First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My current order is OBX, lux, tow, 2.7, A51, with MIC, mod bumper.
This week I saw my first bronco, parked on the street, (photos below)Its a manual, soft top, appears to be a squatch. Until now I’ve been unwilling to go soft top. But after seeing this thing up close I’m wondering if I should change my order. Soft top is better than nothing.

My first choice was the more expensive metal hard top (the one made of “car” not plastic). I changed to MIC when it became obvious it would delay my order not to. I don’t want to change my order, but I want to wait another year + a lot less..

My question is does it even matter? Is Ford going to build my order any faster? Are they even going to see that my dealer changed it? What happens, Ford combs through dealer orders looking for one with whatever they have on hand on that day? Does that sound realistic?
Ford Bronco Will Changing my Order Matter? 1EBA4BAC-F769-41A1-8A75-641D70297AD2

Ford Bronco Will Changing my Order Matter? 16B4DBBC-7C85-4954-90A6-4B294A8ACDBC

Ford Bronco Will Changing my Order Matter? 1C27B30A-8C5A-43DA-9BFA-52EF4896338E

Ford Bronco Will Changing my Order Matter? EBA8B032-F299-4BF1-B510-411F35DA5185
Sponsored

Last edited:

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you ok with the tradeoffs that come with having a soft top? If so, changing your order gets you a chance at getting your vehicle built this year.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you ok with the tradeoffs that come with having a soft top? If so, changing your order gets you a chance at getting your vehicle built this year.
I thought that was no longer the case. That there was a cut off a couple of days ago suggesting if you didn’t have a VIN, it wasn’t going to be a MY21

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought that was no longer the case. That there was a cut off a couple of days ago suggesting if you didn’t have a VIN, it wasn’t going to be a MY21
That’s only the case for MIC tops. Ford is continuing to schedule soft tops for 21.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s only the case for MIC tops. Ford is continuing to schedule soft tops for 21.
Ok, thanks for clearing that up! I think I recalled it the way I did because I have a 2-Door on order

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My current order is OBX, lux, tow, 2.7, A51, with MIC, mod bumper.
This week I saw my first bronco, parked on the street, (photos below)Its a manual, soft top, appears to be a squatch. Until now I’ve been unwilling to go soft top. But after seeing this thing up close I’m wondering if I should change my order. Soft top is better than nothing.

My first choice was the more expensive metal hard top (the one made of “car” not plastic). I changed to MIC when it became obvious it would delay my order not to. I don’t want to change my order, but I want to wait another year + a lot less..

My question is does it even matter? Is Ford going to build my order any faster? Are they even going to see that my dealer changed it? What happens, Ford combs through dealer orders looking for one with whatever they have on hand on that day? Does that sound realistic?

That just looks like a BL with the optional wheels maybe (don't pay much attention to the wheels anymore), but it's not a Squatch.

If you want it that bad, then yes switch to soft top.

I previewed in May for a week (had MIC), then fell off. Switched to a soft top 1 1/2 weeks ago and got a VIN & build date (9/13) last Thursday. I'm a 7/15 res. So depending on when you reserved, and what other orders look like at your dealer, yes a soft top will increase your odds tremendously. One of my orders was either near the back or just outside dealers allocations, and with soft top I am now in. 🤷‍♂️

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That just looks like a BL with the optional wheels maybe (don't pay much attention to the wheels anymore), but it's not a Squatch.

If you want it that bad, then yes switch to soft top.

I previewed in May for a week (had MIC), then fell off. Switched to a soft top 1 1/2 weeks ago and got a VIN & build date (9/13) last Thursday. I'm a 7/15 res. So depending on when you reserved, and what other orders look like at your dealer, yes a soft top will increase your odds tremendously. One of my orders was either near the back or just outside dealers allocations, and with soft top I am now in. 🤷‍♂️
Ford Bronco Will Changing my Order Matter? R (5)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You need to know where in line you are with regards to your dealers allocations.

If there are few or no reservations ahead of you and your dealer hasn't come close to filling their allocation, you stand a much better chance of getting scheduled.

If your dealer has a whole bunch of buildable reservations ahead of you, then you could change to just about anything an still not get scheduled.

Dealer allocation and your place in their list are the biggest factors on how much your chances improve by going to a more buildable spec.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I switched from a hard top to a soft top and got a VIN within two weeks. I ordered in March, made the change about a month ago, it DOES make a difference.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealer was able to get my order accepted in the system as a MY21 order - where we had previously not been able to get one through - for me or for others - everything was 99'd.

Fwiw - my order is a black diamond 4 dr, soft top, 2.3L auto - to get out of 99'd land I dropped SAS, tow, and the MIC and the order got picked up as priority 19.

Does that mean it is getting built? No definitely not. Does it mean it has a fighter's chance based on Ford needing to keep production lines going and to build out a number of MY21s? It does.

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7/14 Early AM res and I made the switch to a soft top last Tuesday and got a VIN Thursday of same week.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer was able to get my order accepted in the system as a MY21 order - where we had previously not been able to get one through - for me or for others - everything was 99'd.

Fwiw - my order is a black diamond 4 dr, soft top, 2.3L auto - to get out of 99'd land I dropped SAS, tow, and the MIC and the order got picked up as priority 19.

Does that mean it is getting built? No definitely not. Does it mean it has a fighter's chance based on Ford needing to keep production lines going and to build out a number of MY21s? It does.
I hear you in that. I was bummed in March, but stuck to my guns to go with the MOD top because 2022 didn’t seem all that far away.

with time, I convinced myself to really not like the MIC top to soften the blow. Then June came around and I had MY 2023 staring at me with no idea why the MOD top was having so much trouble. Again, I rationed that I’d stick to my guns, but heavily doubted whether I should follow through with my order or change it to a 4-Door Soft-top. Annoyed, I made the concession I’d make the damn thing more expensive to make the wait worth it.

once all this crap came out about the MIC top, I had immediate relief. I hate that others are going through the ringer and I miss the level of excitement that had me clutching to every morsel of information, but I’ve nearly hit a floor level of apathy until I saw a First Edition parked in my neighborhood.

I immediately became envious and jealous all at the same time and can certainly understand doing everything possible to get it sooner than 2023.

as for me… I just want what I want and if they delay it too long, I might be concerned about gas v electric. Right now, I’m less worried about that.
-_-‘

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you wait your probably going to like the hardtop better than soft top especially long term. Going to be more costly if you have to buy a hardtop later. I thought about changing but I know I wouldn’t be happy in the end I’ve owned two soft top jeeps and wasn’t a fan when used for a daily driver they are loud cold/hot get flappy over time and not secure. Convenient yes but that’s all they are.

OP
OP
John Whammer

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, I did it. I changed my order to a 4 door soft top.

We will see if it makes a difference!

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It's worth a shot. I changed mine last Monday and got a build date on Thursday. I even got a Sasquatch and 2.7 which were supposedly in short supply.
Sponsored