Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs Everglades (Which to order?)

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, if MSRP compared to MSRP. I'd go Everglades, but this is more based on my home location. Being in Michigan the snorkel, and whatever they did with the 2.3 (if anything) to increase the fording depth can very well come in handy. Not many places to high speed off-road around here.

People are talking about the 3.0 HOSS, but honestly the 2.0 feels fine in my Badlands. I also do not plan on any major suspension changes until warranty is kaput.
Sponsored

CaptFett

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an early reservation in for a WIldtrak. It was spec'd with everything including LUX and MIC. I was patiently waiting it out....and waiting....and.... Knowing Ford may not deliver and will take away the incentives if they don't, I switched to Badlands yesterday, no SAS, Soft top, Vinyl Seats, High package. With the incentives and the price point change, the vehicle went from 60K+ to 50K. As an east coaster and not likely to trek to Baja, I think the BL will work and I like a $10K advantage.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
EVERGLADES! - For almost $10k less, it's the better option.

1) Factory winch with small bash bar looks good and saves installation hassles
2) Everglades looks unique. It's hard to tell a difference between WT and my Base Squatch
3) 2.3L 300hp engine has plenty of power. I own 4Dr BaseSquatch 2.7L. I drove a 4Dr Squatch with the 2.3L and was pleasantly surprised. I would be absolutely happy with the 2.3L
4) MGV seats in Everglades are better than WT leather imo
5) Everglades wheels are cool, adds to trim uniqueness. Looks good w/Azure grey
6) Standard SAS suspension is plenty good unless you plan on high speed desert racing

Save the money and effort of converting the WT and enjoy the Everglades.

Last edited:

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I went Everglades. IMO the look of the squared fenders are so much better. Theyā€™ll probably be standard on all trims come 2024. I really wanted the 2.7 just because I generally can never have enough power but after driving a friends stock 2.3 for a day, it was more than adequate. Add a tune and a few other mods and it should really wake up. As much as Iā€™d like to have the 3.0 suspension I plan to modify my Everglades anyway so that wasnā€™t a deal breaker. My Everglades stickers at $58K and the dealer is selling it to me at MSRP minus price protection so I should be $55k plus tax and fees. And donā€™t forget the winch is a factory installed part and covered under full warranty.

JojoReady

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I donā€™t think you have a choice of either one, unless you find it on a dealers lot. Both are ā€œ unobtainiumā€œ. The Wildtrak is so oversubscribed that Ford is incentivizing customers to cancel their orders and switch to a new trim. I canā€™t see them taking new orders for a long time. The Everglades was part of a special scheduling cycle along with Base Squatch, MT, and optional BL wheels to ā€œbalance outā€œ production for MY23. Essentially no more of these products will be schedule in MY23. There are strong suggestions that Everglades will not be offered in MY24

Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went Everglades. IMO the look of the squared fenders are so much better. Theyā€™ll probably be standard on all trims come 2024.
I agree that the squared fenders will likely be the future of the Bronco going forward.

CaptFett

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is an Everglades sitting in the showroom at Jerry's in Leesburg VA. It's beautiful. MSRP 56K. ADM 15K.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Wildtrak with the cloth interior (my only option was the HT).
I LOVE the cloth. So much more comfortable than MGV or leather - especially in the hot summer months.
You could always do seat covers if you're worried about the seats.

I would 100% do the WT again. The 2.7 is a great engine and really moves this rig around with ease. Plus, the HOSS 3.0 suspension will cost at least $3-4K to have the Everglades upgraded.

You have options to make these things what you want. Get the expensive standard equipment (V6 and Suspension) to start, it'll cost you less in the long-run.

Sponsored

CaptFett

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blueā€¦I think Azure but difficult to tell in the showroom

58406C1C-81C8-4A46-B7EB-FC38BFFBFE5D.jpeg

F8E89B94-2D09-4B30-969D-C277E4CBBE71.jpeg

CaptFett

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lx470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jerrys LEESBURG - 703-777-0000 ask for Bruce Johnson ext 217

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
3) 2.3L 300hp engine has plenty of power. I own 4Dr BaseSquatch 2.7L. I drove a 4Dr Squatch with the 2.3L and was pleasantly surprised. I would be absolutely happy with the 2.3L
To put it in perspective, the Everglades, is slower than the wife's old Toyota mini van, according to the sites that do comparisons.
Sponsored