nearby. You can only be so "careful" when out and about. Stuff is going to happen one way or another.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I drive a Jeep TJ.....and I have my windshield replacement shop on speed dial. :confused:

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Owned my current JKU for 6 years and never a crack or a chip in the windshield.

Have put 2k miles on my Bronco and took a rock to the windshield on Saturday. F.

Ford Bronco Why???!!!!! shield.JPG
On my third windshield for my JKU. Jeep has now come out with a product called “Gorilla Glass”, which is supposed to resist impact better. I assume at some point it will be offered for the Bronco. Tractor trailers are your enemies on the highway.
Sponsored