First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So been following this forum for a while. Thanks to everyone for keeping us so well informed over this long wait. Great sort of group therapy.

I have a July 20 reservation and a October ‘21 MY 22 Badlands 2.7 Auto 4-door order. No scheduled build date yet.

I’d like to switch from a 2.7 automatic to the 2.3 manual, but my dealer is telling me that in order to do so he has to change the order’s “body code” or at least change the order on the “body code” page in their system. And doing so, it will result in a new order date, forcing me to ‘23 and negating my price protection.

Drove the manual at one of Ford’s off-road test drives for reservation holders, and I think it sold me. Despite the 2.3, I’m still thinking manual will be too much fun to pass up.

Does anyone know if this is accurate and/or has anyone made similar changes since the order banks closed in early March? Am I really locked in now even though I might not get scheduled for months?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I changed from a 2.7 to 2.3 while my BL was in preview status, and it had no effect on my build. My Bronco was scheduled and built a few weeks later.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a DORA for both a BL 2.7 auto and a BL 2.3 manual and the body codes show the same. This was for a MY21 so a MY 22 could have changed but doubtful.

The Ford PP FAQ (linked in the linked post) states changes to doors, 4x systems, and models would update build to new pricing but does not specifically address motor or transmission changes.

I would point the dealer to the FAQ and ask that he seek clarification.

Reactions: law

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what i know, going from a 4door auto to a 2door manual you lose price protection. Other than that, if you want it then order it. You're the one that has to drive it.

OR

Keep the auto and order an additional 2 door manual and trade up when the 2door comes in

Sponsored
OP
OP

BnicVa

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely want to stick with a 4-door Badlands so I wouldn’t think it would count as a model change, but I think his concern, rightly, is that it’s all on the same screen in the computer and once he changes it, there is no going back.

Is there no adjustment process he can do with Ford directly to fix it if it does?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't think they offer manuals with a 4door, unless something changed I'm unaware of. I don't really know for sure as i never looked at 4 doors when building mine. But if that's true, that might be your problem

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, that's wrong. I have been driving a 4-dr manual BL since August
I just looked at the build site. You can build a 4door manual badlands but not a 4 door man base. So model specific.
Sponsored