Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice job with the swap. I also like you door sill protection, that's a cool idea. Can't believe no one commented on it.
Thanks! Got it from Fero Machines. They kept selling out, got lucky when they restocked!
Sponsored

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those circles are the plugs used under carpet instead of the drain plugs on the vinyl floor. The assembly line must've left them in your truck.
Wait so all trims come with those drain plugs?

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait so all trims come with those drain plugs?
Yes, all models have drains, whether carpet or vinyl floor. The carpeted trims have flat plugs underneath the carpet, whereas the vinyl floor trims have accessible drain plugs.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, all models have drains, whether carpet or vinyl floor. The carpeted trims have flat plugs underneath the carpet, whereas the vinyl floor trims have accessible drain plugs.
Is there anything that makes the flat plugs fundamentally different? Is it as simple as just swapping out the carpet for vinyl like in the video?

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there anything that makes the flat plugs fundamentally different? Is it as simple as just swapping out the carpet for vinyl like in the video?
The flat plugs pop right out. To cut cost they make all Bronco's pretty much the same with the drain holes. They just seal it with the flat plugs for the carpeted trims to prevent condensation or water under the carpet. you can use the flat plugs to drain but, they're not as convenient to use as the twist and open drain plugs on the vinyl floor trims. Based on my install, the drain plugs secure the vinyl floor as well, so it has a dual purpose.

Sponsored

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
@AK007 If you had to do this all over again, would you still recommend the sound blocker layer? I’m thinking of doing this in my Base model. Oh, and any luck figuring out the back part staying down?

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@AK007 If you had to do this all over again, would you still recommend the sound blocker layer? I’m thinking of doing this in my Base model. Oh, and any luck figuring out the back part staying down?
If you plan on adding sound deadening at some point you might as well do it while pulling the carpet and seats. In my opinion I think most of the exterior sound I'm getting from is from seals and the hardtop. But then again I dont think the Bronco is loud unless I'm going over 60mph ( I ride motorcycles so I'm unfazed by a little road noise) If your budget is tight, I would say its not necessary and there are better mods out there to put money on like the Procal, fogs, rock sliders, etc. The vinyl floor does come with a sound dampening layer.

I didn't get a chance to check a Black Diamond/Badlands this past weekend, but definitely will this upcoming weekend and have that sorted.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! I’m on the verge of ordering it. I’m curious if I’ll run into any hurdles. I really want that washout floor. If you can keep us posted, I’d appreciate that. Thanks for this post in general. I didn’t think it was possible to do it. lol

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a White Shepherd I get it! When I pulled the carpet I found his hairs covering every inch of the carpet, places I would never be able to vacuum lol

IMG_9746.jpg

IMG_9348.jpg
It blew my mind when I was vacuuming dog hair out of a car that never had the dog in it. The damn carpet was contaminated just from what floated in on my shoes and the wind. Oh, well. I miss the dog (she passed away a little over a year ago) way more’n I was irritated by the hair. I always got mad at the person that thought carpet in a vehicle was a good idea.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks! I’m on the verge of ordering it. I’m curious if I’ll run into any hurdles. I really want that washout floor. If you can keep us posted, I’d appreciate that. Thanks for this post in general. I didn’t think it was possible to do it. lol
An alternative would be to wait until Armorlite releases their replacement washout floor. From what I've seen of Armorlite floors on Jeeps there's a good chance it'll be better than OEM, but it'll probably be a while before they're ready.

Sponsored

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you plan on adding sound deadening at some point you might as well do it while pulling the carpet and seats. In my opinion I think most of the exterior sound I'm getting from is from seals and the hardtop. But then again I dont think the Bronco is loud unless I'm going over 60mph ( I ride motorcycles so I'm unfazed by a little road noise) If your budget is tight, I would say its not necessary and there are better mods out there to put money on like the Procal, fogs, rock sliders, etc. The vinyl floor does come with a sound dampening layer.

I didn't get a chance to check a Black Diamond/Badlands this past weekend, but definitely will this upcoming weekend and have that sorted.
Any luck on the back solution?

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any luck on the back solution?
Sadly, not yet. I actually went to a dealer during lunch today and no Bronco's. Can't find a vinyl trim Bronco at the last 4 dealers I visited. The last dealer I visited this weekend had a badlands with carpet an Outerbanks and 2 Wildtraks. I'll keep searching this week and will post updates.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sadly, not yet. I actually went to a dealer during lunch today and no Bronco's. Can't find a vinyl trim Bronco at the last 4 dealers I visited. The last dealer I visited this weekend had a badlands with carpet an Outerbanks and 2 Wildtraks. I'll keep searching this week and will post updates.
Thanks! I'm most likely ordering a set anyway but would love to have that part figured out too.

OP
OP
AK007

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

An alternative would be to wait until Armorlite releases their replacement washout floor. From what I've seen of Armorlite floors on Jeeps there's a good chance it'll be better than OEM, but it'll probably be a while before they're ready.
True, I couldn't wait. If there is a significant difference maybe I'll upgrade, but I'm more than happy with OEM Set up and dont forsee any issues that would make it a must have.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome work OP, thanks for being the first!
Sponsored