Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs Everglades (Which to order?)

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Both seem very cool and have different use cases. I think as a daily driver your better off with the WT because it should be more comfortable on road.

If you plan to go hardcore off roading in your new 55-60k rig a factory winch that's covered under warranty is excellent.

That said you can add a winch to a WT, you could if you really wanted to add the vinyl interior. For the WT , TuX Matts go up very high and cover almost all of the carpet giving you much more protection. Its what I plan to get. rear Steel bumpers can be added and full bash plates is option or $800 for parts and install directly from the ford site.

Really its the 2.7 + hoss. 3.o vs 2.3 + factory snorkel and water fording. All other features can be added included the ugly sticker on the side of the everglades or the hood decal on the WT.

I almost bought a everglades but dealer wanted 5k over msrp so I passed. I love the idea of having a ready to go off roader that's like a tank all OEM. Then the logical part of my brain says "ya your just going to drive around on the street 99% of the time" I have little kids and zero and I mean zero free time for myself. At least I can feel cool driving the kids to school with a tad more comfort on road and pep that's honestly not needed.
Sponsored

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are good points. Meaning if I chose the wildtrak I'd probably be closer to 70k which is much more than I'd want to spend
Sounds like you answered your own question. The Everglades Bronco is an awesome package!

OP
OP

Joshuahbf

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Both seem very cool and have different use cases. I think as a daily driver your better off with the WT because it should be more comfortable on road.

If you plan to go hardcore off roading in your new 55-60k rig a factory winch that's covered under warranty is excellent.

That said you can add a winch to a WT, you could if you really wanted to add the vinyl interior. For the WT , TuX Matts go up very high and cover almost all of the carpet giving you much more protection. Its what I plan to get. rear Steel bumpers can be added and full bash plates is option or $800 for parts and install directly from the ford site.

Really its the 2.7 + hoss. 3.o vs 2.3 + factory snorkel and water fording. All other features can be added included the ugly sticker on the side of the everglades or the hood decal on the WT.

I almost bought a everglades but dealer wanted 5k over msrp so I passed. I love the idea of having a ready to go off roader that's like a tank all OEM. Then the logical part of my brain says "ya your just going to drive around on the street 99% of the time" I have little kids and zero and I mean zero free time for myself. At least I can feel cool driving the kids to school with a tad more comfort on road and pep that's honestly not needed.

Honestly I would prefer the wildtrak. I'd prefer the bigger engine and upgraded suspension. I live in NC so there is opportunity to use the Everglades for its water capability but I doubt I would.

The only reason I'm having this debate is bc by the time I had MIC, high pkg, leather, roof rails, and winch to the WT its almost 10k more.

The Everglades comes with a MIC, roof rail, non cloth seating, and winch already ... it just seems like a bargain but maybe I'm wrong.

I also have little kids and minimal time. So as much as I wanted the 2.7 and hoss 3.0 are they really needed ?

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly I would prefer the wildtrak. I'd prefer the bigger engine and upgraded suspension. I live in NC so there is opportunity to use the Everglades for its water capability but I doubt I would.

The only reason I'm having this debate is bc by the time I had MIC, high pkg, leather, roof rails, and winch to the WT its almost 10k more.

The Everglades comes with a MIC, roof rail, non cloth seating, and winch already ... it just seems like a bargain but maybe I'm wrong.

I also have little kids and minimal time. So as much as I wanted the 2.7 and hoss 3.0 are they really needed ?
If you plan to put any substantial weight on the roof rails aside from a SUV style cargo tube you cant use the factory one and need an aftermarket roof rack. Or one of the metal variants for sells. Depending on the quality of the winch you can find a used one and save a decent amount that way. Get the modular bumper on the WT and your basically ready to go. As for seats if you got cloth on the WT, I have seen a few people buy Vinyl seat OEM covers and have them installed for not alot. I think they were $400 on ebay and install yourself or pay a local shop to do it. The vinyl flooring when I. priced it out was 1200 or so but dont hold me to t hat. I do agree it is a odd ball build that has some very cool features for the price.

Winch aside going with a BD gets you almost everything for 55k except the 12" screen which is nice but not needed. Then you also get the v6 which is something you cant swap out vs the hoss 3.0 suspension and bits.

The likely hood of finding a WT at MSRP from dealer stock or order is also much higher then finding a everglades at MSRP let alone finding one at all. Theres one dealer within 100 miles of me that has one. The plus side do buying the WT and adding stuff later is you can sell it to recoup some. of that money lost vs it being OEM and those features being expect at time of sale. I think both should hold value but I can see more people wanting a WT for the bigger engine and more black trim bits but i could be wrong. I have a 23 WT in green with HT on order I found from a dealer 2 weeks ago, its being built next week I should have it late march Ill let you know how it is.

Sponsored

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I don’t think you have a choice of either one, unless you find it on a dealers lot. Both are “ unobtainium“. The Wildtrak is so oversubscribed that Ford is incentivizing customers to cancel their orders and switch to a new trim. I can’t see them taking new orders for a long time. The Everglades was part of a special scheduling cycle along with Base Squatch, MT, and optional BL wheels to “balance out“ production for MY23. Essentially no more of these products will be schedule in MY23. There are strong suggestions that Everglades will not be offered in MY24
I had a Badlands on order from December 2022 and changed it to an Everglades in December of 2023. I received my VIN two weeks later. Everglades is awesome!

OP
OP

Joshuahbf

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you plan to put any substantial weight on the roof rails aside from a SUV style cargo tube you cant use the factory one and need an aftermarket roof rack. Or one of the metal variants for sells. Depending on the quality of the winch you can find a used one and save a decent amount that way. Get the modular bumper on the WT and your basically ready to go. As for seats if you got cloth on the WT, I have seen a few people buy Vinyl seat OEM covers and have them installed for not alot. I think they were $400 on ebay and install yourself or pay a local shop to do it. The vinyl flooring when I. priced it out was 1200 or so but dont hold me to t hat. I do agree it is a odd ball build that has some very cool features for the price.

Winch aside going with a BD gets you almost everything for 55k except the 12" screen which is nice but not needed. Then you also get the v6 which is something you cant swap out vs the hoss 3.0 suspension and bits.

The likely hood of finding a WT at MSRP from dealer stock or order is also much higher then finding a everglades at MSRP let alone finding one at all. Theres one dealer within 100 miles of me that has one. The plus side do buying the WT and adding stuff later is you can sell it to recoup some. of that money lost vs it being OEM and those features being expect at time of sale. I think both should hold value but I can see more people wanting a WT for the bigger engine and more black trim bits but i could be wrong. I have a 23 WT in green with HT on order I found from a dealer 2 weeks ago, its being built next week I should have it late march Ill let you know how it is.
Yeah I'm not sure what I would put on the roof rails yet. I just think 300 to add it from the factory is a great price. I added rails to my wife's mini van a while back and was charged almost 400$ just for labor to screw them into the metal roofing

I know there are lots of ways I could cut costs. It just seems so convenient to add them stock. Finding ppl to do any sort of manual labor is hard enough and then for jt to be quality and not over priced is even harder

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Given the weight of a 4-door, and the fact that you can't put the 2.7 in the Everglades for some reason, or get a manual... well... there is a reason that they are not very popular.

Major advantage of the Everglades is the wheels though. Ford has plenty of Everglades wheels and has always been short of the standard Sasquatch wheels, so you have a much better chance of getting schedualled with an Everglades.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With Everglades you can have a Bronco and be enjoying it while the dust settles and eventually Ford gets their shit together, maybe. Order a Wildtrak down the road and trade the EG if it doesn’t suit you. Saw an EG in the Wild the other day, and it’s a head turner. I’m enjoying the Big Bend interior just fine, but the EG interior is by far my favorite.
Sponsored