Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope so. As, I'm getting to the point of looking at something else. Waiting for a '23 to get what I reserved in '20 is starting to wear thin.
Ditto.

When I updated my order for MY'22, I went with the MIC top, because as has already been said, the Mod top went away along time ago. As I made my reservation on October 1, 2020, I'm expecting, maybe, a '23 delivery.

Right now, I don't see any real competitors (if you want front and rear lockers, 35s, gearing...) except the Rubicon Extreme Recon and its engine options aren't near what Ford's 2.7 will do. Of course there's the 392 but you still have the Wrangler on-road manners, interior space... and a lot more weight, especially when you get into the $70K+ ballpark. A tuned 2.7 will come too close to the 392's 475hp and 475tq to pay that much of a premium.

I suspect we'll see updated, and more competitive options by the end of '22 from the Ranger, Tacoma and 4Runner, so we'll see.
Sponsored

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer Walking 🚶‍♂️. ‘23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ditto.

When I updated my order for MY'22, I went with the MIC top, because as has already been said, the Mod top went away along time ago. As I made my reservation on October 1, 2020, I'm expecting, maybe, a '23 delivery.

Right now, I don't see any real competitors (if you want front and rear lockers, 35s, gearing...) except the Rubicon Extreme Recon and its engine options aren't near what Ford's 2.7 will do. Of course there's the 392 but you still have the Wrangler on-road manners, interior space... and a lot more weight, especially when you get into the $70K+ ballpark. A tuned 2.7 will come too close to the 392's 475hp and 475tq to pay that much of a premium.

I suspect we'll see updated, and more competitive options by the end of '22 from the Ranger, Tacoma and 4Runner, so we'll see.
Some of the new stuff coming out will be interesting as well. I had almost pulled the trigger on a 4Runner when the Bronco was announced. I passed on the 4Runner because of its age and when I saw the Bronco I was like DAMN! This thing looks fantastic and has tons of capability. But were looking at a '23 window and now all those other vehicles will be arriving with updates and new capabilities.

More decisions to come! LMAO! First world problems...

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope so. As, I'm getting to the point of looking at something else. Waiting for a '23 to get what I reserved in '20 is starting to wear thin.
Yeah, I hear ya. Luckily I'm not hurting for a vehicle like many are (not sure if you are, or just plain tired of waiting), so while I dislike waiting more, I"d rather wait for what I want than settle and remove things just to get it sooner.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I hear ya. Luckily I'm not hurting for a vehicle like many are (not sure if you are, or just plain tired of waiting), so while I dislike waiting more, I"d rather wait for what I want than settle and remove things just to get it sooner.
Agreed.

I turned in my lease back in July. Been walking since. 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️:cautious:

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone verify the interior color of the MIC top on a Wildtrak? The 360 degree viewer in the B and P shows brown, is this correct or is it carbonized gray/charcoal? Pictures would be nice, thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can anyone verify the interior color of the MIC top on a Wildtrak? The 360 degree viewer in the B and P shows brown, is this correct or is it carbonized gray/charcoal? Pictures would be nice, thanks.
Medium sandstone with black onyx for both cloth and leather.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well basically it is that dark carpet headliner stuff this being included for free.

There are some photos of the inside of the Mick in spots with a carpet is not and I believe it's kind of a lighter cream colored but you can see the fibers and such which is why many think that's why they're including the free headliners.

My point being there's nothing special about the MIC on the WT is the same as all of them so any internal REAL pictures Will give you your answer. The BnP is NOT correct for the underside of the MIC.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's roughly the same grayish black color as the exterior. Plus the headliner as others have mentioned.

RFMETZ

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this forum is a small sample size of the overall Bronco orders, but it seems like those wanting a Wildtrak has fallen off quite a bit due to the changes for ‘22. Mod top, MIC handles/doors, etc…I was 100% badlands from day 1 then at the last minute (after my order was previewing) changed to WT in EG. Are most people ordering a WT okay with the MIC door handles/mirrors or planning on getting them replaced/painted to match body color or gloss black, etc…? I’ve seen strong opinions on both sides- gloss black looks cheap/terrible and MIC matches better, or the opposite. I’ve checked out these guys but not sure I’ll pull the trigger-

https://shop.bfntruckshop.com/shop/ols/categories/2021-ford-bronco

I know this has been discussed quite a bit- just looking for other feedback/opinions.

‘22 Wildtrak/EG/Leather/Lux/Roof rack- build date 1/10/22

Schnabby

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJL4dr,Raptor6.2,JeepJK2dr,M4Conv,65Must,74CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like you the Wildtrak is a compliment to my '13 Raptor. My wheeling is more Sierra and Desert trails and snow. I save the ATV's for rock crawling. The Bronco is slightly larger than my JEEP JL which my son now drives. Like to be able to remove the top and even doors at time. Plus looking forward to the smoother ride the Bronco provides over the Jeep. Once I eventually get the Bronco am looking forward to accessorizing. But while I wait, and wait, am having my '74 Jeep CJ5 Transmission rebuild so I can enjoy that while the wait continues.

Sponsored

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going Wildtrak because it's several thousand dollars less expensive than a Badlands when spec'd the same (sasq, 2.7, leather...) and I was always going to go aftermarket for bumpers, sliders and underbody protection so why pay for what comes with the Badlands if you're just going to replace it? I also wasn't going the vinyl seat route. Sounds like Forscan can open up all the GOAT modes for most if not every model and for me, I would rarely use the auto sway bar disconnect. I'll manually disconnect it ahead of time if venturing onto trails that require it, and the aftermarket will have solutions to make that easier as time goes by.

Every model is the right choice for someone, I'm not going to rag on any other models because it's an entirely personal choice for each person.

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this forum is a small sample size of the overall Bronco orders, but it seems like those wanting a Wildtrak has fallen off quite a bit due to the changes for ‘22. Mod top, MIC handles/doors, etc…I was 100% badlands from day 1 then at the last minute (after my order was previewing) changed to WT in EG. Are most people ordering a WT okay with the MIC door handles/mirrors or planning on getting them replaced/painted to match body color or gloss black, etc…? I’ve seen strong opinions on both sides- gloss black looks cheap/terrible and MIC matches better, or the opposite. I’ve checked out these guys but not sure I’ll pull the trigger-

I know this has been discussed quite a bit- just looking for other feedback/opinions.

I’m not sure I totally buy the logic of switching the handles and mirrors to MIC plastic to better match the MIC roof. You left the grill gloss black…. So if you (Ford) are saying it’s a better match; then why not just flip to the BL grill? I’m sure it’s more to do with reducing the number of options. Only the WT had gloss mirror caps. One part reduction right there. Gloss black handles go away. So now your parts bin for handles for everything besides OB is MIC. More cost / complexity reduction. I think the WT was most or second most requested trim level. So your reducing cost by multiples and getting more units potentially out the door quicker. It’s obvious the bean counters came in and said kill these parts and we can ramp up production along with reducing cost. My two cents 🥴

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m not sure I totally buy the logic of switching the handles and mirrors to MIC plastic to better match the MIC roof. You left the grill gloss black…. So if you (Ford) are saying it’s a better match; then why not just flip to the BL grill? I’m sure it’s more to do with reducing the number of options. Only the WT had gloss mirror caps. One part reduction right there. Gloss black handles go away. So now your parts bin for handles for everything besides OB is MIC. More cost / complexity reduction. I think the WT was most or second most requested trim level. So your reducing cost by multiples and getting more units potentially out the door quicker. It’s obvious the bean counters came in and said kill these parts and we can ramp up production along with reducing cost. My two cents 🥴
Except on the flip side, you're now making OBX's paintable handles and painted mirror caps less cost effective by limiting them to a single trim.

The gloss mirror caps were shared with OBX (remember, it's a paintable part, they don't come out of a mold painted).

GRENDIZER

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Except on the flip side, you're now making OBX's paintable handles and painted mirror caps less cost effective by limiting them to a single trim.

The gloss mirror caps were shared with OBX (remember, it's a paintable part, they don't come out of a mold painted).
Is “gloss black” the same color as the Shadow black paint on offer for the body? Or is it a different color?

OBX mirrors are body color so they are painted Shadow black and not the “WT gloss black”?

If it’s a different black; then your now savings on labor and materials cost by getting rid of that color and the need to make possibly more expensive paintable mirror caps.

Agreed to your flip side comment. That’s why I mention the bean counters. Someone ran the numbers and said “doing this saves us money and possibly build time”…. Also interesting that 3 main colors were dropped when two new colors were added.

Gotta get all that money back from the MIC 1.0 roof fiasco!

Last edited:

Bronco Bri

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand why Ford went to MIC for mirror caps and handles but I don’t like it. I’m planning to get the handles painted body color if mine ever arrives.
Sponsored